Emisson Control light

B

Boydie

Hey guys

I got my car back from the bodyshop today - was getting the front bumper resprayed!

As I left, what I thought was the engine management light come on :(

after reading my manual, it said it was the emission control system light which made my mind ease slightly

i have disconnected the battery to see if its just a fault but havent checked it the past hour or so

any ideas what it could be?

i plan to get the car plugged into vagcom tomorrow so just looking a heads up!

thanks

My Emission Control Light came on a few weeks ago. I had a look with VAG-COM and it listed a error 001137 Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1. The car was going in for a service in a few days and the dealer replaced the Exhaust Pressure Sensor under warranty and all has been fine since. They also upgraded the software that controls the PDF to the latest version.

Thanks dave!

I doubt I will be going to audi as I cannot afford their charges! Do you know how much a sensor is (if thats the problem) and where exactly it is located?

Or is this definately an Audi job??

mine came on for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I went to drive the car again a few hours later and it was gone and hasn't come on again.

Yeah maybe think if you do a VAG & clear it might go away after that as its not to often we get these lights & alot of errors do just go away by themselves when cleared, let us know fella.

My Emission Control Light came on a few weeks ago. I had a look with VAG-COM and it listed a error 001137 Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1. The car was going in for a service in a few days and the dealer replaced the Exhaust Pressure Sensor under warranty and all has been fine since. They also upgraded the software that controls the PDF to the latest version.

Something went wrong with your car, David?
You kept that quiet...:yes:

450 posts later, ok 430ish lol, lol, crawling under the perimeter fence wire sneaky.

I maybe caught him getting onto a bus, with a "good luck Tommy"

emssions control light on mine was a throttle body/sensor

second one was also a throttle body sensor

ok cheers mate

the ECON is staying on again!!!!! :(

no luck at all at the minute - a mate is bringing up her vagcom this weekend so hopefully see then what it brings up!

Come again? (in a non literal sense)

It's a 'Great Escape' reference.
A couple of them are a ******* hair away from getting away.
They're boarding a bus to Switzerland/Austria, but a suspicious Nazi officer decides to try tricking them by saying "good luck Tommy".
To which one of them replies "Thanks very much", and they're sunk.

Its wotsit Attenborough and the geezer out of The Professionals. Don't think he says "Tommy" though (to be a pedant about it).

Aha now I get yer, sorry missed it over last xmas, lol, lol, great movie though, stevie boy did like his lines huh............................if u get my drift, lol.