JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49
  1. #1
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224

    Sachs Clutch + Autotech + Revo Stage2+ = WTF !

    I’ve just got back from AmD – a 240 mile trip for me – and can only say that I am still in shock at the difference this has made. You have to experience this Revo Stage2+ to really appreciate it – words can’t come close but I’ll try.

    Before this week my car was Revo’d (Stage 1) with a Milltek TBE and Forge Intake and was delivering 342 bhp and 344 lb/ft. It was seriously quick on road and track but my knackered clutch meant a Sachs upgrade – and that opens the door for more power and torque with no worries of slip.

    Now, with Stage2+, it is delivering 349 bhp and 358 lb/ft. Not much of a difference you might think ? Forget headline gains at maximum outputs - this is missing the whole point. It’s what happens in between low power and peak power which seems to stop the world spinning. The angry ferocity of the car’s acceleration all the way through the rev-range now is just shocking – it's as if the car has drunk 10 pints of Stella and is gunning for a fight. You just cannot hold it back. You know when you first get a remap and it makes you laugh like a kid every time you floor it ? This doesn’t. On the many occasions when I floored it on this long drive home there was no laughing – just open-jawed silence as the horizon kept jumping through my windscreen. I’m waxing lyrical but it is THAT good.

    And for all those who are having clutch slip like mine last week (see the “My Car Is Bust” thread) – just be grateful and thank your lucky stars because now you’ll have to get a Sachs upgrade. This is sooooooo much better than the old sloppy OEM one – firm and sure and with 300% more “bite”. The feel of it is totally different. It is heavier - but in a positive way which communicates strength and tactility. I absolutely love it.

    On top of all this, and despite booting it at every opportunity, I averaged 30.8 mpg over the 240 trip. No change from beforehand at all (I’ve always got great mpg from this car for some reason).

    The service at AmD was, as always, perfect – and the price so competitive that it more than justified my 480 mile round trip. Shaun goes the extra mile with his customers – he’s never too busy to chat in detail about your car and how its running. He did several rolling road runs and played around with the Revo settings before settling on B8, T7, F9. And once again I’ve got a nicely laminated printout with all the before and after runs on it (no scanner at home to upload now though).

    If you can – go Stage 2+. Its life affirming.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    171
    your writeup sounds... inspiring.. haha congrats mate

    exactly what clutch have you got? is there only one sachs clutch?
    im a bit confused... from the other thread it sounds like dealers have a sachs clutch they can use as well?

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    i always thought that you needed a fuel pump upgrade to run the stage 2 software. you havnt had any fueling problems?

  5. #4
    S3-N's Avatar
    ?

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc_86 View Post
    i always thought that you needed a fuel pump upgrade to run the stage 2 software. you havnt had any fueling problems?
    you do, he has the autotech pump
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

  6. #5
    Rabbit222's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    669
    Nicely done Iggu! Definitely a worth while upgrade without a shadow of doubt....

    Who did the SACHS upgrade for you? Audi? or is yours aftermarket?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

  7. #6
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Nicely done Iggu! Definitely a worth while upgrade without a shadow of doubt....

    Who did the SACHS upgrade for you? Audi? or is yours aftermarket?
    Aftermarket mate - AmDTechnik did it (they've done all my mods).
    It was worth it to me to know the car was being worked on by expert technicians who were fitting a genuine Sachs system. From what I've read by you, Wusman and Sakkie the dealers in SA seem a lot more customer focused that the dealers we have over here. If you were over here you'd understand why I went with AmD I think .....
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  8. #7
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    what is a competitive price? Are these expensive or a fairly cost effective upgrade?
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

  9. #8
    Rabbit222's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Aftermarket mate - AmDTechnik did it (they've done all my mods).
    It was worth it to me to know the car was being worked on by expert technicians who were fitting a genuine Sachs system. From what I've read by you, Wusman and Sakkie the dealers in SA seem a lot more customer focused that the dealers we have over here. If you were over here you'd understand why I went with AmD I think .....
    Cheers for that mate. Would you mind providing a part number for the SACHS kit fitted to your car in the event mine fcks out at some time again?

    Regarding SA dealers, Wus and I have been quite fortunate to establish a decent relationship with our service manager who by the way is from the UK He is ever friendly and loves all the mods we have done to our cars to bits! He seemed to have quite some fun last week when they fitted the Haldex controller
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

  10. #9
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster View Post
    what is a competitive price? Are these expensive or a fairly cost effective upgrade?
    "Expensive" and "cost effective" are subjective things I suppose, but Sachs clutch, new clutch bearings, new flywheel, fully fitted - Ł1k all in.
    Not cheap but for what it does to the car and the guaranteed longevity and peace of mind - it is very cost effective to me.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  11. #10
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Cheers for that mate. Would you mind providing a part number for the SACHS kit fitted to your car in the event mine fcks out at some time again?
    Not at all - glad to help out in any way I can. On my invoice the Sachs Organic Disk is WC141881864999502 and the Sachs Clutch Cover is WC141883082999787

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Regarding SA dealers, Wus and I have been quite fortunate to establish a decent relationship with our service manager who by the way is from the UK He is ever friendly and loves all the mods we have done to our cars to bits! He seemed to have quite some fun last week when they fitted the Haldex controller
    You see that's the difference right there. A dealer here is liable to say: "You've modified the car. Your warranty is void. You are human scum."
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  12. #11
    klauster's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    "Expensive" and "cost effective" are subjective things I suppose, but Sachs clutch, new clutch bearings, new flywheel, fully fitted - Ł1k all in.
    Not cheap but for what it does to the car and the guaranteed longevity and peace of mind - it is very cost effective to me.
    I appreciate that, I don't think thats a ridiculous price, considering your write up and it unlocking the engine to more power gains
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

  13. #12
    tobycruse's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    287
    Welcome to Stage 2+ Iggu! Enjoy!
    Who said speed kills!?!?....But dangerous driving on the other hand....
    Ibis White S3 Sportback - ?bhp - ?lb/ft (Being Fixed)
    Mods: LED's Throughout, Milltek TBE, Revo S2+, Forge CAI (Gold), K&W V3's 25mm, H&R ARB's, Powerflex Bushes, Autotech HPFP, Sachs Clutch, Forge DV, Jonny's PCV Mod, Defi Boost Gauge, Pro Alloy Intercooler, 18" OZ Alleggerita's, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, VI Performance Monitor, Road Angel Pro Connected
    Full OEM Springs and Shocks for sale from 2008 S3 CLICK ME

  14. #13
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by tobycruse View Post
    Welcome to Stage 2+ Iggu! Enjoy!
    Ta for all your patient advice Toby - its a good club to be in !
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  15. #14
    warren_S5's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,164
    nice write up.

    If I hadn't just bought the RNS-E to retrofit the fuel pump would have been my next purchase with Stage 2.

    Given I don't have the Sachs clutch (just a replacement Audi sourced one), it seems like it may have been wasted money as I'd have ended up with more problems.

    You can have all the power you want, but if you can't put it on the tarmac you're no further forward. At last, there seems to be a suitable mod to replace the weak OE parts.

    Roll on next years bonus
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    central scotland
    Posts
    82
    iggu i take it they dont change the fly wheel just the clutch plate and the cover cheers alan

  17. #16
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo286 View Post
    iggu i take it they dont change the fly wheel just the clutch plate and the cover cheers alan
    You need a new flywheel as well.
    If the clutch is slipping its slipping against the flywheel and causing damage.
    You should get both done at the same time.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  18. #17
    Rabbit222's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    You need a new flywheel as well.
    If the clutch is slipping its slipping against the flywheel and causing damage.
    You should get both done at the same time.
    Fckers didn't have stock on the OE flywheel so they refitted the old one and claimed that the flywheel was fine when they checked it. Service manager has been on leave since last week so will take it up with him when he gets back...
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

  19. #18
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit222 View Post
    Fckers didn't have stock on the OE flywheel so they refitted the old one and claimed that the flywheel was fine when they checked it. Service manager has been on leave since last week so will take it up with him when he gets back...
    Mmm - they may be right I suppose but AmD showed me both my old clutch and my old flywheel and the tech guy explained exactly what was happening. If one goes the other goes - the slip markings were visible on both pieces.
    Have you driven the car yet ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  20. #19
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    194
    glad you're happy with it mate!

  21. #20
    shaun@amdessex.com's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Mmm - they may be right I suppose but AmD showed me both my old clutch and my old flywheel and the tech guy explained exactly what was happening. If one goes the other goes - the slip markings were visible on both pieces.
    Have you driven the car yet ?
    Hi

    Glad all is going well and the drive back "oop North" was more fun!

    The main problem with the flywheels is the extra "slack" in the assembly after very little mileage.

    Cheers Shaun.
    Last edited by shaun@amdessex.com; 19th March 2009 at 16:35.
    AmD Tuning- West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Remapping from �299. AmD- APR- Milltek- Scorpion- Forge- Superpro- KW- Eibach- AP- H&R+ more!

  22. #21
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Iggu glad your happy with the outcome. And great read, very interesting aswell. Before you done the mod you had 342 bhp and 344 lb/ft. Stage 2 + is delivering 349 bhp and 358 lb/ft. As you said many people may think thats not much of a difference. But as you said 'Forget headline gains at maximum outputs - this is missing the whole point. It’s what happens in between low power and peak power which seems to stop the world spinning.' Excellent write up mate. Im sure this would help people make there mind up about Revo Stage 2+. Also good to see not changed averaged mpg. Think we can tell from the title and from few of the lines in the post that you really happy with the outcome

    Enjoy the car

    Ashley
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  23. #22
    S3 Big Andy's Avatar
    Stealth Beast Baby Yay

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bramley Hants
    Posts
    707
    Loved the Stage 2+, marrying the stage 3 though!! lol
    Phantom Black, Revo, 450+ BHP , Milltek Evom's, Autotech fuel pump, RS4 brakes 18" Pro Race 1.2 team Dynamics, H&R ARB's, Bilstein PSS10's, Forge Twintercooler, GT3071R, RS4 Injectors, Helix racing clutch, Custom downpipe de-catted straight pipe to back box, 12.6second 1/4 mile! 4.03 sec's 0-60 This isnt just any car, this, THIS WAS the Stealth Beast!!
    Gone but not forgotten
    VCDS GONE TOO
    http://www.andyoram.co.uk





  24. #23
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    central scotland
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    You need a new flywheel as well.
    If the clutch is slipping its slipping against the flywheel and causing damage.
    You should get both done at the same time.
    did they replace it with a twin or single plate mate cheers alan

  25. #24
    edition's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,417
    It fixed yet Big Andy?

  26. #25
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    166
    Great write up Iggu, the words of a man genuinely happy with his new toys! Glad your happy with it all.

    I'm really happy to hear that your pleased with the uprated clutch. It's something I'm sure I'm going to have to invest in soon. I've been counting the days since I had Stage 2+ installed (4 months 7 days to be exact) and every day I'm more and more surprised the standard clutch is still holding out. Had my reservations about upgrading as I didn't want my left leg ending up twice the size of my right but now you've confirmed it's the way forward.

    Cheers and enjoy.
    2007 S3 8P, Phantom black, REVO stage 2+, Milltek TBE, EVOMS, Autotech fuel pump, Forge "twintercooler", Forge DV, Forge shortshifter, Black optics, Privacy glass, Buckets, RNSe + SDS, Bose, iPod, FBMFSW, F&R armrests, Cruise, Interior light pack, Auto lights and wipers, Flat tyre warning indicator, Lamin-x, BBS CH's, H&R ARB's, H&R coilsprings

  27. #26
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    ....
    The service at AmD was, as always, perfect – and the price so competitive that it more than justified my 480 mile round trip. Shaun goes the extra mile with his customers – he’s never too busy to chat in detail about your car and how its running. He did several rolling road runs and played around with the Revo settings before settling on B8, T7, F9. And once again I’ve got a nicely laminated printout with all the before and after runs on it (no scanner at home to upload now though).

    If you can – go Stage 2+. Its life affirming.
    Nice one Iggu....glad you're enjoying all that extra power and torque.

    I also had the pump and Stage 2+ done recently at AMD and like you found,the pump and map do smooth out the delivery and remove some of the hesitation that you seem to get with the stock pump.

    Mine is still having a few misfire problems,which Shaun has put a lot of effort into solving,and as you've also said,he really does go the extra mile.

  28. #27
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    888
    What sort of misfire are you having. Do you have the turbo down pipe ?

  29. #28
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by dc240969 View Post
    What sort of misfire are you having. Do you have the turbo down pipe ?
    Full Miltek,Autotech pump Stage2+.

    Misfire is at 6300rpm and Shaun at AMD has datalogged the car and we're waiting for the outcome....top marks to AMD for all of their help and advice...I really can't praise the service enough.

    Other than that the car goes well,and is much like Iggu's.

  30. #29
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by boggym View Post
    Great write up Iggu, the words of a man genuinely happy with his new toys! Glad your happy with it all.

    I'm really happy to hear that your pleased with the uprated clutch. It's something I'm sure I'm going to have to invest in soon. I've been counting the days since I had Stage 2+ installed (4 months 7 days to be exact) and every day I'm more and more surprised the standard clutch is still holding out. Had my reservations about upgrading as I didn't want my left leg ending up twice the size of my right but now you've confirmed it's the way forward.

    Cheers and enjoy.
    If you're in my area you're welcome to try it anytime - I had my reservations too but its such a better "feel" on this clutch. Everything is tight and you can tell there is zero slack in the transmission of power.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  31. #30
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    If you're in my area you're welcome to try it anytime - I had my reservations too but its such a better "feel" on this clutch. Everything is tight and you can tell there is zero slack in the transmission of power.
    Is it much heavier?
    I sit in traffic quite a bit and the wife uses the car occassionaly.
    Would you consider it Rush Hr/Wife friendly?

    cheers
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

    Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

    BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

  32. #31
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Is it much heavier?
    I sit in traffic quite a bit and the wife uses the car occassionaly.
    Would you consider it Rush Hr/Wife friendly?

    cheers
    Paul
    Yes - and I wouldn't bulsh*t you over that.
    The car is my daily commuter and its the family car - it could never be modified to the extent that it was difficult to drive (this is the main reason I got a new DMF and did not go single plate which is very hardcore from what I've heard).
    I want the car to be as good as it can be - to release its potential - but I don't ever want to compromise its driveability.

    After 2 days driving it I'm not noticing it really - but I bet if I drove one with the old clutch it would feel as floppy as an old dishrag.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  33. #32
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Yes - and I wouldn't bulsh*t you over that.
    The car is my daily commuter and its the family car - it could never be modified to the extent that it was difficult to drive (this is the main reason I got a new DMF and did not go single plate which is very hardcore from what I've heard).
    I want the car to be as good as it can be - to release its potential - but I don't ever want to compromise its driveability.

    After 2 days driving it I'm not noticing it really - but I bet if I drove one with the old clutch it would feel as floppy as an old dishrag.
    Hi Iggu...I assume from this you'd considered the single mass flywheel here...

    http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/s...ganischen.html

    I've been looking at this as one of the next steps on mine,and having driven cars with sintered paddle clutches previously,I wouldn't mind if it was much heavier than standard,if it was almost unbreakable!
    Last edited by S3Alex; 20th March 2009 at 12:33.

  34. #33
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Hi Iggu...I assume from this you'd considered the single mass flywheel here...

    http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/s...ganischen.html

    I've been looking at this as one of the next steps on mine,and having driven cars with sintered paddle clutches previously,I wouldn't mind if it was much heavier than standard,if it was almost unbreakable!
    I definitely did NOT want the single mass flywheel - I like to hear my music in the cabin of the car: not the rattle of the clutch like a bag of ballbearings round my neck.
    They are stronger for sure but this would have been a step to far for me - so a new DMF was my choice. I'm after power - but don't want any compromise to comfort.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  35. #34
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    I definitely did NOT want the single mass flywheel - I like to hear my music in the cabin of the car: not the rattle of the clutch like a bag of ballbearings round my neck.
    They are stronger for sure but this would have been a step to far for me - so a new DMF was my choice. I'm after power - but don't want any compromise to comfort.
    Arf Arf...!

    I've had single mass flywheels up until fairly recently,and had a balanced lightened one on the Sierra Cosworth,but to be fair,the crank,pistons,rods and flywheel were all balanced on that so it was actually very smooth.

    I don't know what a mostly stock engine would feel like!

  36. #35
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    If you're in my area you're welcome to try it anytime - I had my reservations too but its such a better "feel" on this clutch. Everything is tight and you can tell there is zero slack in the transmission of power.
    Thanks Iggu I'd take you up on that but if you're 240 miles "up" from AMD, it may be just a bit to far. Mind you, it'd be a great trip out in my books.

    Out of interest, what settings did your car end on. Mine's B9, T5, F9?
    2007 S3 8P, Phantom black, REVO stage 2+, Milltek TBE, EVOMS, Autotech fuel pump, Forge "twintercooler", Forge DV, Forge shortshifter, Black optics, Privacy glass, Buckets, RNSe + SDS, Bose, iPod, FBMFSW, F&R armrests, Cruise, Interior light pack, Auto lights and wipers, Flat tyre warning indicator, Lamin-x, BBS CH's, H&R ARB's, H&R coilsprings

  37. #36
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Mr Igg, next time your in Gods country (Newcastle area) feel free to let me know and I will make some time to warm your tyres up!

    Cheers!
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

    Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

    BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

  38. #37
    S3-Dan's Avatar
    Quattro

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    alnwick northumberland
    Posts
    178
    aha ! found someone else in newcastle lol i thaught i was alone, what else you planning on doing to yours paul ? iv got my milltek and stage 2 map thursday the 2nd i cant wait :-D

    Ibis S3 / GT3076R / 18" TD 1.3s Toyo R888's / H&R ARBs & Monotubes / USP LPFS / Turbosmart Eboost2 / WOT box / 500HP (EST)...and a TDI badge

  39. #38
    Iggu's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by boggym View Post
    Thanks Iggu I'd take you up on that but if you're 240 miles "up" from AMD, it may be just a bit to far. Mind you, it'd be a great trip out in my books.

    Out of interest, what settings did your car end on. Mine's B9, T5, F9?
    No probs - anytime you're in the area get in touch. Mine is set up on B8, T7, F9 - but every car is very different isn't it ? Its just what suits your machine best. That's the beauty of Revo !

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Mr Igg, next time your in Gods country (Newcastle area) feel free to let me know and I will make some time to warm your tyres up!

    Cheers!
    Paul
    Will do mate - although God's country is Salford surely ?

    Quote Originally Posted by S3-Dan View Post
    aha ! found someone else in newcastle lol i thaught i was alone, what else you planning on doing to yours paul ? iv got my milltek and stage 2 map thursday the 2nd i cant wait :-D
    You'll love the Milltek - you never get bored of the difference it makes. Enjoy !
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

  40. #39
    AJames's Avatar
    Rally Driver - road Audi S3-8P

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    123
    What is the 0-60 acceleration figure on Revo 2+?
    2008 S3 8P: Forge DV, Twincooler, Short gear throw - CustomCAI - Full Milltek resonated - APR HPFP - PensoTech Custom Map - Sachs Racing clutch/cover assembly - NGK Iridium's - Bilstein B8's, tuned - Eibach ERS Springs- H&R antiroll bars - Bespoke Fixed WRC Camber Plates - Haldex Gen II & Switch - Tarox F2000 disks - Ferodo DS2500 pads - OZ Racing Gran Turismo LM 18" - Michelin PSport PS3's
    389bhp - 49kgm
    From Factory: everything but the sunroof.

  41. #40
    akash_sky1's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Glasgow (Sheffield occas.)
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by AJames View Post
    What is the 0-60 acceleration figure on Revo 2+?
    With a standard clutch high 4s easily, take a couple of tenths off if you've got a Sachs or other uprated clutch on their, as you know you can get a sick albeit smelly launch and really take advantage of the haldex with one of those fitted.
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO