Which Air Freshener to Buy ??

ST09

Reaction score
Hi All,

As the title states can you input or tell me which air freshener do you use in your A3. Ive been using magic tree black ice in my cars for last 1 & half years. Was browsing through couple of website and found the usual Poppy Coral Air Freshener the only decent choice but I'm not sure about the smell as it only comes with Lemon Zest fragnance. Does lemon zest smells good/nice in your car ?

Thanks

it does,but vanilla smells even better!i used to use magic tree vanilla all the time until recently i tried california car scents.come in a little tub pop the lid off stick it under your seat,it last for ages,comes in loads of fragrances too,i have got the coronado cherry one and i love it!
all depends on what kind of smell you like in your motor i suppose tho :sm4:
Can find them all over ebay and if you google it theres hundreds of sites that sell them.

Strawberry Magic Tree, it smells SWEET! Everyone who gets in my car says it smells nice, i just pop it on the bottom of my seat, where the back adjuster is! MMMMMMM NICE!:yes:

it does,but vanilla smells even better!i used to use magic tree vanilla all the time until recently i tried california car scents.come in a little tub pop the lid off stick it under your seat,it last for ages,comes in loads of fragrances too,i have got the coronado cherry one and i love it!
all depends on what kind of smell you like in your motor i suppose tho :sm4:
Can find them all over ebay and if you google it theres hundreds of sites that sell them.

Another one to try then as I've tried most of them, they're all pretty useless tbh, but better than nothing I guess.

Am I alone in not wanting any smell in my car except the "natural" smell of the car itself and the aroma of the half-leather trim on a warm day?

First thing I do after picking up a car is take out the air freshener that has been put in by the valeting company and give the car a good "airing" to return it to its natural "car" smell....

If you cant even decide on a air-freshener, how will you find a woman ? (I'm assuming you are male, because there are no girls on the internet). If that miraculously works out fine, and you become a parent, oh how will you choose a name!?!?

lol @ boggysv .. don't worry sir all of that is under control.

Magic Tree 'Black Ice' smells like a can of cheap deodorant, but the Magic Tree 'New Car' is pretty nice!

i just like the smell of leather to although my little girl is poorly she's only 10 month old and she projectile vomited in the car the other day poor thing her little recaro seat although ive scrubbed the smell clean now smells like a wet dog aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh.....:puke:

Last edited:
I always liked the smell of the traffic light ones - but they last about five minutes.

black ice magic tree is one of our best sellers at work, and one of my favs

Hi All,

As the title states can you input or tell me which air freshener do you use in your A3. Ive been using magic tree black ice in my cars for last 1 & half years. Was browsing through couple of website and found the usual Poppy Coral Air Freshener the only decent choice but I'm not sure about the smell as it only comes with Lemon Zest fragnance. Does lemon zest smells good/nice in your car ?

Thanks

Although Poppy Coral only comes with lemon zest, I'm pretty sure you used to be able to buy a different fragrance in a refill for them. Richbrook have just released a range of new air freshener sprays for cars including "new car smell", so a good option if you just want the smell now or then...

I have just bought a leather smelling magic tree! It doesnt smell anything like leather, not even the slightest, i'm disapointed!

I like that natural smell of my leather. Mmmmmmm

Gotta be 'Wild Berries' Funky Foot! Smells lovely and last for ages aswell!

As my car is only 2 days old so im liking the smell of that brand new interior & leather for now .. But hey let them ideas / opinions coming .. Its good to have more than one option.

Thanks

Have always used Neutradol Blue as it removes odours.

The amount of people who get in my car and say it still smells like 'new car' after 2 years is the only testimonial I can offer, and unlike all your fancy stench wafters is just a plain old deodoriser so it doesn't smell like a turkish brothel on a hot day.

I used to use the automotive ones, but the house ones are cheaper. I wedge them in the back of the door pod and they last about 6-8 weeks for just over a quid.

Having said that I never use air fresheners earlier, I did try Tesco New Car air freshener in my daughter's Yaris last week to mask a slight "stale tobacco" smell from the previous owner that I couldn't fully remove despite foam-cleaning all the seats, carpets and headlining...

It is subtle and fresh and I'd buy again if I needed to mask a smell that I couldn't otherwise get rid of.....