Folding Mirrors S3?

Leenx

Reaction score
I thought they may of been standard - something I seem to be learning everyday that a lot of kit isn't! Anyone know whether they are or not? According to the manual there's an extra button to push but can't seem to locate it on mine - really surprises me if it isn't standard - almost boardering on mean!

What year is your motor. My 2008 S3, you have to turn the mirror selector know till it its pointing to 12.

Folding mirrors are opional on all A3 and S3 models. The cost with a new car is £115. If you like them you order them with your new car. If you don't like them then you don't pay for them.

Remember not everyone likes all these little items so Audi give you the choice and don't expect you to pay for things that you don't want. The alternative would be to fit them as standard and add £115 to the list price of the car.

Folding mirrors are opional on all A3 and S3 models. The cost with a new car is £115. If you like them you order them with your new car. If you don't like them then you don't pay for them.

Remember not everyone likes all these little items so Audi give you the choice and don't expect you to pay for things that you don't want. The alternative would be to fit them as standard and add £115 to the list price of the car.

Hmmm, well mine was an ex demo as I couldn't afford brand new 58 plate S3. I'm not sure I agree with you there about Audi giving you the choice and thinking about the customer because let's face it companies in general in this day and age couldn't care less about us. I couldn't possibly see why anyone wouldn't want electric folding mirrors?:no:

What year is your motor. My 2008 S3, you have to turn the mirror selector know till it its pointing to 12.

It's a 58 plate. Do you have an extra button on yours in between the two mirror icons? Cheers.

Yours must be the facelift model. as l said, to control mine l have a knob which your rotate right and you can adjust the mirror angle, rotate to left for the same. rotate to six oclock for heat and 12 oclock to make the mirrors fold in.

Mine is a Facelift SE model and it has the 6 o'clock position on the mirror joystick to fold the miirors. This is exactly the same as my previous 2007 model which also had folding mirrors.

Mine is a Facelift SE model and it has the 6 o'clock position on the mirror joystick to fold the miirors. This is exactly the same as my previous 2007 model which also had folding mirrors.

Aye, you might be right. l havent driven mine in 4 weeks.

Any retrofit info anywhere on this? Part #'s, procedure etc?

l think your looking at £700 for real ones. l know the mirror itself is £150.

Thanks to everyone for feedback so far - Weird as hell this is! Says its an option in my manual but I have the S3 facelift - i've fiddled with the dial, 6 and 12 position but no joy - anyone else have any info?

Any retrofit info anywhere on this? Part #'s, procedure etc?

You need the correct door modules, external motor mechanics & the possibility of additional loom & door switch, but they may have pre wired your car for it anyway just not connected up.

Pity you have facelift cause I have 90% of the kit for an 03-08 A3/S3 8P folding mirror setup, also have dimming glass x 2 for sale aswell.

Thanks to everyone for feedback so far - Weird as hell this is! Says its an option in my manual but I have the S3 facelift - i've fiddled with the dial, 6 and 12 position but no joy - anyone else have any info?

If the dial turns to a 6 oclock position & also at same position there's a mirror symbol printed on that door trim then you have the folding mirror setup.

You need the correct door modules, external motor mechanics & the possibility of additional loom & door switch, but they may have pre wired your car for it anyway just not connected up.

Pity you have facelift cause I have 90% of the kit for an 03-08 A3/S3 8P folding mirror setup, also have dimming glass x 2 for sale aswell.

how much for the dimming glass?

Like a lot have already said. Cheap option from build, but ****** expensive afterwards. Cost is between £650 - £700 depending on who does them. According to the book its supposed to be 2.5 hours labour, but Audi took 2 days to do mine.