S3 rear view mirror compass

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question, I notice that there is a compass on the rear view mirror. However mine does not seem to enable when holding the mirrors button in (as per owners manual)

Is this an optional extra or something?

consilio said:
Hi,

Quick question, I notice that there is a compass on the rear view mirror. However mine does not seem to enable when holding the mirrors button in (as per owners manual)

Yes.

Also while on the subject of these extras that never appear on extras lists: has anyone got a radio controlled dash clock???

consilio said:
Hi,

It's a paid extra which is why you wont be able to turn it on!! You can get on e from the parts dept.

staz1000 said:
Yes.

Also while on the subject of these extras that never appear on extras lists: has anyone got a radio controlled dash clock???

Unfortunatley they are only radio controlled in Germany, they revert to quartz mode when they don't receive the clock signal.

JohnS3 said:
Unfortunatley they are only radio controlled in Germany, they revert to quartz mode when they don't receive the clock signal.

No it's an option but I have never seen it on an options list. Don't forget I work in Germany.

It's not on the options list in the UK. Although I do remember reading a thread about someone driving back from Germany and he noticed the sync icon had switched it's self off. Perhaps it was an 8L S3....

JohnS3 said:
It's not on the options list in the UK. Although I do remember reading a thread about someone driving back from Germany and he noticed the sync icon had switched it's self off. Perhaps it was an 8L S3....

No you may be right that it only works in Germany but is only fitted to German cars.

My cousin had a watch years ago that was radio controlled from an atomic clock and the signal came from Germany.

Strange really. Can't we afford our own?

arthurfuxake said:
We do have our own, England invented it! The transmitter is based in Rugby.

I was being sarcastc. My apologies though...lowest form of wit and all that.

The transmitter is in Anthorn up in Cumbria. It was moved from Rugby a while ago. My Casio watch uses it.

Boydie said:
pictures of this rear view mirror please?

int36_comp5.jpg
Compass_mirror.jpg

It's just crude N/NE/E etc lettering usings red leds.