Photoshop Request - S3 with BBS Calitos

Spin140

Reaction score
I'm very interested to see what a silver S3 would look like with the above alloys, can any of you photoshop whizz kids help ?

Apologies in advance for the picture I've borrowed..

AudiS3PG07DFL011.jpg

I really like these wheels , i also like the fact that there part of the Audi stable , not just some after market wheels!

Maybe in the future as im happy with the S3 only wheels at the moment!

p

Thanks for that Marrs just what I needed.

I am still undecided, I think they look superb but less unique than the standard S3 wheels but I may just purchase a set as at £560 (Flea-Bay - thanks DPF & Beddie))they seem too good to miss, I'll keep browsing at the pictures then make a decision

No problem spin140....if you need any others doing, just let me know!

That photoshop looks sh*te - imo. Better sticking with standard rims, only get different rims if you're going 19"s, otherwise you're wasting your money. My 2ps worth.

I saw my first A3 today, not sure on the model ( de-baged ) on S3 wheels! hehehe

p

Decent chop - don't like the wheels much though. I'd avoid those on a S3 (all IMO of course)

The thing is, that picture and any picture for that matter, don't do these rims justice. They look far better in real life. The photos make the wheels look flat and too fussy. I love mine, much nicer than the 19" RS4's I had before and IMO 19's can look too big sometimes and dominate the look of the car, aswell as affecting the handling.
Mine felt slugish with the 19's but now feels quicker of the mark and rides better too.

Also that listing on ebay has been ended early.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my Photoshop skills N8KOW...although I'm sure you meant the wheels look sh*te rather than the chop?!:faint:

I actually used 3.2Ju's shots for the chop, which were a little dark, and adjusted the colours to suit. Agreed the wheels look a little flat & fussy on the chop and I'm sure they look better in real life.

IMHO the std wheels are pretty good on the S3, and the 19" RS4 reps are the other option. Most people complain about handling/speed etc. but if you use decent rims that aren't much heavier and fit the right diameter tyres (225/35x19) there really shouldn't be much of a difference in performance/handling.

3.2 Ju said:
The thing is, that picture and any picture for that matter, don't do these rims justice. They look far better in real life. The photos make the wheels look flat and too fussy. I love mine, much nicer than the 19" RS4's I had before and IMO 19's can look too big sometimes and dominate the look of the car, aswell as affecting the handling.
Mine felt slugish with the 19's but now feels quicker of the mark and rides better too.

Also that listing on ebay has been ended early.

I'm not keen on doing the 19" thing this time around as the ride feels just about perfect on the 18"s plus am watching the upsprung weight so reps are probably out of the equation although I do know the italian ones are pretty good as I had these last time on my A4.

Julian if you could post some more pics in good light that would be great.

Spin
The E-bay listing has ended early but I got in touch with the company owner direct and have it on good authority another trailer load is due from Germany this weekend, apparently some Audi dealers have even been buying the odd sets, Tut ,Tut.

The reps I had were Italian and they weighed around 2.5kg more than the 17's I had before. Not sure on the weight of the Calito's though as I've not had chance to weigh them.

Here's a picture of a 3 door A3 I found when I was scouting for info. Not sure who's car it was but the picture was available on the net

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/judelbug/BBSCalito.jpg

Maars, I don't like the wheels full stop, not your chop - :lmfao: With 19"s, I disagree with the comments posted. In my opinion, when a car is lowered properly on coilovers with 19"s, it feels alot more solid that 18"s, yeh maybe abit of acceleration is lost, but you've gained with looks. Which is 99.9% of the reason why people go for bigger rims.

My friend has a 325ci lowered on KW V2 coilovers and he's running 235/35/19 front and 265/30/19 set to the softest setting. And the car is smoother than a 330ci on standard 18"s and standard suspension. Hence why I rave about adjustable coilovers, giving you the options to get your car sat at your preferred height with your prefferred ride quality, something springs don't give you....

Sorry I'll shut up now :Flush: