After 3 months of waiting....its here!!

IH786

Reaction score
I ordered my S3 on 11/07/07, and yesterday, exactly 3 months later, i was able to pick it up from the dealers :) I think the colour looks awesome and i'm very glad i was brave enough to go for it!

The first thing i did was fit some 10mm H&R spacers all round, makes the car look MUCH better for only a small amount of cash :icon_thumright:

The bucket seats are excellent, bit tight around my legs, and i'm not fat either! Anyway time for a few pics....

I apologise for the quality and poor lighting (and my frankly awful attempt at covering my reg!), but i don't have a digi camera yet.

At the dealers:

At my house with the spacers fitted:

Interior Shots:

One of the nice details i like are the back of the bucket seats. The shiny black finish looks really cool. I never noticed it on any other pics of the seats i had seen:

And finally:

I've had lots of nice comments on the car, and people asking me how fast it is and how it handles, but i haven't even put it in 6th gear yet! Just want to take it easy for the 1st month or so.

So far the economy hasn't been that bad. I got over 33mpg on the way back from dealers (cruising on M-way), about 27mpg on a drive back home last evening in light traffic and 25 mpg today in moderate traffic on city roads :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Also got to say Birmingham Audi were very good throughout, agreeing to a discount of 5%, and also giving me a choice of a free gift yesterday :icon_thumright: Had a choice between Audi cufflinks, torch, mouse, keyring, kids paint! and a something that looked like a mini BBQ! Went for the torch in the end :)

consilio said:
Very nice m8

I might be ordering mine tomorrow provided the terms are right

Cheers m8 :icon_thumright: Make sure you get white, trust me you will love it :)

Looks great, white is starting to grow on me ;)

love the colour, seats and the steering wheel!

nice choice!

Thanks for the comments :icon_thumright:

Really need to get a digital camera because i feel the current photos don't do it justice. Got to wait a few months though, since i have already wasted the spare cash i had left buying H&R springs & ARB's off jonnyC :):)

IH786 said:
Also got to say Birmingham Audi were very good throughout, agreeing to a discount of 5%, and also giving me a choice of a free gift yesterday :icon_thumright: Had a choice between Audi cufflinks, torch, mouse, keyring, kids paint! and a something that looked like a mini BBQ! Went for the torch in the end :)

I thought,according to previous threads on here,6% is the minimum discount you should expect on an S3 ?
So if they've stung you for at least 1%,no wonder they were happy to give you a free gift.

bowfer said:
I thought,according to previous threads on here,6% is the minimum discount you should expect on an S3 ?
So if they've stung you for at least 1%,no wonder they were happy to give you a free gift.

Think the new discount is 7%, but it seems some people are having difficulty getting dealers to admit to it :confused:

I got my discount well before the 7% was announced.

I didn't get a discount OR a free gift!

I do wonder why more dealers don't do stuff like that though, a free Audi torch costs them about £10 but does wonders for customer satisfaction.

What we're saying is that the norm is 6% or even 7%.
And that's as a starting point.
So the dealer actually did very well to get you to agree to 5%.
I always get free stuff,no matter what I buy.
Varies from mudflaps,to mats.
Can't remember the last time I didn't get something chucked into the deal,even on little runarounds for the wife.

Looks great. I'd love to be able to get one like that.

Although cant help thinking it would of looked much nicer better without a sunroof!

Matt said:
Looks great. I'd love to be able to get one like that.

Although cant help thinking it would of looked much nicer better without a sunroof!

Yeah the sunroof was a bit of an afterthought because i originally made a deal including £600 for optional RS4 18" alloys. But afterwards i was told they weren't available in the UK :mad:

So for roughly the same price, i chose the sunroof and tyre pressure sensors. Still the way i see it is that its another toy to play with :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Beautiful car. White is really growing on me. Just wish it was much more sunny in this country, then i'd probably consider it much more

emzino said:
Beautiful car. White is really growing on me. Just wish it was much more sunny in this country, then i'd probably consider it much more

Yeah true. The weather really sucks. It would look much better if it was sunny. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow as i want to give it its first wash :)

Looks Fantastic, was going to go for white but i just stayed safe with black . i thort ur engine cover was white , but its jus the photo

Very nice in white! I wish I'd went for the bucket seats as well!!:sob:

hallster said:
Very nice in white! I wish I'd went for the bucket seats as well!!:sob:

your photo looks Brilliant Hallster!!!!

IH786 said:
So far the economy hasn't been that bad. I got over 33mpg on the way back from dealers (cruising on M-way), about 27mpg on a drive back home last evening in light traffic and 25 mpg today in moderate traffic on city roads :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Oh, err, missus. Hmm, you won't get than when you discover the performace. My last S3 used to regularly get 30/32 on motorway runs and than was with me booting it, even drpping it down a gear. My new one, well its capable of 30, just as long as you sit at 80 and don't ever floor the throttle to go past people quickly, do that and its getting 26/27, if you really boot it, well then its 25 or so.

Not that i am complaining, took my mate upto Wembley Arena last week and he was a bit quiet each time I got to the slip roads... :no: yeah I know, but you just have to do it, right? :jump:

Pictures look great, have the same silver trim, bucket and FBMFSW in mine and it looks fab, need to get yourself an RNS-E too...

stevec said:
Oh, err, missus. Hmm, you won't get than when you discover the performace. My last S3 used to regularly get 30/32 on motorway runs and than was with me booting it, even drpping it down a gear. My new one, well its capable of 30, just as long as you sit at 80 and don't ever floor the throttle to go past people quickly, do that and its getting 26/27, if you really boot it, well then its 25 or so.

Not that i am complaining, took my mate upto Wembley Arena last week and he was a bit quiet each time I got to the slip roads... :no: yeah I know, but you just have to do it, right? :jump:

Pictures look great, have the same silver trim, bucket and FBMFSW in mine and it looks fab, need to get yourself an RNS-E too...

You are absolutely right about the economy, i got only 23mpg on a short drive today :) The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, i love it :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Although the car has just covered 101 miles, and i haven't even got close to the limit yet, it feels soo fast and with the bucket seats holding you snugly in place i know i made the right choice in buying it :):)

Will be getting an RNS-E as soon as i have the £'s, so probably next year :crying: