Badger5Chris Nott
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    maxS3uk's Avatar
    mike

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    112

    Sound after GIAC remap???

    I had the GIAC Hammer remap done at GTI International...

    ...And the the sound from the engine bay is different I know I've read somewhere that the sound does change but what exactly has changed? Is it the turbo? Sounds GOOD anyway not sure how to describe it though, sounds like a whistle of wind through a slightly opened window... lol

    ...the map is worth the money, Regal had 40% off at the show so though might as well get it done! Am pleased I did!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Just running a fair bit more boost.. That must have been your Phantom S3 that I saw chris working on.. You pleased with the results?
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  4. #3
    siu00adg's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    I had the GIAC Hammer remap done at GTI International...

    ...And the the sound from the engine bay is different I know I've read somewhere that the sound does change but what exactly has changed? Is it the turbo? Sounds GOOD anyway not sure how to describe it though, sounds like a whistle of wind through a slightly opened window... lol

    ...the map is worth the money, Regal had 40% off at the show so though might as well get it done! Am pleased I did!
    I know! It sounds much louder post-hammer! Just ask Leon and Ali! You'll find yourself winding the windows down everytime you go though a tunnel!

  5. #4
    2008 Phantom Black S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    159
    How much did the remap cost with the 40% discount if you dont mind me asking mate?

  6. #5
    maxS3uk's Avatar
    mike

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Just running a fair bit more boost.. That must have been your Phantom S3 that I saw chris working on.. You pleased with the results?
    Yeah that probably was mine. Yeah I'm very pleased with the results, I can notice a big difference just fromt he drive home. Will take it round some local roads today to see the difference it makes but so far I'm very happy!

    We were talking about your EvoMS intake, I'm going to get one of them next I reckon, saw your car on the Forge stand but no one was about near it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Con S3 View Post
    How much did the remap cost with the 40% discount if you dont mind me asking mate?
    With the Flashloader as well (Just Stock/Hammer switch) it came to 393.


    Thanks for the input!

    Am glad the noise is normal, thought it would be as I read about it on here. Kept doing it all way home as did sound good lol


  7. #6
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    I had the GIAC Hammer remap done at GTI International...

    ...And the the sound from the engine bay is different I know I've read somewhere that the sound does change but what exactly has changed? Is it the turbo? Sounds GOOD anyway not sure how to describe it though, sounds like a whistle of wind through a slightly opened window... lol

    ...the map is worth the money, Regal had 40% off at the show so though might as well get it done! Am pleased I did!
    Wow, 40%! Thats a healthy discount

    Can you tell me how much it cost you all in with the loader etc?

    Might have to wait till the next VAG show to get a map

  8. #7
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    Yeah that probably was mine. Yeah I'm very pleased with the results, I can notice a big difference just fromt he drive home. Will take it round some local roads today to see the difference it makes but so far I'm very happy!

    We were talking about your EvoMS intake, I'm going to get one of them next I reckon, saw your car on the Forge stand but no one was about near it.




    With the Flashloader as well (Just Stock/Hammer switch) it came to 393.


    Thanks for the input!

    Am glad the noise is normal, thought it would be as I read about it on here. Kept doing it all way home as did sound good lol

    Yeah you wont be disappointed with the intake, it works great! wait for the sound after you fit that too, wow!!
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  9. #8
    maxS3uk's Avatar
    mike

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Wow, 40%! Thats a healthy discount

    Can you tell me how much it cost you all in with the loader etc?

    Might have to wait till the next VAG show to get a map

    393 in a FlashLoader, just with Stock and Hammer options on it.

    Was a really good saving so thought be silly not too...

  10. #9
    L60N
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    393 in a FlashLoader, just with Stock and Hammer options on it.

    Was a really good saving so thought be silly not too...
    Id have to agree with you there mate!

    Im going to wait and see what my car does at the rollers on Saturday at pr0sport.

    The results of which will dictate which way I go --> GIAC/BLueFin/None

  11. #10
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    Id have to agree with you there mate!

    Im going to wait and see what my car does at the rollers on Saturday at pr0sport.

    The results of which will dictate which way I go --> GIAC/BLueFin/None
    GIAC/Bluefin/Revo/None

    leon

  12. #11
    L60N
    Guest
    REVO - Sell it to me Phantom, i havnt heard too much about it.

  13. #12
    On Boost

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,756
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    REVO - Sell it to me Phantom, i havnt heard too much about it.
    Cost's the most money , cost's the most money for the SPS , but you can tweak your settings yourself , boost , fuel , timing , ect.

    Jordans the man to ask , but come saturday it may scoop the remap crown?

    p

  14. #13
    S3 LTN
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by siu00adg View Post
    I know! It sounds much louder post-hammer! Just ask Leon and Ali! You'll find yourself winding the windows down everytime you go though a tunnel!
    Amen to that...

    Max it sounds amazing esp in a tunnel... The GIAC does wonders to the sound of the car... I would buy one just for the sound alone!! Incredible.

  15. #14
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by L60N View Post
    REVO - Sell it to me Phantom, i havnt heard too much about it.
    Had REVO on my Golf.
    Very Good, didnt buy the SPS but had the REVO agent fiddle with the settings to get it how I wanted it.
    I had the Fuel and Timing setting tweaked to take advantage of running VPower and had the bosst set just above default to give a real aggressive power delivery.
    Transformed the car.
    After sales was excellent too.

    I would want the SPS next time (so I dont have to run backwards and fowards before every dealer visit) but the whole package is just too pricey. Its not short of 800
    Shame, as this is the only thing stopping me from going REVO again.

    Cheers
    Paul

  16. #15
    Spin140's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Derbyshire, England
    Posts
    2,013
    Fantastic price which regardless of actual peak power output is a fantastic map, worth 600 IMO so at 393 a bargain
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

    "Fast Cars are Safer...."

  17. #16
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by maxS3uk View Post
    393 in a FlashLoader, just with Stock and Hammer options on it.

    Was a really good saving so thought be silly not too...

    Damn right. Result !
    I want one at that price, even cheaper than Bluefin with forum discount!

    Is that a `show only` price, when / where is the next show?

    cheers
    Paul

  18. #17
    maxS3uk's Avatar
    mike

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    112
    The price was a 'show price' (40% discount)... so think the remap was around 318, and they said I could have a Flashloader for 75.

    I'm sure it said they are offering a 15% discount for one month after the show, but it said you needed the '40% Discount Flyer' to take advantage... but you never know if you try lol, not your fault you lost your flyer is it! lol

    Not sure what show they will be at next

  19. #18
    jamiekip
    Guest
    WOW that is a good price and had I known I'd have had mine done too!
    Damn - anyone know if there are any other shows coming that Regal are attending???

  20. #19
    DaveS3Turbo's Avatar
    Sepang Blue S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,062
    Let me know also.
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

    2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

  21. #20
    DaveS3Turbo's Avatar
    Sepang Blue S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,062
    How does the air filter and forge dv affect warranty with audi? Is it a grey area.
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

    2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

  22. #21
    jonnyc's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmann View Post
    How does the air filter and forge dv affect warranty with audi? Is it a grey area.
    These cars go into the dealers so infrequently that if you were worried you could drop the OE intake and DV back onto the car for servicing..

    My car has only been into the dealers once, it had a downpipe and filter on the car and it was noted on the servicing document..
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

    12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

  23. #22
    Fast,not furious's Avatar
    Dealing with an OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rural Hampshire
    Posts
    411
    I've noticed the same whistling sound with my hammer remap,(paid full price a month ago )apparently it's the turbo spooling up much quicker.Nice though!! Forge intake going on tomorrow hopefully,if i can get it on before the Mrs get's home!


    S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

    Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

  24. #23
    jamiekip
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    These cars go into the dealers so infrequently that if you were worried you could drop the OE intake and DV back onto the car for servicing..

    My car has only been into the dealers once, it had a downpipe and filter on the car and it was noted on the servicing document..
    That's interesting to know - I may pop my OEM intake and filter back on for it's service next week then!

  25. #24
    DaveS3Turbo's Avatar
    Sepang Blue S3

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,062
    Rabit, Can i have a picture of your engine bay please with the forge fitted.

    David
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

    2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO