EM TuningChris Nott

Thread: RS3 video...

3rd Gear

Status

RS3 video...

Has anybody seen this yet? Damn it sounds menacing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdbis...layer_embedded
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    its the new special edition s5 video and that the s5 engine your hearing , Does sound lovely though ......

Ive seen this video on here and someone on pootube has chopped it and labelled it rs3 the nerds......typical nerds

4th Gear

Status
    LOL wrong blazin... that's 5 cylinders you can hear... not 8.
    Sounds great and hopefully means we'll hear more details soon.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    soz guys im wrong......sound like darth vader flying past ....lol

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    LOL wrong blazin... that's 5 cylinders you can hear... not 8.
    Sounds great and hopefully means we'll hear more details soon.
    Would agree with that.

Getting a little excited now !!

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

5th Gear

Status
    How can you tell how many cylinders it has. Wish I could tell the difference, not that I know what a 5 cylinder and 8 cylinder sounds like lol
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

4th Gear

Status
    Go to you tube and search:

RS4 - V8
    TT-RS - 5 cyliners
    Lambo Gallardo - v10
    Merc C63AMG - v8

Then compare them to the clip in this thread

You'll soon start to pick out the different sound tones.
    Geeky, but something you just learnto hear I guess!

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    def 5 cylinder, and sounds great...mmmm...and miltek tbe
    wouldn't be surprised if it's going to have premiere on the next Geneva Motor Show
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    How can you tell how many cylinders it has. Wish I could tell the difference, not that I know what a 5 cylinder and 8 cylinder sounds like lol
    The engine tone is very similar to the Ford Focus ST, if you know what that sounds like you will be able to clearly hear the similarity in engine tone..I have no doubt that this video is the real deal and that we will see the RS3 make its debut very very soon!
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

3rd Gear

Status
    I just contacted my dealer and have asked them to slap my name on the list should this car arrive...can't fooking wait!

5th Gear

Status
    I haven't listened to the video as I'm at work with no speakers. But the S5 will be getting a 6 cylinder engine as in the S4 and S5 Cab. So that could be an S5 running the 6 cylinder engine?

But yes 5 cylinder noise is usually quite noticeable and certainly quite different from others.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I haven't listened to the video as I'm at work with no speakers. But the S5 will be getting a 6 cylinder engine as in the S4 and S5 Cab. So that could be an S5 running the 6 cylinder engine?

But yes 5 cylinder noise is usually quite noticeable and certainly quite different from others.

Think this is defo a five cylinder engine, and watching the video it is the A3 that is getting thrashed and making all the noise.You can actually hear the V8 in the S5 as it exits the bend and climbs the hill , it sounds totally different.

Mark
    Last edited by markwiggy; 9th June 2009 at 12:29.
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    Think this is defo a five cylinder engine, and watching the video it is the A3 that is getting thrashed and making all the noise.You can actually hear the V8 in the S5 as it exits the bend and climbs the hill , it sounds totally different.

Mark
    Yep - that's exactly how I heard it to Mark :D

Third Gear

Status
    Hate to piss on the bonfire, but I have a feeling that A3 is just an S3 as it is a sportback, would Audi make a RS3 S/B I'm not so sure. Hope I'm wrong !!

Mark

4th Gear

Status
    All RS cars have come out in Avant form first - why not the RS3?
    In fact the RS2 and first gen RS4 were Avant only
    RS tradition maybe?

6th Gear

Status
    That definately doesnt sound like an S3's 4 pot so it must be something else....it can only be the TT-RS engine, anyone got a clip of the TT-RS engine for comparison?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    All RS cars have come out in Avant form first - why not the RS3?
    In fact the RS2 and first gen RS4 were Avant only
    RS tradition maybe?
    Maybe, but saloons have been introduced before the Avants in more recent years. The more I watch the video and hear the noise the more i think it's just an S3 with V8 noise in the background. Hope I am wrong ????
    Maybe I just don't want to get myself to excited, rang my dealer this afternoon to book myself a slot in case they do introduce one, my regular salesman says nothing has yet been released with regards an RS3.

Mark

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    I just contacted my dealer and have asked them to slap my name on the list should this car arrive...can't fooking wait!
    You may find there are a few of us on the list already. I've had a 500 deposit down since 2005 and I'm third on the list at my dealers.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy View Post
    The more I watch the video and hear the noise the more i think it's just an S3 with V8 noise in the background. Hope I am wrong ????
    Mark
    No need for hoping...you are wrong

Here's a vid of the TT-RS, you can clearly hear that the tone is the same as the 'RS3' in the video above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4IOcFeFBbg