What Will Be Your Next Audi?

emzino

Reaction score
Thought i'd create this after reading the Engines thread and seeing how some owners are on there 6th Audi! So... what will be your next Audi (if you was going to buy another)?

Mine would definitely have to be the Audi A5 3.0TDI Quattro with just about every optional extra ticked. I'd love to have it in white but probably just get it in Phantom Black! Mmmm!
Oh & seats would have to be half black leather and half suede!

I'm more than happy with my current A4 B7 and intend to keep it for a long time, Might be tempted by a B9 or B10 in about a decade's time!!

I don't know, ain't had my first audi yet! LMAO. I would love an R8 in the future. I'll keep my A3 for 3/4 years then who knows. Maybe the A5 3.0TDI is the most likely option, if my money situation is lookin real real good. R8.

I really don't know I'd really like the current RS4 at some point - just depends where life takes me next!

Next car defo though is going to be either a MK5 Golf GTI OR GTI Edition 30

B8 S4 ! or maybe RS4.

or maybe a TT-S/RS.

Possibly an S6. Not sure yet though. More than likely an Audi for sure. On my 3rd at the moment.

A5/A4 3.0TDI, or if i will have enought money i would buy RS5/S4/RS4 :)

TT and A3 Sportback Quattro (Open Sky) coming soon, tenth Audi!

I'm on my 6th A3 although my current one is my first Sportback. At the moment I think my next car will be another Sportback, unless Audi do anything to ruin the design. Don't really want anything bigger - it won't fit in the garage!

I would own another A3 as I really like mine but 6 is quite a lot lol the only other A3's i would consider would be:

S3
2.0T Sline
TDI 170

Boydie said:
I would own another A3 as I really like mine but 6 is quite a lot lol the only other A3's i would consider would be:

S3
2.0T Sline
TDI 170

Big difference! If you go TDi get QUATTRO to handle th torque IMHO:icon_thumright:

Nah wouldn't have quattro at all - only in the S3

I feel the quattro would sap too much power. My A3 2.0tdi is remaped to 175bhp 306lb/ft - it would easily go past a 170PD and 170PD quattro equivilant.

Plus isnt quattro economy worse than nonrmal??

I know it isn't all about speed and quickness but I am of the opinion that quattro is for the big powered cars!

I **MAY**consider the A3 cab. I don't give a toss wether you all think it's for girls hehe. I seriously like the look of it.

Probably get an S3 or whatever comes close in 4 years time.

first choice would be an R8...

but if funds are limited then an S5...

third in line is A5 3.0TD Quattro

Boydie said:
Nah wouldn't have quattro at all - only in the S3

I feel the quattro would sap too much power. My A3 2.0tdi is remaped to 175bhp 306lb/ft - it would easily go past a 170PD and 170PD quattro equivilant.

Plus isnt quattro economy worse than nonrmal??

I know it isn't all about speed and quickness but I am of the opinion that quattro is for the big powered cars!

Couldn't agree more boydie, well said! :applaus: Quattro does suck power unless your pushing 300bhp+, the economy is worse in the 170 and the insurance is higher :readit: , hence why I ordered the 140 :icon_thumright:

I quite like the look of the new A4 estate, and with a small family it would probably be a good idea - it's easy to fill the Sportback up with just one 16 month-old son!

N8KOW said:
....the economy is worse in the 170 and the insurance is higher :readit: , hence why I ordered the 140 :icon_thumright:

Don't forget the lovely car tax is more as well.

Anyone seen the artist impression of the A5 Sportback?

Maybe one day I'll get an older RS4, I love my A3 at the mo though, so might even get another one in a few years time - just depends on circumstances etc. really.

I'm hoping that once my 3 year lease is up that a current gen RS4 won't command such a premium. Following that, an R8.

It's nice to dream.

I like the look of the new A4 and A5, but neither would fit in my garage.

The TT looks fantastic, but would be a bit impractical for me, so it will probably be another A3, albeit in Sportback form.

Boydie said:
I really don't know I'd really like the current RS4 at some point - just depends where life takes me next!

Next car defo though is going to be either a MK5 Golf GTI OR GTI Edition 30

:icon_thumright:

RS4 Avant maybe, depend whether I could live with the fuel consumption, already give enough cash to the chancellor.

TTS ???? I am more than happy with the S3 at the moment though, which is a big surprise to the missus.

Mark

current RS4 or S5 if i could

if i were to change brand, probably an M6 or even a CLS diesel

something about the coupes (and the rs4) which draws me in....

Dandle said:
It will be along time before I would buy another Audi.

Same here.
Until they are start winning 'best in class' for mid-sized executives I won't be bothering.
Sadly, for Audi, I can't see them doing it for a long time.
Even the all new A4 is, at best, coming second in group tests.
The imminent Honda Accord replacement may well knock it down to third.

Maybe in 3 years will be looking at something more practical/bit bigger so an A4 with a diesel engine of some variety depending on budget at the time.

The alternatives are BMWs which I generally dont get on with at the moment, they do nothing for me aside from the 3 series coupe but this may change in the next 3 years depending what they release in that time - who knows! And the Merc C-class is another option but I think the price will put a stop to that one.

Or I might end up in some crappy cheap car if I manage to move out and cant afford a nice car :think:

If the A1 is produced as a 5 door version (A1 Sportback!) with decent rear leg room I'd be interested.

An A1 with 5 doors and rear leg room,

I think you are dreaming as much as the R8 people above :)

s3 here for 2 years, then probably a track toy, caterham etc, and a cheap run about

"An A1 with 5 doors and rear leg room"

I've read there could be a five door version and the A2 had plenty of rear legroom so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

to be fair i was assuming it would be mini cooper size. if they do build one with rear leg room then fair play, my misses aygo has enough room to get 4 drunk IT pro's in it and still not bottom out on speed bumps...

so something must be said for that end of the market

i stand (possibly) corrected

The A1 ain't got a chance against the CooperS...

CooperS - 1.6 Turbo
A1 - 1.4 TSI

Ok it's not all about the cc size but the CooperS does pack a punch!

The reason why I make the comparison is because the A1 is meant to be in direct competition with the Mini. Of course my above comparison is only for performance sakes.

emzino said:
The A1 ain't got a chance against the CooperS...
CooperS - 1.6 Turbo
A1 - 1.4 TSI
Ok it's not all about the cc size but the CooperS does pack a punch!
The reason why I make the comparison is because the A1 is meant to be in direct competition with the Mini. Of course my above comparison is only for performance sakes.

You're not using a fair model-to-model comparison though, are you?
You're using figures for the sportiest Mini, whereas the A1 is maybe more designed to compete with the Mini One, or normal Mini Cooper?
I stand to be corrected here.
The diesel engines seem to compare quite well.
My wife's (ordered) Mini Cooper diesel has a 1.6 turbo diesel, making 105bhp.
Exactly the same as the A1's proposed diesel.
FWIW, although the A1 is designed to compete with the Mini, I think it's going to have hard time, no matter how good it is.
I would venture the huge majority of Mini sales are based on the fact it is fashionable and funky, not because of it's driver appeal.
I could take my wife to see every other car in the price bracket, she would still say Mini, every time.
She can say "Mini" to her mates and they all go "oooh"
I just cannot imagine the A1 having the same effect.
I'm not saying Audi are wasting their time, but I think they'll be sorely disappointed if they expect to eat into it's sales in a big way.
It's like the i-pod, which is a good comparison to make.
As long as other MP3 player manufacturers accept it's the market leader, by miles, they'll be happy enough.
It's not the best, but it's become the iconic example of it's genre.
The default choice, just like the Mini.

Ah so you've bitten the bullet and gone for the mini then Bowfer?

Next car, hmmm not sure possibly and audi, depends if heart wins over head. If heart wins then I will be going for a 12month old Rs4 saloon, if head wins I wont!

But I am not planning on changing, if I do, until Aug/Sep at the earliest.

Saying that I will have to find a really good dealer, had my z serviced on friday and the service from the dealer was second to none, when I had my MCS the servicing was the same high standard. Audi could learn a lot from them.

The next car I will be buying will be another merc for the wife in June/July time.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Ah so you've bitten the bullet and gone for the mini then Bowfer?

It's ordered, although still to hear when it will come.
Mini Cooper Diesel.
All red, no stripes or different colour roof.
Aircon (bit ****** off it's not standard,a £600 option...)
17" alloys (forget the name, but the good ones)
Some lights that make the indicators white instead of orange?
Should look nice and simple.
Just get rid of the Clio now, as I really don't want to accept their ****** awful trade-in figure.:no: