S3 Tyres?

s3mike

Reaction score
Hi,
Slightly pointless question, but what tyres do people's S3's have?

I thought they came with Continental SportContact but the new demonstrator in Swindon Audi has Michelin's

I wonder what I will get on mine..

continentals, but have a set of michelin Pilot sports ready to go on (waiting in a cupboard at work) :cool:

And me, sportcontact 2 to be precise, depends on what comes from the factory and what they have in stock. More often than not its either Contis or Pirelli

Mine came with Michelin Pilot sports on.

S3Daz said:
Mine came with Michelin Pilot sports on.

****** hell thats lucky , i love them tyres , toyo proxies for me when i get a new set

Conti's , my 20TQ also had conti's. Will change to Michelins when they are worn out.

Mark

Mine also has Conti's. They are not so bad, but you cannot compare them with Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

I like the Contis to, had them on my 3,2 TTR and managed over 20,000 miles for a full set after changing front to backs half way through. Even had a couple of track sessions out of them !

Contis as well.. not brilliant, but may have to go with some MPS 2s if I can get some at good price.

Only maybe 3mm left on fronts so will need to change soon ! ;)

-Sal-

Continental Sport Contact 2 on mine. General a good all round tyre, better than expected and good to learn the car... Next will go Michelin Pilos Sport or Bridgestone Potenzas S03...

Pedro

The Conti 2's are way too soft. My fronts were gone at 7500 miles! I've replaced them with Contact 3's which seem to be much better and have the extended rubber to protect the alloys.

I previously had GY Eagle F1's on my car which are way better, although a bit noisy!

newbiecrg said:
Continental Sport Contact 2 on mine. General a good all round tyre, better than expected and good to learn the car... Next will go Michelin Pilos Sport or Bridgestone Potenzas S03...

Pedro

I'l go with the Potenzas too. They were factory fitted on my 8L S3, great tyres!

It is dificult to get hold of a Conti sport 2 now as I am finding out at the moment.
My 2007 S3 got a puncture that could not be repaired. I wanted to replace like with like and my local Audi gaage has had to order one in for me taking 2 days. Conti Sport 3s have taken over.

prt

Mine came with Bridgestone, not that impressed with them to be honest, def MPS next time.

Mine came with Michelin pilot sport:icon_thumright: