Forge Quick Shift

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for a missing pin to be delivered,so thought i'd read up on the fitting info...

Has anyone fitted one of these yet? With the supplied instructions,there's mention of removing the gear lever gater,and putting a nail in a hole to align the gear lever and stop it moving whilst re-connecting the shift cables. I've seen a blog on a VW forum,and the guy on there did a good write up,but didn't mention any need for this,so i spoke to John at Forge,who also said it's not always necessary.

Any thoughts?

Cool,thanks guys....just another quickie,have you set them up using the shortest shift option possible? I think that's what i'll go for,if you haven't had any probs with that?

It looks pretty straight forward,and now the part's arrived i can get on with it. I reckon removing the Forge CAI will be the most time consuming bit!

I have a forge quick shift fitted to mine, took me about 15mins to fit, best removing the air intake pipe to get better clearance, dead easy to fit.

I have both the forward/backwards and side to side kit..

I have the forward/backwards set to 12mm off shortest throw and the side to side set at the maximum (longest throw)

I find this to be a really nice set up, dont worry about anything to do with the fitting instructions, just set them up nice and tight before you fit them, get them on there and your done..

Before you go anywhere in the car just run through the gears and make sure you can select and have drive in all 7

Jonny

I have both the forward/backwards and side to side kit..

I have the forward/backwards set to 12mm off shortest throw and the side to side set at the maximum (longest throw)

I find this to be a really nice set up, dont worry about anything to do with the fitting instructions, just set them up nice and tight before you fit them, get them on there and your done..

Before you go anywhere in the car just run through the gears and make sure you can select and have drive in all 7

Jonny

Thanks mate,i take it you've set the side shift like that to give more of a feel to where you are in the box?

Yeah, it feels really good now, played around with it a fair bit and I wouldn't recommend going short on the side to side adjustment..

The Forge piece is shorter side to side than the standard when its on 100% anyways..

Positive but feels like it could be OEM which is what I like..

i fitted the diesel geek in my 8L have to recommend it.Kit comes with front/back side/side and i have to say it improves the feel so much!dont know what the forge stuff is like though!

I wouldn't say it's stiffer,but it sures goes in nice and easy!

Seriously though guys,i've slipped it in now :tapedshut:,and it took me 30 mins to do,including removal/re-installing of the Forge CAI. It's an absolute doddle,just lube it up well...and it'll give your box a lovely feel to it....waits for comments...

I've used JonnyC's suggested settings for now,just to see how i get on - side movement as stock,front and back about 12mm from minimum,and it feels great!

Recommended!!