S3 Sportback - K&W V3's 25mm - Pics

tobycruse

Reaction score
Been waiting for a good day to get the car cleaned and take some good pics. So here she is, now sitting on K&W V3's with a 25mm drop. The springs have settled now so this is as low as its going to go on 25mm.

DSC01069.JPG

DSC01070.JPG

DSC01073.JPG

That looks the ******** mate! Well done......

The white body with black wheels is a winner.....and all the better for being lowered now too.

:applaus:

How do the KWs feel compared to the standard set-up?

Just thinking, although i love the idea of black wheels.....think these would look smart too.......

If i had a white A3 I'd be tempted to go with these.....

equinoxwhite.jpg

Looks awesome mate :D

Bet your well pleased with the S3 :D

This has got to be one of the best S3s on the forum - Black/White - Top colour combo!

Looks great, but i think white wheels would make it tho. Perfect height imo

The S3 SportBack realy does look mint. Thats a nice drop... I realise i'm probs stating the obvious but thats -25mm from the height of the standard S3.. right?!
:tumble:

How do you like the ride of the V3s? Money well spent? Love my V2s, best money I ever spent modding a car

I had the V3's done first and the handling was very much improved. The back end was a lot more stable and in control, not bouncing all over the show. But after the V3's i had the H&R ARB's (anti roll bars) put on and these made one HELL of a difference. Turn in and cornering at speed were a lot more firm and stable, made the handling perfect imo. The biggest difference with the ARB's is when you turn in, as soon as you start to turn the wheel the car reacts, before the car felt numb.

The two together, V3's and ARB's, gave the car all the handling and grip i needed!

As for everyone's comments about getting white wheels, it might look good but the car has a black roof and so the black wheels and wing mirrors all sort of go together.... Please see pictures below!:

DSC01016.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

Toby - looks ace mate.

Out of interest (I'm probably going to go the same route with suspension when it arrives) what ball park figure are we talking about for the KW's and arb's

Nice. Is that a black roof or the open sky thingy?

Toby - looks ace mate.

Out of interest (I'm probably going to go the same route with suspension when it arrives) what ball park figure are we talking about for the KW's and arb's

You are looking around the £1500 mark..... Well worth it though!

Which ARBs are we talking about here? Are they a universal fitment for the old/facelift Sportback? And how much are they?

Don't change your 18"s for another set of 18"s, 19"s yeh, but if you want 18"s might as well keep the standard rims!

:hi:

The reason i want to change to 18" oz ultraleggeras is because they are an ultra light weight alloy. Light wheels means much less unsprung weight, better turn in, better acceleration and breaking. Apparently, if you loose even 5kg off a wheel its like loosing 20kg of the car! So 20 x 4 = 80kg! That's going to have a massive effect on the feel of the car!

car looks spot on, afaik there is a replacement out for the ultraleggera in Europe which is even lighter.

Did you fit spacers or not?

Thanks

car looks spot on, afaik there is a replacement out for the ultraleggera in Europe which is even lighter.

Did you fit spacers or not?

Thanks

Spacers were a no no on this sportback. Put them on, removed the screw from the arches that would rub and thought all would be ok. Got 4 people in the car, my colleges from work, started driving and EVER bump we went over there was the lovely scraping noise of the wheel touching the arches.

I am never going near spacers ever again!

What are these even lighter wheels you are talking about?! Tell us more!

Just wondering, how it would work lowering S3 with magnetic ride?

I imagine that you would just get lowering springs. Magnetic ride works by passing a current through electro magnets causing a fluid in the shock absorbers to stiffen. So you cant get coilovers, just lowering springs.

"As for everyone's comments about getting white wheels, it might look good but the car has a black roof and so the black wheels and wing mirrors all sort of go together.... Please see pictures below!:"

Ahhhh.......now it makes even more sense! I did like the black wheels...but had already saw the white wheels I posted a photo of earlier on this thread and thought they would look stunning on your car.....but the black roof makes all the difference.....I'd keep black wheels in that case, it looks fantastic! Well done mate!

You didnt answer my suspension query though.....how do the coilovers feel compared to the standard suspension? I need my car to be practical for all the gear I carry in the boot and still need a level of comfort....will the KWs be advisable?

holy poop toby, car's come a long way in a small amout of time! all the better for it too ;)

You didnt answer my suspension query though.....how do the coilovers feel compared to the standard suspension? I need my car to be practical for all the gear I carry in the boot and still need a level of comfort....will the KWs be advisable?

The coilovers on their own without the ARB's make the ride a lot smoother. Ever bump is dealt with quickly and in control. I would highly recommend getting ARB's fitted also as this will really improve the handling and feel of the car.

All in all the coilovers greatly improve the handling of he car without sacrificing the comfort of the ride.

The coilovers on their own without the ARB's make the ride a lot smoother. Ever bump is dealt with quickly and in control. I would highly recommend getting ARB's fitted also as this will really improve the handling and feel of the car.

All in all the coilovers greatly improve the handling of he car without sacrificing the comfort of the ride.

Thanks mate.....I'll look into getting the coilovers too then.....and maybe the ARBs....