EM TuningVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Anybody try retrofitting a RS4 FBSW?

As the topic states, has anybody tried this? Will it be a simple but expensive mod? Yeah I know, Its friday

2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3IZZO
    I prefer the S3 FBSW to the RS4 one personally.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3IZZO View Post
    I prefer the S3 FBSW to the RS4 one personally.
    Yeah, I'm just curious to see if anybody has taken the plunge and tried this.
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

6th Gear

Status
    i liked the brushed alum bottom part but not so keen on the suede. As for fitting, sorry, no idea if its physically possible.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    The only thing about the RS4 wheel is that if you already have the MFSW you'll be missing some functions on the RS4 one. From what I remember the RS4 wheel only has 4 buttons for volume up\down and track up\down. No mode button, no SDS button and no scroll wheels.

In theory it should fit as long as it is a 12mm internal wrench bolt jobbie holding it in. The only difficulty you might have is with the airbag loom and MF controls.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    The only thing about the RS4 wheel is that if you already have the MFSW you'll be missing some functions on the RS4 one. From what I remember the RS4 wheel only has 4 buttons for volume up\down and track up\down. No mode button, no SDS button and no scroll wheels.

In theory it should fit as long as it is a 12mm internal wrench bolt jobbie holding it in. The only difficulty you might have is with the airbag loom and MF controls.
    Thanks for that Marc....quick question. My S3 FBSW has a MODE button but is not functional. What functions does the MODE button control?

Neutral

Status
    The only thing I use mode for is when I press it, I can access my phone book on the DIS and scroll down to the name I want to dial. Think mode is only used in the phone prep kit, but I will stand corrected.

6th Gear

Status
    The MODE button only works if you have BT. It is used to switch from Radio\CD to phone on the display so you can view your phone book.

6th Gear

Status
    Think someone on here has done it a while ago.....
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    It's worse than that ... yes the RS4 FBSW has only 4 buttons, but the SCSM detects that it's an RS4 wheel and will not accept the coding to make them work as volume and track up/down buttons (on an RS4 the buttons are the three trip computer buttons and the Sport button). So you get a FBSW with no working buttons - not much use really.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Just get a FBMFSW

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

2008 Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Just get a FBMFSW
    They are standard item in South Africa.