Fitted my new black edition wheels

electric_cooper

Reaction score
Fitted my new wheels yesterday :arco:

After: (sorry about crap pics, didnt have time to clean it and weather is shocking:3sadwalk:

003-3.jpg

004.jpg

006-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

Will get some better pics when I get chance to clean it :hubbahubba:
Opinions welcome

Look excellent mate. Really suit the car....nearly bought a set of those for winter wheels. Wish I had now :(

Looks great! A real bargain that looks the business, i bet your well chuffed.

I think its a real shame Audi limited the colour options for the Black Ed. I think they would have sold more if their had offered up the full a3 colour palette. The wheels just seem to really go with darker greys and im sure they would look great on the blues to!

look really nice mate well done. now for some '09 rear facelift lights!!

Mate car looks great! The black grill and the alloys go with the paint work so well! Bet your pleased. Facelift lights would finish the back off! How you finding the car?
Any more plans for the car?

Ashley

cheers for the comments guys :)

well happy with them and think they suit the colour to a tee

as for future plans, not really sure

definitely fancy RNS-E, light window tints and a re-map but will see what funds allow

juts enjoying it for now, love the smoothness of the drive and so impressed with the 1.8T engine :)

I think they look sweet! But you need to get some spacers for these babies... The offset on them tends to tuck them a bit far into the wheelwells... I put 15mm on mine and it is rubbing a bit so I wouldn't go more than 12-13mm.

Otherwise, looks awesome and you're right it does compliment the colour of the car.

p.s. those wheels are a B!T$# to clean. Speaking from personal experience. lol

Last edited:
Wow they look amazing mate, well chosen :)

Are there any downsides to spacers? Do insurance companies care?

Im also interested in getting some spacers for these alloys .. but need more info on to which ones to buy .. 10 -12 mm and which brand .

Sal

Im also interested in getting some spacers for these alloys .. but need more info on to which ones to buy .. 10 -12 mm and which brand .

Sal

Spacers are normally 10 or 15mm. I had them on my beetle and they make the wheel stick out a bit more, makes the car look fatter, As long as you buy proper hubcentric ones you should have no worries. DOnt go cheapo though, the wheel balance is easily thrown out by them.

Here is mine with the spacers on... the 15mm in the rear are a bit much though, rubs a bit on large bumps with stock suspension.

DSC_0254xx1sml.jpg

DSC_0227xx1sml.jpg

^^^Mine is the one on the left here... the other guy has 44 offset I think on his rims. No noticable vibration, but I only took it up to about 150 ish:racer:, since you loose your car and licence for a week if you get caught doin' 50+ over out here.:angrymod:

yeah, I believe 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rears would be fine.

How much is the going rate and whats the best brand to get?

I swear by H&R, but that's because I have them... Other than that the ECS Tuning ones I heard were pretty good and they're hubcentric too. Don't know how the shipping for those things from the US would be though. They're pricey enough for shipping to Canada.

As for prices I'm not even going to try to guess... got mine in Canadian $ for $120 for the front and $130 for the rear... about 60-65 pounds I would guess with the current exchange rate.

Those wheels were a steal! :)