MFSW issues - Help needed on programming

mattandrew

Reaction score
Vehicle and options
Audi A3 2004
Concert head unit
Audi navigation – the one which comes up in the DIS and controls in the centre console
MFSW – out of a 2008 sline with scroll wheels
Audi bluetooth phone prep
DSG
DIS
Cruise

Problems
The right scroll wheel controls the volume OK
The right button works the bluetooth OK
The MODE button works the phone prep
BUT the left scroll wheel does not skip to the next track when palying a CD
I know there are limited functions available but I believe it should skip the track
I have the following coding:
16 – Steering wheel 0013142
77 – Telephone 0011422
56 – Radio 0000231

Is there any other coding which should be done or I have got wrong, can’t find much info on 56 – Radio so this could need changing
Thanks in advance

mattandrew said:
Vehicle and options
Audi A3 2004
Concert head unit
Audi navigation – the one which comes up in the DIS and controls in the centre console
MFSW – out of a 2008 sline with scroll wheels
Audi bluetooth phone prep
DSG
DIS
Cruise

Problems
The right scroll wheel controls the volume OK
The right button works the bluetooth OK
The MODE button works the phone prep
BUT the left scroll wheel does not skip to the next track when palying a CD
I know there are limited functions available but I believe it should skip the track
I have the following coding:
16 – Steering wheel 0013142
77 – Telephone 0011422
56 – Radio 0000231

Is there any other coding which should be done or I have got wrong, can’t find much info on 56 – Radio so this could need changing
Thanks in advance

Which version of concert Head unit is it? If it is a Concert II I think you need to add 4 to the last digit to add MFSW. ie code it 0000235 in your case.

Matt,

You need to add 2 to channel 7 coding of the radio enable CAN based Multi-function steering wheel support.

More info here if you need it.

Hope that helps.

Actually Matt, having re-read your post I'm confused. You say you have Concert headunit AND Audi Navigation. You can only have one or the other surely? If you have the Audi NAVplus (RNS-E) navigation, marms is correct, if you have a concert II head unit my suggestion is correct.

GeoffT said:
Actually Matt, having re-read your post I'm confused. You say you have Concert headunit AND Audi Navigation. You can only have one or the other surely? If you have the Audi NAVplus (RNS-E) navigation, marms is correct, if you have a concert II head unit my suggestion is correct.

I have the concert II and the Audi Navigation System with single colour display, its the simple version which displays in the DIS.

I gona have a look at marms post now

marms said:
Matt,

You need to add 2 to channel 7 coding of the radio enable CAN based Multi-function steering wheel support.

More info here if you need it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that but channel 7 is not available in the radio, and when reading the link that is for the navigation which is working ok.

Ill get there in the end