OBD-II Monitor ( Like in the GT-R)

tobycruse

Reaction score
I found this in a mag the other day and really want one. Its around the £350 mark!

http://www.vi-performance.com/homepage.aspx

I was wonder if anyone else knows of any kit like this. Very keen of having an extra screen in my car that tells me lots of "stuff". A bit like the one in the Nissan GT-R.

Constant oil temp's and air inlet temps would be interesting to know.....

Are there any other bits of kit out there that are like this? Better ones possibly?

features_realtime_large.jpg

Does the product actually exist?

no actual photos of the device, just mockups, even in the video there no footage of the device. Looks like a good gadget if it does exist.

looks pretty cool but where would it go ???

heres the same thing that fits in the vent of the tt it has the tt surround but maybe it could fit in the s3 , i think it looks pretty cool its quite descreet and you can get it with carbon fibre surround i think its looks the dogs in carbon ....you can buy them from the tt shop here's the link

http://www.thettshop.com/access.asp?cat=2001&product=600602

600602.jpg

600602_1.jpg

600602_3.jpg

I found it in Auto Express. It seems it comes with a suction windscreen mount. Would prefer a mount to the dash, less wobble....

£350 is a lot but its a very useful device. Hmmm, decisions decisions!

i like stuff like that but id go with the tt one it looks very oem especially in the carbon its nice and descreet.... and the screen bouncing around turbo going up and down would look cool if you look at the top pic on the menu it does quite a bit of stuff ....

There are lots of OBD-II monitors on the market all depends on how much money you have to spend and what you want from it really. Most don`t really tell you anything more then if you just had VAG COM connected.

Heres a list of funtions it does, You send them your vent and they send it back fitted it only 200 quid to ....:ohmy:

Products

The liquid is a multifunctoin gauge & diagnostics tool which can display many types of information related to your car's performance. Displaying data in either a traditional gauge format as welll as a scrolling graph alowing data history to be seen visually.
Features

Main Menu

Gauge Display
Graph Display
G force
Speed timing
Faults and adaptations

Multigauge (Coolant, Manifold, Exhaust and Oil temp)(TT only, other cars to follow)
Setup

Sub Menus

Gauge Display
Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position

Oil temp

Graph data
Engine power
Torque
Boost pressure
Cmd pressure
Mass Air Flow
Air Fuel Ratio
Air intake temp
Exhaust temp
Coolant temp
N75 position
Missfire

Dyno plot
Timing Correction plot

G - Force Display

Bar Graph

Left
Right
Acceleration
Deceleration

Speed timing
0-60mph acceleration timing

0-100mph acceleration timing

Faults and Adaptations
Display and Erase Fault Codes

Big turbo setting for up to 500hp engines
English, French, Finnish and German language versions
Imperial or Metric units

banner.jpg

John, now that is a nice find; staying true to OEM:o.k:. Do you know if the DIS is a removable unit from the dials?:readit:

I wouldnt think so, half the control parts will be built into the actual cluster too.

Thanks mate. It was late when I looked at this. I now see that it just adds extra functionality to the existing DIS+. I suppose it just reconfigures the DIS to show this additional information. I like.

It says that it is compatable with MkV Golf = A3?. Where is Nige when you need him? :sob:

Sorry didnt check it, 2weeks ago it was £279.99, must have been on offer.