Tarted up the front end

norm29

Reaction score
Fitted the new black grill, bumper off job, no idea how someone managed to do it without! Painted the rings black and s-line badge, and removed the rear inserts in the fog lights

Debadged the rear, removed the wiper and painted the rings black.

Also have these to fit and black wing mirror covers soon.

You've started now... Where will the modding end??

where did you get the grommet from that goes in the back window ?????

did you fit the grill your self?? if so how long did it take you and how difficult is it to do??

looking good mate, similar to what i will be doing soon

i also want to know about the gromit for the wiper :)

Search google for a3 bumper removal, a yank has does a brilliant how-to, roughly 3hours on and off.

The 'gromit' is a glass/plastic piece that fits perfectly into the gap.I found it through a search on here "rear wiper removal" or something, its from a German company

Looks great, do you have any closeups of the s-line badge? How did you manage to mask off the lettering before you painted it?

Looking good mate. Not sure about those bonnet bra things, but on yours it actually looks quite cool.

I went into a model shop, bought a little tin of Humbrol paint and a little brush, all for £1.80 :)

The bra is needed, I do a 50mile commute on a poorly laid road, stone chips are a killer!

Thats the one! £10 delivered ish

German ebay, £45 I think, was spur of the moment purchase but im happy with it

I went into a model shop, bought a little tin of Humbrol paint and a little brush, all for £1.80 :)

The bra is needed, I do a 50mile commute on a poorly laid road, stone chips are a killer!

How resistant to stonechips would that be though?

If it stone chips then I get out the little tin of paint and touch it up ;)

How resistant to stonechips would that be though?

a stone chip hitting that would be like shooting a dimp from a mile away lol ive painted my whole grill and surround and have had one little chip on the surround since about 4 months of it being done.....cost me 24 quid to spray better that 350 for the grill me thinks although im gona replace the surround at some point the grill is fine ive jet washed them both and are fine but want the black surround to replace.......

Sorry, but yes the car is nice but totally ruined by that bonnet bra, cant stand them, stone chips are part & parcel of driving, not to date had any major issues with stone chips & then resale with any, wouldnt be seen dead with that on my car as such, everyone to there own though, but really not nice.

Can you not have like clear vinyl which stops stonechips? I'm sure I read somewhere who put on aircraft grade stuff which is really resistant and you can just get it re-fit as and when needed for much less that a re-spray. Or I may have been dreaming!

Liking it fella, well done!! Did the rings paint straight on, or did you have to prep em first? Its something ive been wanting to do! !

looks nice mate. as above, how did you paint the rings? are they easy to remove? front/back?

Rear is easy, heat them up with a hair dryer, you will need some double sided tape to stick them back on though.

Front is a pain and IMO you will need to remove the grill. I didnt prep either, just primered and painted

Like it all apart from the car bra, cant stand those things

Car looks great and think the bra's actually alrite! I feel a pain in my left tit everytime i wash my car and see the stonechips :(

Wasnt there a company called Foiltech or something like that which make clear vinyl covers to protect bumpers from stone chips etc?

Are those Merc SLR wheels? Its gonna look scweeeet!

The bra is totally awesome fella, I love it and i will be getting one! When you go to VAG shows you see all the beetles and golfs wearing them but rarely any Audis. You definately have the right "look" going on with it and the wheels will took great I'm sure. They are Merc rims right but off which model?

Mercedes Alphards, optional extra on SL500 and 600s I think

The bra is causing contraversy! Its more of a functional than an aesthetic thing but works for me

Andy, not sure if you replied over on AOC, but it the black grille an optics one?
Where did you source it from, and at what price mate?

Did indeed Byron, it is the optics one, just the surround. I bought it from Stafford Audi, recommended supplier at the bottom of the forum page

Nice mate, really like the wheels, grill and badges-not sure on the bra myself but it seems to be getting a mix reception on here! lol