Delay on new A3

stealth

Reaction score
I ordered and New A3 2.0FSI coming up to around 2 months ago now. I was told when I ordered the car that it would come around the end of may. I've been ringing up Audi every 2 weeks or so to find out my build date but to no avail. I've just rung my local dealership now only to hear the car is not being built until JULY 5th! And is not expected for delivery until end of July.
I'm extremely annoyed and upset that I won't have my car for most of the summer (and summer car shows), and more importantly I've been carless for nearly 2 months and it looks like its going to be the same for the next 2 (i'm a student close to my uni so im mostly walking everywhere, but havnt been able to go home).
What should i do??

[ QUOTE ]
Stealth said:
I ordered and New A3 2.0FSI coming up to around 2 months ago now. I was told when I ordered the car that it would come around the end of may. I've been ringing up Audi every 2 weeks or so to find out my build date but to no avail. I've just rung my local dealership now only to hear the car is not being built until JULY 5th! And is not expected for delivery until end of July.
I'm extremely annoyed and upset that I won't have my car for most of the summer (and summer car shows), and more importantly I've been carless for nearly 2 months and it looks like its going to be the same for the next 2 (i'm a student close to my uni so im mostly walking everywhere, but havnt been able to go home).
What should i do??

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick up a real fuss about it! Thats a bit of a delay.

Rich

I've just been called by my dealer and apparently all of the new A3's that are on order from them have been delayed. I'm extremely frustrated, if I dont get a 2005 spec car all hell will break loose.

Thx for the offer Wish, but I've gone all out on this car. Sat Nav, Leather Seats the lot..And i'm a petrolhead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Audi have been quite helpful, trying to get hold of a car for me....hopefully an RS4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stealth said:
What should i do??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're a ****** student who can afford a BRAND NEW CAR you can afford to pay for public transport and the occassional taxi (or the person who is buying it for you can!)!!!

Sorry, no sympathy for ANYONE who gets rid of their car while waiting for a new one to be made! Lets just hope the ferry bringing it here doesn't go belly up in the channel or you'll be unable to use it as a pulling tool next freshers week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lol, fair enough. I've been gettin on alright just walking around, however its just the inconvenience of having to walk/taxi/train everywhere or even relying on friends. I'm sure you can understand there is nothing better than having your own car.
I realise i made a mistake selling my car before getting my new one. Fortunately I have learnt from this situation, I was just afraid of depreciation etc on my old car. Unfortunately I had no peers to advise me otherwise.
I've learn from my mistake, however i've waited 2 months without complaining about not having a car, being told to wait another 2 has frustrated me..as it would yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
Stealth said:
Lol, fair enough. I've been gettin on alright just walking around, however its just the inconvenience of having to walk/taxi/train everywhere or even relying on friends. I'm sure you can understand there is nothing better than having your own car.
I realise i made a mistake selling my car before getting my new one. Fortunately I have learnt from this situation, I was just afraid of depreciation etc on my old car. Unfortunately I had no peers to advise me otherwise.
I've learn from my mistake, however i've waited 2 months without complaining about not having a car, being told to wait another 2 has frustrated me..as it would yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad your not chucking toys from prams over what I said - so to be helpful, put your hand in your pocket and get something dirt cheap with a few months tax and MOT to tide you over til it turns up, at least you'll have transport and freedom (and won't you just love going from it to your new baby when it turns up too!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lol, that brings up another mistake i made. Payed out for a 1k MK2 GTI Golf, drove it for a month on a covernote and now cant get insured unless i payout for a years contract. Good thing im learning from these mistakes. I should have rented a clio or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Most likely they're changing product lines to 2005.. or then not. Dial to your dealer and say you want a 2005-spec-model car because of the delays. Insist.

And hey, great to see another .. petrol head, but don't tell Irish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

Roger that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2005 model year cars will be built from August 2005 onwards.

There is a shortage of ECUs for the new A3 I think that is what is causing the problem.

Apprantly demand across Europ has shot up as people have decided to go for the Audi instead of the Golf and Audi have just brought in another production line to build more A3's.

It is true that they a building some A3s on another production line not normally used for Audis. Demand for the Golf V is picking up rapidly, VW have recently announced that sales a back up with expectations. Also the Touran is being pushed heavily with many incentives (inc 7 seat for the price of 5).

I guess you'll just have to keep kicking the dealer to see if you can get some extras as compensation.

According to an Audi Product Update document (PU-1151) dated 5 May 2004 all cars built from Production Week 22 will be to 2005 Model Year specification. For a PDF file of the whole document see:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=176848&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

The same document also says that 3 new A3 models will be introduced during the 2005 Model Year:

2.0T FSI quattro Sport (200PS) manual
2.0T FSI front Sport (200PS) DSG
2.0TDI quattro (140PS) manual in Standard, SE and Sport.

Dave R

Had a phonecall from the manager of the dealership, he's trying to get hold of the area manager and do everything in his power to move the build date forward. However, i'm not feeling confident that this will happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seems strange to have such a drlay as your car sounds like it was ordered a week after mine...I pick it up Tuesday...mine is TDI but with pretty much the same options as you!

Good luck in getting it sorted!

Alrite there im still waiting for my 2.0 tdi sport i put me order in end of april and they told me tht im supposed to get it mid may end of may but not heard anything off them yet and readin these things im startin to think am i goin to hav to wait longer!!! and will i get a 2005 model?