stolen and recovered

fattony89

Reaction score
hi all,

i currently have an a3 1.6 fsi sport, young driver= high insurance :( im looking to get a stolen and recovered audi s3. the problem is i cant find any dealers or websites were these cars are available. Can someone help me out?!?

cheers and thanks in advance

Insurance is still gonna kill ya?

Even with the s3 bein stolen recovered its still not gonna be cheap surely??

the insurance would normally kill me done a quote it came out £4000 but im doing it under company car insurance got a quote came out at about 900 quid. my mates dad stumbled across one and got it for around 9000 grand

Is this for the 8P S3 or 8L as that seems really cheap for a stolen recovered. Was there any damaged? I saw a beautiful Red 57plate Audi S3 Stolen recovered that was still up for £17 k or best offer.

the insurance would normally kill me done a quote it came out £4000 but im doing it under company car insurance got a quote came out at about 900 quid. my mates dad stumbled across one and got it for around 9000 grand

= £9,000,000
If you can afford that, £4000 on insurance should be a snip ;)

But its not a company car -in the event of a crash, they're not going to pay out and you can kiss that 9k and your licence good bye...

If they ask for trading invoices, company VAt number, - what are you going to do?

And surely going from a 1.6 to a S3 - the chances of you having a bump are quite high.

But its not a company car -in the event of a crash, they're not going to pay out and you can kiss that 9k and your licence good bye...

If they ask for trading invoices, company VAt number, - what are you going to do?

And surely going from a 1.6 to a S3 - the chances of you having a bump are quite high.

i see were youre coming from but the car will be bought under my dads company so im ok on that front.

Good luck on finding one for 9k, let us know when you do!

One sold on ebay for 12k and that was virtually destroyed from the windscreen forward! Cat C.

I reckon a S/R (with keys) and found abandoned with minor damage would still fetch 14-15K

Stolen recovered will be cheaper to buy (still in and around £16/17k) but will be the same to insure, tax, maintain, fuel and if you are finding it hard to insure a 1.6, a group 18 car will be terrible for you.

Put that ontop of maintenance costs, fuel, tax etc.... not a wise move IMO unless you are getting an awesome monthly salary :(

The cheapest S3 I found when searching was £16,995 and it was orange with the complete works - unfortunately CAT C!

Interesting it's worth so much. Makes me laugh really, our local Audi main dealer offered me a part exchange for my S3 against a new '57 plate S5.

Lets just say our S3 was pretty much valued by the dealer in January '09 (who sold it to us and services it on the nail) a tad above a Cat C write off!!! Of course I feel like a 'valued Audi customer'!

Interesting it's worth so much. Makes me laugh really, our local Audi main dealer offered me a part exchange for my S3 against a new '57 plate S5.

Lets just say our S3 was pretty much valued by the dealer in January '09 (who sold it to us and services it on the nail) a tad above a Cat C write off!!! Of course I feel like a 'valued Audi customer'!

Oh yeah and a couple of days later (and a quick wash by a 16 year old apprentice) it will be a quality Audi approved used car with 22995 in the window :banghead:

Oh yeah and a couple of days later (and a quick wash by a 16 year old apprentice) it will be a quality Audi approved used car with 22995 in the window :banghead:

:yes: