Align Throttle Body (Manifold Flap) on Audi A3 2.0 TDI.How ?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hello again.

I've got Vagcom with Version 607.3 and was wondering how do i align the intake manifold flap (throttle Body) on it as i just changed it with a new one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers

When i go on Vagcom and select invidual controllers then engine then output check, when i go the the intake manfold flap, the engine cuts out.

i rang the people i bought it from and they said it needs recoding or re-aligning...

Also, the car stalls when reversing out the driveway when the cars freezing cold...there are no vagcom faults though.

I was reading on one of your threads that your IMF packed up and Audi changed it...did Audi recode it after they fitted it ?

Cheers

When i go on Vagcom and select invidual controllers then engine then output check, when i go the the intake manfold flap, the engine cuts out.

i rang the people i bought it from and they said it needs recoding or re-aligning...

Also, the car stalls when reversing out the driveway when the cars freezing cold...there are no vagcom faults though.

I was reading on one of your threads that your IMF packed up and Audi changed it...did Audi recode it after they fitted it ?

Cheers

I don't think he did anything other than reset the thrown codes and I can't find a proceedure documented on the Ross-Tech Wiki site.

Paul

Thanks for that mate.

i been looking everywhere too and can't find anything either.

I tried to align it the way petrol cars align theres but i cant switch back to basic settings...so it must be a different way...

Im pretty sure there is something wrong with mine...

When testing the output for motor intake flap, it still cuts out...

It idles really rough at times too and its never done that until the previous intake flap went wrong...

I bought a genuine one from Euro CP and i think its bust but no faults show up and they said they want a Vagcom report to show its faulty...

Shall i just give it back and see if they can find a fault with it ?

I'm note sure if it shouldn't stall if you run the output test with the engine running, it may well do a full sweep and so close the flap = no-air = stalled engine.

Have you reset the ecu adaption since replacing the IMF ? Adaption channel 0 and save - you will then need to give it a varied drive to re-learn some basic adaption.

Paul

I'm note sure if it shouldn't stall if you run the output test with the engine running, it may well do a full sweep and so close the flap = no-air = stalled engine.

Have you reset the ecu adaption since replacing the IMF ? Adaption channel 0 and save - you will then need to give it a varied drive to re-learn some basic adaption.

Paul

So your saying that could be a function of VAGCOM... hmmm..I'll try it on the TT and see if does it on that later.

And No, I've not done the ECU adaption...

I'll give it a shot once i get home...

Cheers Paul!! You've been a real help and will let you know in a few hours.

Thanks again :)

I wouldn't bother trying on the TT unless it is a 2.0TDi as we are talking about two different items IMF and a TB.

Regards,

Paul

I wouldn't bother trying on the TT unless it is a 2.0TDi as we are talking about two different items IMF and a TB.

Regards,

Paul

I realised that just as i got into it...its a 2.0T FSI. lol

Buttt..I adapted it to the ECU and took it for a few miles drive and all seems fine atm.

The car didn't reset when i was changing the IMF as it only took around 15mins so i think that may be the prob..it may be thinking the old IMF is still on.

It still cuts out when checking the IMF via the output test in VAGCOM but when you do the output test when the ignition is on, you get a volt reading so It should be ok!

I think what you said about it closing the flap meaning theres no air going through may be causing this and i hope its normal.

But now, the cars idling at 819/840rpm and it feels a bit more responsive..

I'm just going to let her cool down now and take for a whizz in the morning and see if she still stalls in reverse but i think this has done the trick...

Paul, Thank you sooo much! You helped me out massively mate! I'll let you know how it goes it the morning :D

Thanks again mate :D

i been kinda ill today so only drove 0.2 miles to my grans house and when i parked up, it was idling a little bit rough (not as rough as it use to).

But, i read somewhere that i have to drive the car a good few miles to get the ECU in line with the new IMF.

I'm going Liverpool on Sat so I'm going to adapt it to the ECU again and then drive it there and back and hopefully that should do the biz !

fingers crossed :)

Will see how it goes..

Cheers