Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Low life livin' the high life.

Status

Alloys for an A3 S-line...Opinions Needed!!

Hello folks....

I appreciate this is a question which has been asked a million times through the ages but what are your favourite wheels for an A3 S-line or an S3??

I'm currently looking at some 19's for my 07 A3 2.0T Q S-line in Avus silver and i'm not getting anywhere close to deciding.

Replicas seem to be a total minefield. I very much like the R8's but all the replicas i've seen are ****ty quality with a really flat face, not curved enough. Same applies to RS4's. The cheaper end of the market look poor and italian reps are around 1K + tyres. At that price am i not better off with some quality after markets e.g. OZ, BBS etc?!

A wheel which has caught my eye is the OZ Ultraleggera (see link):
    http://www.speck-tuning.de/sod_data/galerie/audi/audi_s3_oz_ultraleggera_8x19_heck.jpg

I think this is a very sharp looking sporty wheel. I know there are the usual BBS options and i don't think you can go far wrong with any of them.

So anyway... What would you guys go for if it was your money? All feedback and opinions are most appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    That wheel does not suit the A3 imo

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Grrrr

Status
    I agree don't like that wheel tbh, it looks too aftermarket and does not have enough "meat".

I have 14-spoke BBS CH on my A3 and I think they suit the car perfectly
    Audi TT RS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

See, told ya! Choose another wheel pal..

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th Gear

Status
    Well I'm going to completely go against your two opinions, and say that the UltraLegerra does suit the A3.

Mind I would as I've just fitted a set to my A3

18" in my case.

Warning though they are quite an expensive set of wheels. All in my 18" with Toyo tyres came to just a shade over 1,300.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

5th Gear

Status
    The only aftermarket wheels I would fit to an A3 are BBS CH's.

Misano Red S-line, black optics grill, 19" BBS CH Black Editions, coilovers. Perfect.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Status
    I know what you guys are saying.... The ultraleggeras aren't the norm for an A3. They are more of a minimal sports racing wheel rather than an executive BBS type but in a way i like that.
    I do however like the fact they look like a natural size at 19 inches and not oversized due to the thin spoke profile. Some 19's can look too OTT for an S-line if they're too 'meaty' e.g S8's in my opinion.
    Some other options/opinions anyone has would be appreciated. Looks like being a toss-up between OZ's and BBS's so far though.

P.S.....Can anyone recommend the best lowering spring kit for an S-line? I looked at the Eibach Pro Kit but apparently you hardly make any real gains when using them on an S-line?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    The only aftermarket wheels I would fit to an A3 are BBS CH's.

Misano Red S-line, black optics grill, 19" BBS CH Black Editions, coilovers. Perfect.
    I've just bought an OEM blackout grill online from germany on the bay 65.00 + postage. Bit of a bargain and they do look brilliant.

6th Gear

Status
    Right I've added an updated picture to the Pictures thread (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...292#post496292)

You can see the 18" UltraLegerras on a Black 3 door S-Line. Running Eibach Pro-Springs and Koni FSD dampers.

Paul
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue
    Right I've added an updated picture to the Pictures thread (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...292#post496292)

You can see the 18" UltraLegerras on a Black 3 door S-Line. Running Eibach Pro-Springs and Koni FSD dampers.

Paul
    Thanks very much for that. Top man.... Had a quick look and they look great to me. I know other forum goers aren't too keen but i think they give a nice sporting edge to the car and get away from that traditional look you expect from an A3. Some 19's with too much metal on them just look bad.
    I've looked into a set of Ultraleggera 19's and the best price i can find with a decent set of tyres is around 1500. Undecided between the racing silver and crystal titanium finish though. Think both would look good with Avus Silver.

If there's any chnce of a couple more photos from other angles that'd be magic.

Cheers. Paul.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Sorry paul, don't like that at all

6th Gear

Status
    I would recomend that you contact OZRacing Italy and check the options.

When I checked in the 18" the only choices were the Crystal or Matt Black finishes.

I will get some more pics and post them up ASAP.

Paul
    Gone not forgotten -
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW
    Sorry paul, don't like that at all
    No problems, I do and that is all that matters to me.

I can feel a difference in the steering feel already. I've only done the mile and a bit journey to the office and back so far though.

Paul
    Gone not forgotten -
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Status
    No problems, I do and that is all that matters to me.

I can feel a difference in the steering feel already. I've only done the mile and a bit journey to the office and back so far though.

Paul
    Thats one of the reasons i'm interested in this wheel.....They're supposed to be very light. Much lighter than the standard RS6's anyway. So i'm thinking this might lighten up steering and even aid the quattro to an extent.

Keep me informed how you get on with them anyway!
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line, 3 Door, Avus Silver (special ed.)

For Sale:

S-Line gear knob, stick and gator.
    Full set of OEM wheel bolts (incl. locking nuts & caps)
    19" BBS CK's Anthracite - SOLD

GlasgowRangersFC

Status
    Well I'm going to completely go against your two opinions, and say that the UltraLegerra does suit the A3.

Mind I would as I've just fitted a set to my A3

18" in my case.

Warning though they are quite an expensive set of wheels. All in my 18" with Toyo tyres came to just a shade over 1,300.

Paul
    Paul let's see some pictures of the car with those wheels on it
    Gone...Brilliant Black 2008 A3 Turbo FSi Sport, Dual Climate Zones, Piano Black Inserts, Rain and Light pack, Xenon Plus, Armrest, ConcertII+, 18" S5 Wheels, 35mm Springs, Parking Sensors and a few other toys

Coming...2010 white BMW e90 320d M Sport, steptronic, 19'' CSL reps, H&R Sport Springs, Dakota Leather, Full+Full

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRangers
    Paul let's see some pictures of the car with those wheels on it
    See my earlier post - LOL (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...292#post496292)
    Gone not forgotten -
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

5th Gear

Status
    BBS LM's. Classic timeless style. They''ll be going onto mine if my promised works 'bonus' ever comes good!
    A6 3.0 TDI.