Here's a few shots....

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

About time too,looking good:icon_thumright:

Very tidy mate! Looks like you took your time finding the right spec! I really like the Open Sky! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy fella,

Rob.

Nice, I like the open sky but headroom was an issue for me. What exhaust end bits do you have ?

Beautiful looking car. That colour really compliments the Open Sky system. Nice choice pal.

Thanks guys.

F1, yes took at least since Oct 2004.

Steve, the exhaust downpipes have been cut off by the previous owner, and chrome tips have been welded on, badly. As you can see they are ****** and i don't really like them. Going to Jabba on Saturday morning to see if they have any ideas.

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

I found it did, I'm just over 6' 4 strange as the golf has a sunroof and I have no issues. I'm not sure but the tailpipes might be the audi ones, the best option is a Miltek system or a custom exhaust maker such as powerflo, although we don't have anywhere around here. Oh and resist the temptaion for a remap !

Very nice looking motor that - I'd definitely get some Poorboys wheel sealant on those wheels asap - makes them so much easier to clean once it's on.

Lovely car Sir TDI, good choice.

p.s. thread jack - see the 3-in-1 house in the background.. where's the front door for the middle house? round the back?

Looks great,realy really tidy! didn't even know tho did the open sky thing! How much of it can you open, or none of it?

That looks sexy mate. At long last we get to see it hehe.

Very well done =)

Looks good Dan

Particularly like the privacy glass, the open sky and the 20 spoke alloys. (Not sure I'd like cleaning them though)

Ming Blue said:
Lovely car Sir TDI, good choice.

p.s. thread jack - see the 3-in-1 house in the background.. where's the front door for the middle house? round the back?

Ming, if you mean the first pic, those houses are just two houses built into a corner. So you can only see the two front doors. :meeting:

Nice one TDI-not seen a sky roof before? Looks really cool:hubbahubba:

The tints and roof go nicely against the silver paintwork, doesn't look bland like silver usually does. Really like it!

How does the open sky roof work? Does it open? And how much of it does if any?

The open sky system comprises of 2 sunroof type openings one behind the other. The front one tilts and slides in the usual way, the rear one is fixed shut. Both have blinds which can be open or closed as required.

With regard to that wheel sealant.
Would it give better results than just waxing the wheels?
I use Collinite wax.

Look great, lovely wheels and that roof is the dogs.

Agree about the exhaust though, yuk! but at least it's easy to sort for little relative cost.

I too just use collinite wax on mine but I do wash the wheels at least every 2 weeks if not the car.

Really nice looking car. I actually prefer the shape of the sportback.

The exhausts need TLC ASAP :p

Halfords stick on pipes dont go well with such a nice car!

bowfer said:
With regard to that wheel sealant.
Would it give better results than just waxing the wheels?
I use Collinite wax.

Not sure to be honest - I got it from Polished Bliss, so might be a question for the detailing forum.

First wash the car had, I treated the wheels using JEFFS Werkstat Prime Strong and then did a coat of Poorboys Wheel Sealant on top. On the second wash a good few weeks later, all the muck came off the wheels very easily and when hosing the wheels down the water was beading. Apparently, the more coats you apply to the wheels, the better protected they are.

Proper wheel sealent is more resistant to brake dust and heat, although using collinite is better than nothing.

SteveTDCi said:
Proper wheel sealent is more resistant to brake dust and heat, although using collinite is better than nothing.

Cheers for that, I'll get some wheel sealant.:hi:

I've just got some Chemical Guys wheel sealant after reading alot of people raving about it. Plus its bright orange so should be easy to see if I've missed any bits when applying/buffing off! :)

redbutcher said:
Very nice looking motor that - I'd definitely get some Poorboys wheel sealant on those wheels asap - makes them so much easier to clean once it's on.

I have been using Muc-off silicon wheel sealent on previous cars, but will try this one, thanks.

As the car is over a year old have noticed a few covered up marks etc on the paintwork, and have noticed that the laquer is peeling away from one of the alloys. Can this be treated?

http://www.muc-off.com/carmain.html

Matt,
What retailers/on-line retailers have got this Chemical Guys wheel sealant? Fancy trying out and as you say easy to spot if missed a bit.

TDI. If lacquer coming off don't bother on treatment. Go the warranty route. I had to get 2 wheels replaced under warranty when lacquer finish began to strip. Audi issue.

Nice car, you live in a nice area too, forum BBQ anyone?

Matt said:
I've just got some Chemical Guys wheel sealant after reading alot of people raving about it. Plus its bright orange so should be easy to see if I've missed any bits when applying/buffing off! :)

Ditto with Poorboys stuff - though it's a bit brighter - pink!

unkle said:
Nice car, you live in a nice area too, forum BBQ anyone?

Cool, i'll provide the parking and the bbq, you guys bring a chef and the food. ;)

TDI-line said:
Cool, i'll provide the parking and the bbq, you guys bring a chef and the food. ;)

Rev will be chef :icon_thumright:

Once the laquer starts peeling its refurb time, try not to use anything acidic on those wheels, i've just brought some megs wheel brightner for the golf as i thought it would last me ages ... only then I go and buy the Audi. So I now have to find something else, possibly P21 or some Menzerna.

So is it a warranty issue regarding the laquer or do i get it refurbed?

Or do Audi do both?

Very confused.

TDI. Refurb for me is when your car is out of warranty (so not the case for you). The Warranty chap in your local stealership Audi garage or Audi garage you purchased from should take a look and if laquer peeling they won't mess about they should just order you in new wheels to replace.

I got all 4 multi spokes on my TT replaced and 2 5 spokes on my Sportback replaced with no issue from my stealership under warranty.

Check them all out or wait until winter has passed and then see the stealership.