Osram Night Breaker fitted.

Mikey

Reaction score
My H7 Osram Night Breakers turned up today from powerbulbs.co.uk. Ordered on wednesday, good service that. Anyway, it finally stopped raining for all of 5 mins so I rushed out and fitted 1 bulb. Ive took pics as you will see below. Drivers side has the new bulb in while the other side still has the standard Philips bulb in place. I havent changed the passenger side bulb yet as it started to lash down, again! First impressions are wow! Even in the daylight at 6pm looking from the outside, the new bulb looks much brighter and whiter than the standard bulbs. Well impressed. Ive got a pair of PIAA chrome white side lights on order to match and they should arrive soon. Powerbulbs sent me FOC a pair of Philips white side lights, but the bulb when not on is blue and i dont like that. So they wont be used hence why I ordered the PIAA ones.

Osram Night Breaker on left. Standard H7 bulb on right.
angel_eyes359.jpg

angel_eyes356.jpg

Reactions: crimson
I'd be interested to see what these are like at night. I found that the Philips Extreme power, although whiter, were actually worse than Halfords Super Brilliance in 'the real world.' (I'm more interested in that than how white/blue they look)

hopefully the rain will stop so i can fit the othr side, then once dark i will go for a test run. will report back.

just had a test drive in the dark. even from the instant i turn the dipped headlights on notcied a very good difference. these are highly recomended. might buy myself some mains now. 2 thumbs up from me.

They look great mate.

What are the watts on the nightbreakers, 55w or higher?

Also, can't see all that great from the picture but are they pure white or do they have a hint of yellow in them?

Cheers

I fitted Nightbreakers to my car last year to replace the Philips super bright bulbs which name I forget. The difference in real terms was incredible. On dark country roads I could see much much further. Well worth the money.

What colour is your car? Looks great with the optics grille btw...

Just ordered 2 sets to change my Mains and Dipped......

Got them from powerbulbs ebay shop at £13.99 a pair.... Bargain

So I take it the Mains and Dipped take the same kind of bulbs then (excuse the ignorance, only got the car a few weeks ago so not yet checked the headlight bulbs).

So I take it the Mains and Dipped take the same kind of bulbs then (excuse the ignorance, only got the car a few weeks ago so not yet checked the headlight bulbs).

correct both H7 fitment.

Anybody kind enough to provide a bit of information on what is needed to fit these? At the moment I have it in my head that you need to do a bunch of techincal stuff, which I don't mind but need guidance.

Mike - won't yours look odd with the fog lights?

Anybody kind enough to provide a bit of information on what is needed to fit these? At the moment I have it in my head that you need to do a bunch of techincal stuff, which I don't mind but need guidance.

You just swap them.... Simple as. :rock:

Thanks, did a bit more research. Won't get them off their eBay shop thanks to this in their listing:

Important information about this listing. Please only purchase if you accept these terms.
  • This item may be a customer return or overstock product. If this is the case we qualify that the item is functional but there may be superficial markings to the packaging.
  • No returns are accepted so please ensure you purchase the correct fitting - you can check this in your vehicle handbook. We cannot exchange any incorrect fitting products.

I only paid a few more pennies and got them guaranteed brand new and untouched, should be here soon.

They are all H7 fittings so I got two, four bulbs in total. Would it be so embarassing to have them as normal lights only? I've just been reading up about peoples concerns on the life of the bulbs, some less than a month!

As it is a bit more than just looking at the fittings (especially being a newbie to doing it) here is a guide I found;

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2043561

I ordered mine from the ebay store and they were brand new still with the seals intact.. took it out last night and very happy...

My hand wouldn't fit in such a tight space so I couldn't do it!!

Went down to a local garage and one of the lads took about 30 seconds on each, he had tiny hands so it was easy for him. I'll see how they look at night, I can already tell there is a difference.

Thanks, did a bit more research. Won't get them off their eBay shop thanks to this in their listing:

I only paid a few more pennies and got them guaranteed brand new and untouched, should be here soon.

They are all H7 fittings so I got two, four bulbs in total. Would it be so embarassing to have them as normal lights only? I've just been reading up about peoples concerns on the life of the bulbs, some less than a month!

As it is a bit more than just looking at the fittings (especially being a newbie to doing it) here is a guide I found;

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2043561

hi where did you gets yours from?
Thanks
Ashley

I ordered mine from the ebay store and they were brand new still with the seals intact.. took it out last night and very happy...

hi sorry to bother you would you be able to send me the link or ebayer name please Thanks
Ashley

hi where did you gets yours from?
Thanks
Ashley

Link

hi sorry to bother you would you be able to send me the link or ebayer name please Thanks
Ashley

Link 2

Only reason I didn't go with them was due to the terms I quoted. I only paid a pound more.

At the moment I have them as my main lights only, you guys reckon it would be ok as that or look tacky if I don't change the others as well?

Link

Link 2

Only reason I didn't go with them was due to the terms I quoted. I only paid a pound more.

At the moment I have them as my main lights only, you guys reckon it would be ok as that or look tacky if I don't change the others as well?

thanks for that.
I'd change the others aswell...But probably look good with just the mains

I changed both.... the only issue is that the side lights now show up as soooo yellow is poop!!!

You have confused me!

I've changed the dipped lights (the ones you turn on at night) and the side lights (the ones you turn just once) are still standard. I will change the side lights as they are yellow so soon they will match the dipped lights (same bulb), am I doing something wrong because you are saying yellow side lights yet you changed both?

I just tried them out and they work much better than stock - well worth it thanks Mikey.

I changed the main beam and dipped beam but not the small sidelight bulbs.... cos there poop and now I have to

What bulbs are people using for the side lights so they're no longer so yellow...?

PIAA side lights from PRI racing. the bulbs are coated chrome and give off a white light.

Nick, if you want a set of the chrome mirror bulbs, then you can hop on the group buy band wagon. I know that h5djr wants a set of DRLs, so the pair of you can get the bulbs and then split them. I've only been able to negotiate a discount on a combined set of DRLs and Sides in the chrome mirror range from PIAA. Total price for both posted is £31.81 with the sides coming in at £10.50 + VAT and the DRLs at £13.50 + VAT. Postage is £3 + VAT.

Anyone else wanting a set of sides can add to the above order and still benefit from the 10% discount i.e. £10.50 + VAT. You'll have to sort out getting the bulbs to each other amongst you though :).

If you want to go down this route, then please post on the group buy thread here and PM h5djr so you can sort something out between you.

Just fitted the night breakers and i'm very impressed, big improvement over standard bulbs. Just need to sort sidelights out because as mentioned they now look very yellow.

Got them from powerbulbs on ebay. And the packaging was brand new and still sealed so no problems there.:thumbsup: