Remap & Lowering On A New S3

57-S3

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone can reccommend where to go for a remap on my new s3? not wanting to travel far so anywhere in the north but newcastle, durham or gateshead would be great!

also wanting to lower it but not much, anyone lowered theres?

phil

:jester:

i have had mine remapped and lowered. remap was done by Kim Collins, but hes London way Im afraid. Had H&R springs and ARB's fitted at Awesome, very pleased with the work and feel of the car now:

IMG_0083.jpg

Think DPM Autostyling is based Newcastle way, they do the H&R springs and roll bars etc..

As for getting it re-mapped I would be prepared to travel to ensure you have a reputable company do the job!..

Jonny

Mine by the way..

H&R Springs and Bars, Milltek Downpipe and Custom Cat Back exhaust, Custom Intake, Speedline wheels and other bits and bobs..

S3front.jpg

Jonny

:hubbahubba:

nice!

yeah i was thinking of the h&r sway bars but maybe going down the kw route for the springs or coilovers.

yeah a few people seem to be mentioning dpm on other forums for the remap as well as parts. may have to get in touch with them.

:think:

thanks.

was wanting coilovers but maybe thinking just springs and sway bars now. you got any prices?

hope you guys booked up to get the car chipped?

I would say it depends on what your trying to achieve by modifying the suspension, if your wanting it for looks and would be happy with a small improvement in response etc at the same time i would just go for springs..

Going with coilovers will allow you to go lower and give you more range of adjustment in damping if you were to go with KW V2 or V3 but to be honest you really wouldn't want to go any lower than where the H&R springs make the car sit in terms of being able to drive over speed bumps etc..

And unless you know what your feeling for and would be able to engineer the damping to suit the road/track conditions your driving on I would say that your going to spend a grand over the price of just springs and not really achieve a lot more for the difference.

Obviously at the end of the day go for what you want but im pretty happy with the springs plus with the money you save you could buy yourself a downpipe and get it chipped and gain 60+bhp!!

Jonny

57-S3 said:
thanks.

was wanting coilovers but maybe thinking just springs and sway bars now. you got any prices?

hope you guys booked up to get the car chipped?

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/s3hrfrontreararbs24268p-p-3206.html

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/s325mmhrsprings8p-p-3205.html

http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/catalogue/s320mmweitecsprings8p-p-2458.html

We're about a week in advance fully booked but give us a ring and we'll sort something out for you.

just booked it in with damien at dpm autostyling for h&r sway bars and h&r springs with a remap after, can't wait!

thanks for all your help and putting up with my stupid questions on the phone, real clever and friendly guy!

klauster said:
i have had mine remapped and lowered. remap was done by Kim Collins, but hes London way Im afraid. Had H&R springs and ARB's fitted at Awesome, very pleased with the work and feel of the car now:

That's that MTM remap right. What was your experience like over there?

Do you need to do the 4 wheel alignment again if putting lowering springs on the car? Also any need for adjustable tie bars like the 8L S3?

Reason i ask is that I have some coming from AMD from a warranty claim from my old 8L S3 springs, its taken 9 months to get a replacement set!

tomorrow's the day for mine, can't wait!

damien's never mentioned anything about needing tie bars but he is getting someone to check the alignment for me.

:jump:

:s3addict:

what a difference!!! really how the car should of come out the factory, both on the tuning and suspension side!

massive thanks to damien at dpm autostyling for not stopped until the map was perfect for me!

:applaus:

i'll get some pictures up once i figure out how to get pictures from my phone to pc!

JamS3 said:
Also any need for adjustable tie bars like the 8L S3?

Good point. I put just eibachs on my previous S3 without the tiebars and you couldn't get the negative on the rears back to within factory tolerances. It scrubbed the tyres on the inside edges. Worthwhile checking the geometry with a dealer after its been lowered for a few weeks. Unless DPM have a beissbarth and are honest. Which they seem to be !

Chris.