Another Idiot in the car park!

giblets46

Reaction score
Another woe of people who should not be behind a wheel, reversing into a parking space the other day, and the woman in the space next to mine decides to reverse out, except she can't wait to turn her wheel, bringing the front end of her car into my rear wheel arch!

Unlucky mate! Similar thing happened to me a while back. I can't see how people like that ever got their drivers licences

Did you confront her?

This is why i never park in a normal space if i can help it - i will search and search a car park for a decent space so no imbecile can dent/hit/scratch my car

it's just do unfair isn't it? why do we have to park somewhere way out or put in all that "extra" effort just because other imbeciles can't care enough to respect other peoples property.....what a world we live in....

the legal minimum car parking space size is 4.8x2m which in my opinion is too small for cars now a days when you consider the size of them and how popular SUV's and stupid people carriers are!

Boydie, i do the same. If i have to park in a multi-storey, i'll go straight to the top level where most people can't be bothered to park and generally, i'll come back and nobody has parked next to me. In supermarkets, i park at the far end and across 2 bays - my girlfiend hates it when i do it, but ive lost count of the number lumps that were taken out of my last car with car doors, trollies etc.

I do the same search and search a car park for a decent space,then come back and there's a large (chelsea tractor) parked at the side of you.
:idea:

I always park across 2 spaces in supermarkets and what not. If its somewhere that you could get hassle for doing it i just park very slightly over the line to deter people from even trying :D

For some reason girlfriends hate it when i do this. Can't find one that hasnt actually been bothered yet. So they had to go.... ;)

Be very wary about occupying 2 spaces in pay car parks. You'll risk a parking ticket.
Spaces are far too small nowadays so profits can be maximised and to increase the likelyhood of fining you for hanging over a bay by as little as an inch.

Might start using the (parent only) car space's in car park and buy a child on board sign for the back window!!!!.Then again might pass on the sign.
:racer:

I always park in the parent & child bit whether I've got the kids with me or not, having tints helps a little because at a glance you can't tell if there's anyone in the back or not.

I use two spaces at the supermarket too, or if the misses is with me i send her in the shop while i wait in the car, usually smokin a j.

Oh, look at my sig/avator, i was taking two spaces then, hehe!

there is a risk though whilst doing that (parking in 2 spaces)...some bloke might not agree with that and choose to give your car a little decoration using the key or something...i guess it's risky either way

yes definately a bad move parking over two spaces, takes one person in a bad mood in a rush to come in find no spaces, see you selfishly taking two spaces, and decide to teach you a lesson.

Dangerous game your playing there.

I always park in end spaces so i can get as close to the kerb as possible (safe side of car no other car can park there) leaving a huge gap on the otherside - not failsafe but hedges your bets a lot i find.

I try and park over two spaces if there's lots of room in the car park, ( supermarkets ) as far away from the entrance as poss, i also use the park at the end method.... that way you can only get DING'D from one side!

I ALWAYS park next to the the passanger door of the next car , that way you have a even money chance that they haven't got a passanger if you park on the drivers side it's a foregone conclusion that someones driving it!:)

Better still try not to use bay parking!:no:

p

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to leave the car at home. That way it would never get damaged.

I parked next to some chump while I was waiting for the euro tunnel shuttle and he was standing on his kick plate checking his luggage was on tight and he let his door smash into my car! I was annoyed so I got out to check the damage, luckily he just took off some mud and amazingly the car was fine. About half an hour later the chump came back from the terminal and smashed his door against mine again! I checked it again and amazingly it was fine again! Luckily he hit the plastic strip. But he was a 50 something man, so it just shows its not just women that are careless.

when going to shoppin centres and using underground parking I always make sure I part next to a pilar.. lika that at least on side of the car will be relatively safe...

Pedro

when going to shoppin centres and using underground parking I always make sure I part next to a pilar.. lika that at least on side of the car will be relatively safe...

Pedro

Agree with you. I try too and then usually end up with a 'pillock' in a 4x4 parked on the other side!:gaehn:

not a problem for me if the car park is empty... its when drivers do it in full car parks and cause of that I cant park it realllllly ***** me off.. damn them!

Having said that, clearly we are all car fanatics being on a car forum... so will be a bit precious about of cars. There are far too many people out there that dont give a toss about anyone elses property and will happily open their car door on to yours.. and when you give them a mouthfull they just look at you gone out like :wtf:

This generally annoys people like me!!! Anyone else?:sorry:

If the car park was full it would pi$$ off a bit ( even then i'd understand why they had done it )

As the qote says " if theres lots of space " i don't see a problem at all!

p

Always park at the right at the edge of the car park, drives everyone Im with mental.

The walk does me good....

I worked for B+Q part-time for a while after I retired. Sometimes I used to go in at Bank Holidays when the store and the car park were very busy. Our manager had some large very stick notices made up. A couple of the lad were given the job of walking round the car park and sticking these to drivers door window of any cars parked over two spaces. The notices asked them to park more considerately in future.

Like I said earlier, risk parking normally and decently, and get scratched, or risk parking like an idiot and getting your car keyed.....no win situation

Cars that are parked over 2 spaces or cars wrongly using parent or disabled spaces deserve to get keyed.

If i cought anybody keying my car ( two spaces or not ) there wouldn't be a lot of them left to set fire to......and i'm no hard man!

p

I don't park using two spaces I think that is not showing respect for other so I don't do it. I know some people don't respect our property as we would like but I do not have to behave like them....

Keying cars no matter what car is the lowest one can go I really condemn that act of pure vandalism!!! no matter if the car is parked in two spaces or not... we will always have idiots!!

Pedro

I don't always park in two bays...and when i do , it's very quiet and fuerst away from the door as possible where nobody else parks!

p

How can you say that somone who parks over two bays deserve to get keyed?

That is an illegal offence and if you are caught the police can get involved and press charges

I would if I found a slippery weasel keying my car

But on the other hand, I only take two spaces if the car park is empty or in the furtherest corner - as for uni, which is always bunged, there are a few special spaces where there is a large space which where i park

fair enough... but you know what I mean sometimes you are looking for a parking space and some **** did just that... occupied 2 spaces!!

I would never keyed his car but I would tell him off if I saw him park like this and I needed the spot!!

Pedro

People parking in 2 spaces doesn't bother me. I have done it occasionally. I generally try not to park in car parks. If have to I park furthest away from the supermarket as most people are lazy and want to be as close to the front as possible and leave loads of room for me at the back.

How can you say that somone who parks over two bays deserve to get keyed?

That is an illegal offence and if you are caught the police can get involved and press charges

It's also an offence to park over 2 parking bays. You may not get arrested for it, but you can get fined for it.

It's also an offence to park over 2 parking bays. You may not get arrested for it, but you can get fined for it.

This seems to have started some hostile posts.

IMHO Park in one space whenever, wherever!
If you (like I am) are precious about your car try to park in the safest place possible without annoying other road users, a bit of curtosity is what we need..

Thank people, use indicators and park properly!! .... but then again I'm a sad old git!!:blackrs4:

PS Heated seat are like Haemoroids... A pain in the ****!!

Just been out today,parked far side of the car park and waited in the car while my wife went into the shops.Two mins later some old fart parked at the side of me 10" away and was going to try and get out until he saw me sitting there looking at him.He started up and just drove off.What would he have done if i was not in the car!!!!!!!!
:keule:

Just been out today,parked far side of the car park and waited in the car while my wife went into the shops.Two mins later some old fart parked at the side of me 10" away and was going to try and get out until he saw me sitting there looking at him.He started up and just drove off.What would he have done if i was not in the car!!!!!!!!
:keule:

You do get them. Old fart nearby LibDem Councillor is just like that! It's usually 4x4's around here:blackrs4: