Bluetooth/Bong favour please

VRStu

Just Looking
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.octavia-vrs.com
Could somone with an OEM Bluetooth kit, retrofit or otherwise, who doesn't have a 'loud bong' please send me your controller adaptation map in .csv format.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.html#map

I'm really keen to get to the bottom of this, my last thing to try is to check the values before I trot off to the dealership.

Thanks

This is news, are you saying you have a very silent bong, did you configure anything & what version module have you got fella? (god imagine someone who doesnt know what we're talking about thinks of this thread, lol)

Phil has the bong I would expect to have and the one i'm used to with VW and Skoda kits. He does have a newer interface than I have.

I helped install Phil's BT and RNS-E but I don't remember making any coding changes. I'll take a look at the RNS-E and BT setup if there is nothing conclusive there I will re-install my original HU and see how that goes.

No worries stu, whats his version number anyway for his BT as I was gonna update mine to see if it also fixes the ****** noise you get when the call is connecting on my Tocco

The volume of the 'bong' differs between different brands of mobile phone.

The volume of the 'bong' differs between different brands of mobile phone.

That seems to be the widely accepted opinion however I didn't intially go for the idea myself. I fit quite a few of these type of kits in various VAG cars and have never come across this before.

With that in mind I have connected my phone to philipstormy's car and lo and behold, quiet bong. I have connected two other phones to my car, loud bong so it might lead you to believe that it's not the case.

If I can see what the settings are on an unaffected car then I can rule that out. Then I'll put my original head unit back in and see what that does and finally if it's still doing it then Audi can have a shot at it.

I have the known problematic K version of controller in mine so there is always some doubt about that in mind.

Mine has a quiet bong, changing the HU from a Concert to the RNS-E didn't affect the volume, phone is a Nokia 6233.

Would you be able to send me the files from yours Sem?

I compared mine with Phil's on Saturday but as yet no progress.

Tried a different phone in mine, quite bong in Phil's car with his and my phone, loud bong in my car with his and my phone.

I would mate but I only have the older version of vagcom which doesnt work with my A3, I had to get someone else to code the RNS-E for me. If anyone Midlands based is suffering from the loud bong problem (and has vagcom) i'd be happy to meet up to have the settings read.

For those that are interested I have made a little progress on this -

Philipstory came over on Saturday and we took maps of the RNS-E and the Bluetooth for comparison. There were a couple of oddities but nothing really significant although where possible we did align the two setups.

I had previously connected my handset to his car and not had the loud bong so we had an idea it wasn't handset related however to further prove the theory we connected his handset to my car - loud bong.

So essentially this meant an issue with my setup somewhere.

Today I have swapped out my RNS-E back to the original Concert II and set the wiring back to how it was. Connected my phone - Loud bong. This must surely mean that the issue centres around the Bluetooth interface in the car which sadly is under the seat so I'm not too keen on swapping that out at the moment.

My next move I think is to book the car in for them to look at it. I know mine is one of the K revision modules which I've read can be problematic. Does anyone else with the loud bong know what version of controller they have, to see if we can narrow this further.

One other thing I did notice with the Concert II in place is that when the phone connects the headunit breifly displays the volume bar which is almost 3 quarters of maximum.

I have J version & mine has loud bong, playing with volume controls does lower but next time it connects its back up, I'm leaning to the modules tbh Stu, I will try to find the latest on the bay to test aswell

I've just checked ETKA and the replacement for the K is now up to Q.

N was the one tested at the weekend with a quiet bong.

I also saved 00 as an adaption on both the RNS-E and the BT module to reset to factory but still no dice.

It's bugging me more than you can possibly imagine now.

Aha you see I was half right, I said QX was latest, lol, that'll do for me, Q it is

Yeah bugging me aswell as much as this poxy website, getting fedup goes down more times than a hollywood hooker on hugh grant

You can do me a favour then stu, whilst disabling BT, can you disable BT completely so not seen by the car at all, then check the mute pin on rns & see if grounding(might be a live wire, cant recall) it out does indeed mute the rns as BT disables the mute pin over CAN, but havnt had chance to remove BT completely to test this & as your playing with the units etc would be ideal please with cherries on top???? :beerchug:

Yeah QX would be an exchange unit.

I wouldn't be able to disable the BT unless I too the module out which is a bit farther than I want to go at the moment as I think you need to take the seat out etc.

For what it's worth, mine's a "Q" revision and I can turn the bong right down to nothing and it stays there. I got it new from VAGparts. It says it's a "K" revision on the original casing sticker but it's got another sticker saying it's a "Q" revision. VAGparts said they were upgraded and VAGCOM confirms it's a "Q". I remember reading somewhere that the K's were being replaced as they had problems and were draining battery's.

Well in short - I'm fixed!!

Problem is I don't know how yet.

The car went into Audi this morning and was fixed under wty. The report reads 'Adapted Connection Volume Down', so it must be possible some how. I have a before set of channel values and I will do a scan later today and compare them.

About ****** time aswell Stu, you're slipping me old fruit, lol, be interesting to see where it be here.

Well I've had a quick comparison and there is only one change, Adaptation CH128 has been changed from 0 to 130. This is identified as Output Volume by VCDS.

I'm not 100% convinced as the other unit I checked which had a quiet bong also had 0 saved for 128. NHN has just checked his which also read 0 but he changed it to 130 and he still has a loud bong.

Well as I am sure most of you are aware this has been bugging me for quite sometime so I decided to email Sebastian at Ross-Tech. I had a reply within 20 mins with the solution so we've now tested that on Nigel's car and he was entirely correct.

So thanks to everyone for their support. :applaus:

Another benefit to being a registered VCDS owner :sign_plug:

and the solution was???? (To change ch128 to 130?)

Its not that loud, but if I can make it quieter I'd like to try it.

So Stu, what is the solution. I have the loud bong and it is very annoying.

Well as I am sure most of you are aware this has been bugging me for quite sometime so I decided to email Sebastian at Ross-Tech. I had a reply within 20 mins with the solution so we've now tested that on Nigel's car and he was entirely correct.

So thanks to everyone for their support. :applaus:

Another benefit to being a registered VCDS owner :sign_plug:

Yeah nice one Sebastian very much appreciated mate, damn no loud bong anymore, blissssssss, I also spoke to my audi tech guy late afternoon about 5pm & he also confirmed this to be the case but of course this was after Stu got answer from Seb@RT, took us time huh Stu, my issue was mainly down to a coding difference in my BT module which I'll take up with RT for some advice, but this didnt actually do the trick, but allowed me to use the solution, so very happy & at same time discovered the ****** quadlock had the Bose wired wrong all this damn time when playing with coding & discovered the code thrown after an oversight by me in coding rns, so yet another ****** kufa-fecking-tec **** up, never using them again I tell yer.

Now I've gotta check every single pin swap the adapter has to make sure its ok given its the 3rd issue from them, so feck it make my own for everything as I do now after there last **** up.

Anyway thanks to RT for the help & Stu for the suggestions, I'd like to thank myself & my family, cats & dogs, for accepting this award, always wanted to say that, lol

& yes damn right Stu, Another benefit to being a genuine lead & registered VCDS owner :sign_plug: (better go & register mine huh, lol, whoops, but its 100% genuine before anyone pipes in)

Anyway, anyone got the J version BT module & what coding is yours please

I expected more tears from you.....

Got an "H" fitted non SDS hacked, any good?

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.LBL
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 H HW: 8P0 862 335 H
Component: FSE_255x BT H26 0290
Coding: 0011222

I am missing something here? The thread is about finding a solution to the loud bluetooth bong problem, and it appears that a solution has been found, but no-one has posted what that solution is. Is it a secret, or subject to copyright etc?

I expected more tears from you.....

Got an "H" fitted non SDS hacked, any good?

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.LBL
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 H HW: 8P0 862 335 H
Component: FSE_255x BT H26 0290
Coding: 0011222

Sorry I was trying to keep the camera still long enough to get a picture

tears.bmp

Urm this is strange you have an H which is older & yours codes to UK, where as mine only accepts 77 at end for US, it must be a clash with setting on car, this is gonna do my head in now I can see it, it works ok, but I just wanna know whats causing issue, plus its ****** raining again so cant do anything, sod it get wet time.

I am missing something here? The thread is about finding a solution to the loud bluetooth bong problem, and it appears that a solution has been found, but no-one has posted what that solution is. Is it a secret, or subject to copyright etc?

It's not a secret Geoff at all. I was awaiting a reply from RT to tell me if they minded me sharing the info but as yet I've not had one.

The solution is as follows -

With the ignition on press the PTT button on the steering wheel and give the 'help' command. Whilst the nice lady is advising you, lower the volume. Turn off the ignition and then back on again and you should be fixed.

So simple it's annoying in itself!!

It is slightly different for SDS equiped cars.

Ok Geoff now its spilled, whats your BT module version & coding please?

That's his problem John :think:

Stuck on a different language.

Did you have any success last night?

Stuck on US eh? I think that's a US only module then. Seem to remember talk of that on navplus. sorry audiforums.us. Ask PetrolDave over there...

It's not a secret Geoff at all. I was awaiting a reply from RT to tell me if they minded me sharing the info but as yet I've not had one.

The solution is as follows -

With the ignition on press the PTT button on the steering wheel and give the 'help' command. Whilst the nice lady is advising you, lower the volume. Turn off the ignition and then back on again and you should be fixed.

So simple it's annoying in itself!!

It is slightly different for SDS equiped cars.

Thanks Stu. I'll give it a try tonight.

Ok Geoff now its spilled, whats your BT module version & coding please?

I'll check that tonight as well. I have had a replacement BT module as mine went faulty, but it wasn't brand new as the dealer took one out of a demonstrator for me as they were on back order.

I've just tried Stu's "BT Bong volume adjustment" tip, and it seems to work great. I was hoping it would let you reduce the volume to zero as I don't really want a bong at all when it connects/disconnects, but it let me reduce it to a far more acceptable volume. I'll see if it reverts over the next few days, as I have reduced it before, only for it to go back up again when the phone call volume was adjusted.

For NHN here is my BT part number and coding:

Address 77: Telephone Labels: 8P0-862-335.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 K HW: 8P0 862 335 K
Component: FSE_255x BT H26 0340
Revision: 00000000 Serial number: 00000005213601
Coding: 0001222
Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000