EM TuningBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boycie

Status
    Also, what are these young drivers on here working as to afford such high priced cars at the age of 19-22??

I would love to know!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hufcforpromotion View Post
    175 for the year fully comp me and my wife on our facelift S3! I am 33 with full no claims and zero points or accidents!
    HUFC,

That is a great premium. I am the same as you, except mine is pre-face lift and I pay 350 with 250 excess (inc. legal, guaranteed hirecar, recovery) with Direct Line. SO, the question is...who are you with and what is your excess? If you don't mind of course.

Oh, and Direct Line are surprisingly mod friendly.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Also, what are these young drivers on here working as to afford such high priced cars at the age of 19-22??

I would love to know!
    I'm a media designer for quite a large Marketing and Design Agency. I deal with the digital side of things so interactive presentation DVDs, web applications and general digital effects for various marketing campaigns.

I didn't go to uni so i've been doing it for nigh on five years now, and safe to say i've progressed a lot further than I would have if I had gone to uni to do a (barely) relevent degree along similar lines. Needless to say the money and benefits of the path I went down are generous for someone of my age.

Boycie

Status
    Know what you are saying mate - I am just out of uni and the salaries that some of my mates are on who did not go to uni is shocking

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJonS4 View Post
    Just read this whole thread and I'm highly amused by the bitterness of some people!!

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons.....I bought myself a B6 S4 at the tender age
    of 22....and only paid 1200 for a years insurance!(with elephant)

This may sound a lot of money to some of the older peeps on here, but if you consider
    that my 2 previous cars were a 1.3 toyota starlet (at 17 and paid 1000+ each year)
    and an 8L 1.8 non turbo a3 (at 19 and paid 1000 each year) It doesn't seem that bad
    to me!

One tip I would give to anyone whose insuring a car in there own name is to (if possibe) put an old biddy on the policy as a named driver!
    I put my dad (whose a massive 51 years old and as tall as the sky)on as a second
    driver and the price came down by over 400!!

I've tried putting my parents on but its always put the price up for me, they have clean licenses and are claim free too. I know it does work for some people though like you say.

Anyway cant complain at approx. 500 FC for me at 24 and my 20 year old girlfriend as a named driver. Could of got it for 300 odd if I didn't have the girlfriend on which is whats going to happen at the next renewal seen as though I'm single now! Proof if needed that women are an expensive habit
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Wai-Fan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by hufcforpromotion View Post
    175 for the year fully comp me and my wife on our facelift S3! I am 33 with full no claims and zero points or accidents!
    Wow! That's really good! Didn't think a price like that would be possible on a group 18 car! Which company is it with??? I dream of the day when my insurance gets that cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by junglist View Post
    I'm a media designer for quite a large Marketing and Design Agency. I deal with the digital side of things so interactive presentation DVDs, web applications and general digital effects for various marketing campaigns.

I didn't go to uni so i've been doing it for nigh on five years now, and safe to say i've progressed a lot further than I would have if I had gone to uni to do a (barely) relevent degree along similar lines. Needless to say the money and benefits of the path I went down are generous for someone of my age.
    Sometimes I wish I did the same, not bother going to uni and go straight into a decent job. Anyways, which company do you work for, if you don't mind me asking? I do a Multimedia course at Leeds and I've been trying to find a work placement for a few months now! But most of the companies don't seem to be doing student placements this year.

Dam recession!
    2006/2008 - 52 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX, Platinum Silver

2008 - 04 Audi A3 8P1 2.0 TDi (140) Sport, Mauritius Blue

2013 - 2010 Audi B8 S4, Quartz Grey

is a retronaut

Status
    Christ, every 3 months or so we have a thread about a young guy who has money and wants a fast car. Then it goes into a big long thread about what people feel about that and what they should or shouldn't have done themselves.

Lex, you want a nice car but can't afford the insurance. Sorry mate but that means you'll just have to get something else for now instead. Simple
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS3Turbo View Post
    Hi,

Im 22 with an s3 Facelift.

You will not stand a chance of getting an S3 until your 21 really. I did the IAM test at 18 etc etc. Had a previous history of a3's. I can almost guarantee they won;t touch you till your 21. I currently pay 1400 on mine. 4000 is alot on insuranc and wasted money. At that age it's like wasting a quarter of your yearly wage.

David

David
    So if i told you i was 18 with a 2003 BAM S3 your answer would be?

I think you should go for it!, So what your 4k down the drain if you've got the money and want it you get it....Dont let anyone else stand in your way. Maybe worth you getting a quote with one of your parents as a named driver and you as the main driver. Makes it alot cheaper and isnt cheating the insureance atall.
    Go for it!

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

Lex
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    Lex, you want a nice car but can't afford the insurance. Sorry mate but that means you'll just have to get something else for now instead. Simple
    Well i have not said that im getting one, thats why the title of the thread says "slightly out of my reach"
    I agree that it is far to much to pay but if i continue searching insurance and find a price around 1000-1500 i will go for it but i know at this point i cant so i will have to wait another year nearer the time in 21.
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Well i have not said that im getting one, thats why the title of the thread says "slightly out of my reach"
    I agree that it is far to much to pay but if i continue searching insurance and find a price around 1000-1500 i will go for it but i know at this point i cant so i will have to wait another year nearer the time in 21.
    Wise decision
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

is a retronaut

Status
    So what is the point of the thread then?
    8P2 S3

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Yes i think 21 is the big drop in insureance.....Plus you can save up more money wast the S3's drop in price.

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

automatic

Status
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

3rd Gear

Status
    So young people get to post and brag about how hardworking they were, how they earned a S4 or S3 at a tender age? while grumpy bitter old men can sulk and reflect on how things have changed?
    World's Fastest S3 Driver - racing old people in toyota camries since 1997 with a 97.6% winning rate.

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boggysv View Post
    So young people get to post and brag about how hardworking they were, how they earned a S4 or S3 at a tender age? while grumpy bitter old men can sulk and reflect on how things have changed?
    lol well I did wonder tbh. He wouldn't be the first to do that.
    8P2 S3

Lex
    2nd Gear

Status
    I didnt ask any of you to comment so all you oldies can go back to your arm chair and watch a lovely episode of last of the summer wine.
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it

is a retronaut

Status
    I didnt ask any of you to comment so all you oldies can go back to your arm chair and watch a lovely episode of last of the summer wine.
    So if you don't want to hear anything from the 'oldies' and you haven't actually asked any questions then the thread is a waste of time.

8P2 S3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12