Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

S3 Intake need help!!

I want to upgreat my intake. But I can't decide what to do, because nobody can't tell my which option is the best.

One option is CAI, but I am not sure that is safe option because water can go inside the engine.

Other option is this

Neuspeed P-FLO Induction Kit with Neuspeed Hi-Flow Intercooler Pipe Coversion 2.0T
    http://awesome-gti.co.uk/audi%20a38p/engine.html

Maybe some of you have already done something with it.
    Last edited by gr1zly; 23rd December 2007 at 16:48.
    2005 A3 2.0TDI S-line quattro
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp
    2008 S3 sportback SprintBlue: Bucket seats, magnetic ride, RNSE, BOSE, Bluetooth, Carbonspeed CAI, Forge BOV... SOLD
    2009 A4 3.0TDI Ibis white with some goodies
    2011 S5 Sportback Sepang Blue with Milltek Race Exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boydie
    mate - you are missing something in the links as they are not working

1st Gear

Status
    I've change them to awesome-gti link
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp
    2008 S3 sportback SprintBlue: Bucket seats, magnetic ride, RNSE, BOSE, Bluetooth, Carbonspeed CAI, Forge BOV... SOLD

Neutral

Status
    hmmmm ....

I would be 100% sure that the intake you get has all the plumb-back fittings ie. recirc valves fitting.

I put on a custom intake based on the Forge 2.0T GTI intake.

Gained around 25wkw, and it now gives a "squirrel under the bonnet" chirp when you snapchange gears

goodluck with that

1st Gear

Status
    I've found new option so that I can use CAI but with these and nothing bad could happen
    http://www.racinglab.com/injen-hydroshield-x1035.html
    Last edited by gr1zly; 27th December 2007 at 11:55.
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

jamo s3

Status
    the cai,s look nice but i,ve just gone for the green cotton air filter cheaper and there won,t be much difference in performance i don,t think
    jamos3

1st Gear

Status
    I am looking back to find good intake for my new S3 sportback

I thought that only air sport filter or Carbonio will be enought but, my mechanics said that it would be better to instal Forge CAI or EVOMS V-flow, because air filter in S3 is behind engine is rather hot then cold...

I am a bit confiused what to do... ?
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

On Boost

Status
    I wouldn't spend the 150 on a Carbonio , either spend 250 on a forge , EVOMS , Dilbas , or 30 on a decent panel filter.

p

1st Gear

Status
    I think that carbonio is the best option but my firend has got it i GTI MK5 and he is not very happy of it...
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

4th Gear

Status
    If you would like something pretty to look at under your bonnet then go for the Carbonio, other than that it doesn't really have anything else going for it over buying a 25 panel filter..

All of the full intake systems as listed earlier in the thread will add some performance.

I run the EVOMS intake with the MAF heat shield, and filter heat shield.. I have also covered the intake above and around the turbo area in heat reflecting tape and fitted a cold air feed from the LHS fog light grille directly to the filter itself..

The intake is now running super cool and the gains over the OE intake/engine cover feel huge..

Heres a pic..

Evoms intake - 275
    MAF heatshield - 25
    Heat reflecting tape (depending on how much you buy) - 40
    Cold air feed with venturi - 40

Well worth it IMO..

Jonny
    MK5 ED30.. Fastest MK5 / 2.0T FSI in the UK - Fastest DSG MK5 in the world!

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

1st Gear

Status
    Can you make some more pictures, from the end of the intake?

Did you buy everythink at evoms USA??
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

3rd Gear

Status
    What does the Carbono look like then?

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

1st Gear

Status
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

4th Gear

Status
    Hey

The intake is a standard v2 EVOMS intake for the 2.0T FSI cars with remotely located DV (hence the DV recirculation pipe)

I purchased all of the parts from Regal Autosport here in the UK who are the official Evolution Motorsports importers for the UK

Thanks

Jonny

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Looks like i checked out this thread just in time!

I was considering the Carbonio,it sure looks pretty,but further investigation leads me to believe it's just a glorified intake

Now i'm leaning towards Forge or the Evoms you mentioned....just a shame i moved away from Southampton....Regal were 15 mins away! Doh!!

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    ....and now even more confused,just checked out Regals website...and they offer the Dbilas Flowmaster....to their knowledge,the first dedicated intake for the large turbo (K04) 2.0 TFSI 8P 325.01 inc vat....similar to the Evoms,but without the extra cold air intake.

Any thoughts??

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    I think EVoms looks a bit better then Forge...
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    ....and now even more confused,just checked out Regals website...and they offer the Dbilas Flowmaster....to their knowledge,the first dedicated intake for the large turbo (K04) 2.0 TFSI 8P 325.01 inc vat....similar to the Evoms,but without the extra cold air intake.

Any thoughts??
    Dbilas is also a very good intake..

The reason I went for the Evoms over the Dbilas is that the Dbilas runs an enclosed air box and therefore will be quieter than the Evoms kit and I wanted some noise! ha..

Either way your going to end up with a very good intake system which offer very similar gains in performance, I would say its more down to the level of noise that you would like..

And when I say noise its not like a jet engine, just an enhanced version of the OEM intake sound..

Jonny

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Thanks for that,i'll do some more research....love your S3 in white,just wish i had the balls to go for one!!

1st Gear

Status
    If I decide that i wuoold buy dbilas, do you think I need heatshield also??
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gr1zly View Post
    If I decide that i wuoold buy dbilas, do you think I need heatshield also??
    I would say that its a must but for sure it helps reduce the heat soak from the turbo into the intake pipe.. and its only 25..

Jonny

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

The S Factor

Status
    Hey guys

Most of the S3 guys down here in South Africa have opted for the Forge intake. Only one available locally for the S3's here. Typically seeing around 15-20wkW increases with the intake on. I'll be fitting one soon as well but still weighing my options. We have a distributor for EVOMS but their current intake is meant to fit the GTI and not the S3. Quite interesting to see that your UK distributor has the DV relocation parts that have made it fit to the S3.
    In any case, I had contacted EVOMS about this and they stated they are currently busy with an intake designed specifically for the S3 and it should be released in July. May be interested to check it out then.

Jonnyc, do you have a link to the part that feeds the cold air directly from the fog grille to the filter. I have noticed that the Forge intake sits lower down to take advantage of that whereas the EVOMS intake is higher up in the engine bay. Concerned me that it may not be getting as much cold air as the Forge one and didnt know of a solution like on yours. Also, what were the power and torque gains after you fitted the intake?

Thanks!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    Hey guys

Most of the S3 guys down here in South Africa have opted for the Forge intake. Only one available locally for the S3's here. Typically seeing around 15-20wkW increases with the intake on. I'll be fitting one soon as well but still weighing my options. We have a distributor for EVOMS but their current intake is meant to fit the GTI and not the S3. Quite interesting to see that your UK distributor has the DV relocation parts that have made it fit to the S3.
    In any case, I had contacted EVOMS about this and they stated they are currently busy with an intake designed specifically for the S3 and it should be released in July. May be interested to check it out then.

Jonnyc, do you have a link to the part that feeds the cold air directly from the fog grille to the filter. I have noticed that the Forge intake sits lower down to take advantage of that whereas the EVOMS intake is higher up in the engine bay. Concerned me that it may not be getting as much cold air as the Forge one and didnt know of a solution like on yours. Also, what were the power and torque gains after you fitted the intake?

Thanks!
    My EVOMS intake was actually the development piece produced by Regal Autosport to aid EVOMS in producing a solution for the S3/ED30/Cupra 2.0T FSI engine..

Yes the forge intake sits lower down in the front bumper, I bought different pieces and manufactured my own cold air feed using a 100MM venturi duct which sits in the front grille and routed 76MM ducting directly to the filter

Works really well and the car certainly feels quicker after fitting all of the 'cooling' mods.. Next thing for me to do really would be a Forge twintercooler, not sure if anyone has done this yet on an S3?

Jonny

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    Next thing for me to do really would be a Forge twintercooler, not sure if anyone has done this yet on an S3?
    I am thinking about it but first want see some test of it...
    I want to buy as many stuf for my new S3 sportback as a can....
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp

On Boost

Status
    Works really well and the car certainly feels quicker after fitting all of the 'cooling' mods.. Next thing for me to do really would be a Forge twintercooler, not sure if anyone has done this yet on an S3?

Jonny
    I thought you would of gone down the fuel pump route Jonny?

Have you seen the curve on the plots of the cars ( ED30 and Cupras ) that have had it?

There nearly flat.

p

The S Factor

Status
    Thanks jonnyc!
    Dont know any S3 with the twintercooler. Not sure how effective it will be for the price. S3 cooler is pretty good as it is. I do know a few guys down here who've gone with water/meth injection as the next mod and its been working great for them

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I thought you would of gone down the fuel pump route Jonny?

Have you seen the curve on the plots of the cars ( ED30 and Cupras ) that have had it?

There nearly flat.

p
    Ahh I do have some plans which will include fitting an uprated fuel pump if you know what I mean

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

On Boost

Status
    Ahh I do have some plans which will include fitting an uprated fuel pump if you know what I mean
    BT on the way? LOL

The fuel pump cars are hitting peak power at 4500k revs and holding it to the limiter...must be fast.

p

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    BT on the way? LOL

The fuel pump cars are hitting peak power at 4500k revs and holding it to the limiter...must be fast.

p
    I would say BBT really..

12.601 @ 115.85 MPH

2008 Audi S3

Status
    MotorCade in South Africa who does all the Ford ST induction also does S3 induction kits now for almost half the price of the Forge it seems (saw link on the AudiClub of SA). A pipe is a pipe is a pipe no?