Chris NottSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Potential problem???

Hi all,

Its been a while before i posted but i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I've had my '05 2.0 TDI A3 for just over a year and in that time have had the min. oil warning light appear on the DIS 4 times with me topping it up each time - is this normal or have i got a problem that needs addressing? I dont do that much travelling and have only put about 12k on the clock since i got it to add to the 15k already present.

cheers,
    Mike.
    TT ('57) 2.0 FSI: DVD Sat Nav+, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Bose, Xenons, heated seats, full leather with extended leather pack and a loaded 2GB SD card

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Sounds excessive, how much Oil have you put in 4 x 1ltr?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

Neutral

Status
    My girlfriend made the last top up a couple of days ago and threw away the container but it was the same container that came with the car and that i'm sure was 2L. If so then i think i've made approx 4 500ml top-ups for the light to go out.
    TT ('57) 2.0 FSI: DVD Sat Nav+, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Bose, Xenons, heated seats, full leather with extended leather pack and a loaded 2GB SD card

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

Status
    Hello

this is normal for the 2.0 TDI , the top up bottles are normally 1 litre, so 1 litre over 12,000 miles is quite normal.

we have 2 A3 TDI's and we have used 3 liters over a combined 20,000 miles.

I think its somthing to do with the longlife oil, its so thin compared to the VW PD oil i used to use in my golf

and my golf hardly used any oil

it could be worse you could have a mazda RX8 which uses nearly as much oil as petrol
    LAND ROVER DEFENDER 2.5 Td5
    EGR valve removed, DE-cat down pipe, Turbo boost pressure increased to 22 psi, Upgraded full size intercooler, Stage 3 remap, single mass flywheel conversion, with performance pressure plate and racing friction disc. 210hp 500 Nm

The Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line DSG Has gone and forgotten

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Cue Bowfer.............
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.