JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Making the most of my A3 :)

Status

Smile Audi Bluetooth Phone Kit Help?

Hi I am in the process of fitting the Genuine Audi Bluetooth Kit to my
    RNS-E, have not seen anything about it on the forum

We took the light unit down last night and it looked like there were 3 different microphones up there!!!!

Although 1 is prob the alarm sensors and another is the microphone for the gamma there is a little round one that sits next to one of the lights and the other 2 sit on top of each other on the end of the light unit, just need to know... does another have to be added to allow use of the genuine b/tooth kit and does anyone have a part number you could give me?

I have just seen that there are different part numbers for the b/tooth dongles?? Do I need to have a specific one for my A3 8P any help on this would be great too.

One more thing....

When fitting the b/tooth module under the carpet (below the drivers seat I think) we have seen in pictures a black box/case that the module sits in. Is this fitted standard as I have not had a chance to have a look. Have a feeling I may have to get this too......

Thanks in advance for any help on this

K

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you havnt got btooth already you wont have a microphone unless you have phone prep as in cradle in dash or armrest, you need to buy a new mic for this, with bluetooth & I assume you'll use sds, the mic is wired to the rns 1st then back down to the module, the module goes under the passenger seat not drivers & it actually goes in a box which isnt standard, but I just cut out the foam to the shape of the module & then glued it with epoxy in place so nice & tight so no knocking about & no need to buy the box, worked 100%, as for which module, well all the modules I see on fleabay etc will work with your car, the things that look like microphones in headlight are the ultrasonics, ther micrphone slides into a small rectangular gap in the light fixing, voilaaaaaaa

Oh of course remove the seat to do the work & connect up before replacing anything so you can test & check with vagcom all working, then put back together.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    That is very helpful. thank you

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    & if you need vagcom check the vag-com group buy thread as trying to become a vagcom reseller so if you want then post.

Status
    Just read thread again, and when you say you assume I will use sds, being new to all this what does sds mean?

I have already retro fitted the RNS-E and also in process of fitting a MFSW to go with it and the bluetooth. I have bought this loom for the b/tooth
    http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p379_Kabelsatz-Handyvorbeitung-Bluetooth-Audi-A3-8P---8P-Sport.html
    Do you know if the wires for the mic are in the red plug that's on the rns-e and loom??? Would it be best to wait until I have the loom to check... I think I have been looking at all this too long now and brain is going lol!!!!!!

Will check out the vagcom thread, thanks

Just Looking

Status
    If you have a quadlock connector in your car then I don't think that is the right plug. You need the small green one -

Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by k6tyw View Post
    Just read thread again, and when you say you assume I will use sds, being new to all this what does sds mean?

I have already retro fitted the RNS-E and also in process of fitting a MFSW to go with it and the bluetooth. I have bought this loom for the b/tooth
    http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p379_Kabelsatz-Handyvorbeitung-Bluetooth-Audi-A3-8P---8P-Sport.html
    Do you know if the wires for the mic are in the red plug that's on the rns-e and loom??? Would it be best to wait until I have the loom to check... I think I have been looking at all this too long now and brain is going lol!!!!!!

Will check out the vagcom thread, thanks
    Speech Dialogue System (think of Kight Rider Kitt) no it wont drive for you but you can cntrol functions of the rns-e with voice via the PTT button on the mfsw.

The rns has a label on the top that tells you exactly where the mic wires go in/out so that will resolve your query.

Oh & the picture of that loom is old, it comes with the multi plug for the bluetooth module end & then just wires the other end to connect into the loom with scotch locks or pins, its all fairly easy & obvious fella.
    Last edited by NHN; 4th November 2008 at 19:28.

5th Gear

Status
    SDS will only work if you 'hack' the RNS firmware which can in some caser render the rns un useable!... but people on here have done it successfully.
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats few & far between tbh, I've to date not heard of any rns thats been screwed by the sds hack fella, if you need the working files just pm me with email address then I'll email them to you, its worked fine on everyone's thats used them