Courtesy light

steve184

Reaction score
How do you get into change a bulb in the courtesy light panel? Its not the main one but one of the map reading lights that has stoped working in mine - how do you get at it? Please dont tell me its a dealer job :-(

haha dealer job! its so simple

just take a small flat head screw driver, wedge it in at the side, prise lightly and it will pop out

i replaced mine with one with reading lights and it was a 5min job to re-wire and fit!

what pops out? the complete panel? where do you jimmy the screwdriver in - what location?

W00-0509.png

A96-0452.png

A96-0453.png

Hope this helps!

yes it does! pictures always help! thanks for that!

Any ideas what the bulbs are the map readig lights? Thats assuming its the bulb thats gone - could be the switch gone faulty i guess, but chances are its the bulb

12v 5watt

Sorry cant remember what fitting it is apart from Bayonet cap (could be Ba15s?) Prob best to take bulb out and inspect anyway before you buy. It'll say around the cap what it is and you can always take it along to your local motor spares place to make a comparison.

cheers von maximo, illys you posted were spot on and got the cover off - easy when you know how as they say - however i'm now having trouble refitting the bulbs they are a push and twist affair but because there is little clearance i cant get leverage on the bulb with my fingers to get it back in again? any tips? do i need to now remove the panel from the roof lining entirely to gain more clearance?

PS where did get those illustations from - they look a bit official! do you have access to more? i also want to know how to remove the A pillar trims either side of windscreen (fabric feeling things where the tweeters live)

cheers