sat nav help

dipstic

Reaction score
I have sat nav plus with mfsw and gsm phone install,now am I being exceedingly thick but when I try to use the speech command all I get is phone options,
Accorrding to the manual if I use the command
Help Navigation
Help CD
Help Radio
I should get various options but all I get are the phone help options each time.
Manual options work fine
I use a bluetooth phone and that works ok,only thing I find a bit odd is that the original phone cradle is fitted on the dash and not centre consul
(car is ex demo S3 facelift)
Any thoughts anyone

It's probably cause SDS hasnt been enabled on the RNS-E. Search for Speach diagloue System on here or audiforum.us and all will be explained :)

It's probably cause SDS hasnt been enabled on the RNS-E. Search for Speach diagloue System on here or audiforum.us and all will be explained :)

Thanks for that,looks like its not enabled so is this a main dealer chargable option or is it possible to have it done elsewhere,if so where (south uk)

Easy, wire your mic to the rnse, then on to the Bluetooth module, you'll need a couple of repair wires. You'll need to break into the mic wire runnng up the a pillar. Run patched firmware to install the sds hack, then record your bluetooth module for voice control via rnse. Do a search there's a guide on here somewhere. Your dealer will most likely tell you it can't be done!

Yeah John's correct, you need to rewire mic through rns to btooth module cause at moment you have voice commands for the btooth as mic is going to this presently, need to update firmware via dvd which I can email to you if need be & also code the car for functionality, I'm in east sussex if you cant manage it all, I can get repair wires, dvd & have vcds to code it all.

Stealer wont touch with barge pole 100%, its a factory order only on new cars