New Audi A3 'Black Edition'

mister.c.

Reaction score
From the recently released A3 December brochure available via audi.co.uk

In addition to S line model equipment:
Wheels, tyres and suspension: 18 x 7.5J ‘7 twin-spoke titanium finish’ alloy wheels with 225/40 R18 tyres

Audio and communication: BOSE® surround sound system. 8 high-performance loudspeakers, 6-channel amplifier, total output of 195 Watts with specially tuned acoustics

Interior equipment: Flat-bottomed S line multi-function steering wheel (with gear change controls on S tronic models)

Piano finish black inlays

Exterior equipment:
Black Styling package – radiator grille-frame in highly polished black, with radiator grille and numberplate holder in matt black

Privacy glass, dark tinted from B pillar backwards

Xenon plus headlights with automatic headlamp adjustment, dynamic range and headlamp washers with LED daytime-running lights

Cost £905.

See pages 16&17 of the new brochure.

That's a really good price for all those extras!

Agreed, although it will probably work on an Ibis white too!

The 'Black Edition' wouldn't interest me if I was buying again now as the black grille, privacy glass and darker wheels aren't my cup of tea.

But you get the xenons and the FBMFSW which are two very nice (and expensive) options.

i thnk it sounds good and i think it would work on a vareity of colours (red, black, white, yellow, orange)

has anyone got a pic yet ?

When manufacturers start chucking out 'special edition' models, it tells me they're trying to get rid of current bodyshells.
Audi did it with the last A4, BMW recently did it with the 3-series.
I take it a completely new A3 is imminent?

New A3 is rumoured to be 2010 ,so yeah, your spot on Bowfer, special editions, facelifts are all designed to keep consumer interest.

New A3 is rumoured to be 2010 ,so yeah, your spot on Bowfer, special editions, facelifts are all designed to keep consumer interest.

According to a list of new and updated models I have from an Audi presentation, the new A3 is indeed due for release in October 2010 so will probably be available in the UK in early 2011.

I'm sure we can expect to see several more 'specials' between now and then.

i thnk it sounds good and i think it would work on a vareity of colours (red, black, white, yellow, orange)

has anyone got a pic yet ?

This particular edition is only available on white and black cars.

I bought a Special Edition A3 in 2006. That was nothing to do with the facelift this year!

2 years away isnt what I call imminent tbh, I just think as its down by upto 40-50% then they are including loads of options in special packs to drum up interest, its got nothing to do with a new a3 atall IMHO, economy etc is making them rethink thats all, I mean the fbmfsw is nearly as much as the pack price anyway but you also get all those other options, the headlights alone are over 1k to buy, so to move cars they're adding tech which we all know is of value & seriously discounted, **** wish they'd sell that as a pack to actually buy on its own, would have saved me/us hundreds if not thousands, lol, bar stewards

According to a list of new and updated models I have from an Audi presentation, the new A3 is indeed due for release in October 2010 so will probably be available in the UK in early 2011.

I'm sure we can expect to see several more 'specials' between now and then.

My little uns due for change in March 2011 so for a change the timing looks good ! The last one i had missed the facelift and the one before that missed the full front grill by a few months