Single Grille conversion

G

Goner

Morning,

Seriously thinking about converting my 2 grille S-line A3 to the single grille type, can someone tell me exactly what parts i need to do this conversion 100% spot on, i'm not one for cutting corners etc so i want to make sure i do this right..

Thanks

You only need the fogs and grilles if you are changing to 06 onward S line bumper, if you are sticking to the standard facelift bumper then the fogs and grilles are identical.

That sounds like a lot of work to produce an uglier look than you already have!

Thanks Ashley, i'll have a read later on.

Hi

No problem....Best thing to do mate would be to check ebay for used parts keeps the cost down that way.
Hope i was able to help

Thanks

Ashley

I was getting excited there :( only if you had an akoya silver, I wouldve traded you any day!

Lol i'm lost? you wanted to trade cars with Lee or Matt?

That sounds like a lot of work to produce an uglier look than you already have!

Lost there mate? :uhm:

yup, I'm lost too LOL. I'm guessing somebody has mis-read.

I'm beginning to think it may be an idea for MODs to do a new sticky under say "popular modifications" with the post being akin to an index as some of the threads like the facelift one can be missed as they are under the guise of FAQ which often refers to forum etiquette.

I want to do the conversion and mine is Akoya Silver...

When looking for 2nd hand parts dont pay extra for Akoya silver thinking you dont need to paint it as it looks like they may have changed the colour sightly for the facelift so it may not match anyhow. I found this out with s-line defuser that was Akoya silver & different to mine.

Correct, it has a different colour code for 06 onwards. I got mine in Akoya (more luck than anything) and my 05 bumper was a perfect match to the original 04 paint but the bonnet (off a 56 plate) was a bit lighter. Its not obvious but does annoy me!

I'm beginning to think it may be an idea for MODs to do a new sticky under say "popular modifications" with the post being akin to an index as some of the threads like the facelift one can be missed as they are under the guise of FAQ which often refers to forum etiquette.

Good point, although I think a simple name change would be a better idea as the FAQs thread is supposed to be for answering questions exactly like this.