Audi reveals 2009 A3 facelift and A3 Sportback

Yeah it is John, just wondering if the A3 one might be cheaper as its the "lesser" audi :lmfao: I'm in love with the S3's SB lights. They should had that on the 8P shape! :detective2:

Where? I've been looking for those since I got the RNS-E!

I've got some of these from Aluringe24 off eBay These are just push fit alloy trims

796d_1.JPG

The other one as per pic below come from, you guessed it eBay

4456_1_b.JPG

Cheers! Are you bidding? Why not go for the S5 mirror adjuster too which is also chrome??

1%202064.jpg

I quite like it!
Front end - like the bonnet and bumper, unsure about the lights.
The wing mirrors are terrible though - they are huge!!!
Colour DIS would be nice!!!
When are these going to start hitting the streets then?

Thumbs up from me too, looks good. I am starting to really like the s3 sportback as well. Black with roof rails will look spot on I think

J.

Reading the Motor Authority report referred to above:
'The 2.0 TDI 103 kW (140 hp) or 125 kW (170 hp), depending on specification. Both two-liter diesel engines have been extensively reengineered – a new common rail injection system now assures ultra-refined running'.

So bye bye to the existing 140bhp and 170bhp diesels.

does anyone else know if week 22 is the new date for the facelift model thanks

Reading the Motor Authority report referred to above:
'The 2.0 TDI 103 kW (140 hp) or 125 kW (170 hp), depending on specification. Both two-liter diesel engines have been extensively reengineered – a new common rail injection system now assures ultra-refined running'.

So bye bye to the existing 140bhp and 170bhp diesels.

Is that a bad thing as I understood it the 140 was a bit of a tractor....

I'm guessing to fit the rear lights it will be more than just take the old ones out and slot the new ones in.

I'm sure on the E46 3 series when people change them to the later LED ones they need to fit some extra control module to make them work? Assuming it will be the same with these

You're the only one then! EVERYONE has asked me if mine have them.

Sorry mate, you lost me - EVERYONE asking if your car has them (you've an S3 right? Why would they be asking if you've got LED DRLs?)

sorry to S3 owners but I think I might be getting a few parts to put on my non S3 sline SB :)

Is that a bad thing as I understood it the 140 was a bit of a tractor....

Don't think it is a bad thing, though not driven the new ones of course to make an informed decision.

It will be lower CO2 and better mpg (based on the figures you see in the A3 cab for the 140 and the diesel TT for the 170) - they are more advanced in meeting the future diesel standard (Euro 5?). And hopefully the 170 will not be susceptible to the dpf entertainment many in the current version have 'enjoyed'.

not a fan of the drl's either, think they give the front a weird face, perhaps should have run under the main lights frather than up and over.

think it looks ok on the whole though, not exactly radical

Sorry mate, you lost me - EVERYONE asking if your car has them (you've an S3 right? Why would they be asking if you've got LED DRLs?)

Because they all think they look good and they recognise them from Audis. But there have been some comments today from others who aren't into the LEDs so I guess you're not the only one after all lol

Because they all think they look good and they recognise them from Audis. But there have been some comments today from others who aren't into the LEDs so I guess you're not the only one after all lol

Ahhhh - right, I understand now :laugh:

At the moment they're unique to Audi, but give it time and other manufacturers will copy (as will the barry boys no doubt :no:).

If and when anyone finds out the spec's of these new facelift A3's I woould be interested as I have read the Auto express article and it looks like the specs have changed and I ordered an SE and that seems to be the main one they have changed. And before anyone says contact my dealer, I have and they have no spec's yet.

was told today there will be no new se model

Is the 3 door S3 getting the facelift this summer as well?

Question for current A3 owners that bought their car new.

How many days after the build week did the car take to arrive at the dealers?

It came from here
Might be in his eBay shop.

Just looking at the interior nets in there, is there any where in the Uk that sells those, and are they easy to fit ? Instructions any where ?

Cheers

Richard

Someone would have done it eventually, so it may as well be me! Anybody got any colour requests?

09A3.jpg

Colour DIS... finally :) Probably another 500 euro option but at least we have the choice now. I never understood why the A3 didn't have this option while all other models did.

I am undecided about the DLRs and the big mirrors, but based on past experiences it usually takes some time to appreciate design changes. Usually when the design of a car changes I find the old model better looking but when, after a year or so, a new design grows on me and you appreciate the details of the the new design it is the other way round and the old design somehow starts looking bland/unfinished/old skool.