best headlight bulbs/whiter/good distance

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Which bulbs have you guys used in your headlights (h7) i want white light and to go a good distance,i know plent on e-bay but when i used some before although they gave a ice white light the light didnt go far enough on the road

use em often? how long they been in?

about 11 months - been spot on!

Use them for around 2-4 hours a week - dont drive that much!

Mikey has them on his A3 too.

Look for this initial build thread - hes got pics of the bulbs/light on there!

Another vote for Osram Nightbreakers. Simply awesome - especially on the backroads and under £14 a pair on ebay inc postage.

I used to have fancy Philip's ones but the Osrams win hands down.

Another vote for Osram Nightbreakers. Simply awesome - especially on the backroads and under £14 a pair on ebay inc postage.

I used to have fancy Philip's ones but the Osrams win hands down.

According to a recent test in the magazine Auto Express the Philips X-treme power bulbs came out top with the Osram Nightbreakers a very close second, so I'm sure either would be suitable.

Personally I have not used either of the current top two as my current A3 has OEM Xenons but I have used some Philips ones on previous A3s and they were certainly a big improvment over that standard ones.

According to a recent test in the magazine Auto Express the Philips X-treme power bulbs came out top with the Osram Nightbreakers a very close second, so I'm sure either would be suitable.

Personally I have not used either of the current top two as my current A3 has OEM Xenons but I have used some Philips ones on previous A3s and they were certainly a big improvment over that standard ones.

I have used both and between the two its the night breakers for me but that was on B roads with high beams so maybe that's where they really shine (no pun intended). Put it this way - both were miles better than standard factory bulbs.