Went for a drive with Beddie....

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I meet up with Beddie yesterday as I wanted to see how a 140 (bhp) performed with a map (superchips), it was also a good time again for me to analyze :readit: the A3 as I test drove it about 8 months ago in April!

I came absolutley speechless :hubbahubba: The car on a whole was magnificent. The RSN-E imo just completes the dashboard, with the bluetooth being mindblowing as well :jump:. The build quality was in a different world, driving along country roads the car was firm and solid, very quiet also. When the car was parked up, I couldn't even here the engine was on!! The bose sound system was absoltuley magnificent as were his xenon lights :o.k: . His A3 was 192bhp with 300ft-lb and the torque at low revs was a joke, the pulling power was immense!

I was just delighted with the whole car and cannot wait for mine, and it is definietly worth the wait!

I'm getting more and more pulled into the superchips/bluefin map but i'm trying to stay loyal to myself & get the MTM custom coded remap on rollers...

192bhp :S thats rather high in my opinion

my car was RR'd first with 190bhp 312lb/ft - i laughed at the guy and told him to wise up!

went the day after to another set of rollers which i have used before - 175bhp and 305lb/ft which is far more realistic

you better tell beddie to watch his clutch as mine is slightly slipping with the power i have

also to rev the car more instead of changing gear lower down as the torque build up will nacker the clutch!

i bet his TC comes on all the time if thats the true power! my advice for him is to get 2 more separate RR tests - i have one more to get to take an average!

The RR results i have for my car were taken down at Superchips HQ on the day i had the Bluefin done, both runs recorded the same 192BHP/406NM, best result for a 140TDI on the day and the guys down at SC reckon i've just got a good 'un... :icon_thumright:

All that said however i couldnt give a **** whether the printout read 92, 192 or 292BHP, it's all just a number for bragging down the pub imo, all i know is that it pulls like a train and has sat at 145mph on the Autobahn for miles on end no problem, good enough for me no matter how much horsepower it has or has'nt got... ;)

Also 18,000 miles since being chipped and even with a lazy driving style no probs so far (touch wood lol!), and yes the TC light seems to be permanently on but it adds to the fun imo lol!

RRResult.jpg

Hiya Nathan,

Really nice to meet you yesterday mate!

Glad you enjoyed the ride out in the car and that it made an impression lol! At least you know that the long wait for yours will be worth it... :icon_thumright:

Again, nice to meet you mate and thanks for all the nice comments about my dirty A3 :)

Steve

I want your clutch then :p lol

Agree with what you are saying though - doesnt matter whats written on paper!

N8KOW said:
very quiet also. When the car was parked up, I couldn't even here the engine was on!! :

No disrespect, but when was the last time you had your ears waxed...?
Refinement is hardly something A3's, or the 140tdi Audi diesels in general, are known for.
Go drive some of the diesel competition (Ford,Honda,BMW)
If you think the Audi diesel is quiet, they'll blow your mind.

lol. No disrespect at all, you hate the DSG box and alot of people I know with it absolutely love it! I could not hear his engine when it was parked up, its the truth. I hope u have a better time with bmw, you obviously don't like audis.

N8KOW said:
I think the bluefin is the one, any idea on price can we get a discount?

Alright Nathan - yes we get a discount - 10% so comes in at £539.10 delivered.

I've just uploaded my original map to the Superchips server via Bluefin - can't wait to get the text to say it's ready to download!

Jon

N8KOW said:
I could not hear his engine when it was parked up,.

WTF has me hating DSG got to do with anything?
If you can't hear an idling 140, you need a hearing test mate.
I'm not saying they're as bad as a Hackney cab, but there's no point trying to pass them off as some paragon of diesel refinement either.

redbutcher said:
Alright Nathan - yes we get a discount - 10% so comes in at £539.10 delivered.

I've just uploaded my original map to the Superchips server via Bluefin - can't wait to get the text to say it's ready to download!

Jon

Great news Jon, let me know your thoughts on it when it arrives.

bowfer said:
WTF has me hating DSG got to do with anything?
If you can't hear an idling 140, you need a hearing test mate.
I'm not saying they're as bad as a Hackney cab, but there's no point trying to pass them off as some paragon of diesel refinement either.

lol. well we'll wait and see when I get mine its certainly 10 million times better than my PUNTO!!!!!!! :lmfao: That does sound like a tractor. lol

just spent 2 days driving round in a colleagues 2006 320d, there's no way the engine is any more refined than the VAG units, certainly as noisy if not more when cold.