Badger5EM Tuning
    under pressure

Status

Wetterauer ECU Remap - Audi S3 8P

Yesterday i remapped my car at Wetterauer (a german tuning company well known for it's very aggressive chips). Since my car had a Milltek Turbo Back exhaust and a BMC air filter, i told them to squeeze all the power they can, taking into consideration the high flow exhaust and intake.

The ecu map was ready in about two hours and the car felt very quick. For example when i put the Milltek exhaust and BMC filter on the stock car i gained 13 HP, but i barely felt them. Now was another story, the S3 felt immensely quick so in the evening i made several VAG-COM dyno tests.

The results i got made me speechless as you can see from he graphs.

Mind you, when i dynoed the my stock car with VAG-COM i got 275 HP (the same result as other S3's on normal rolling road dynos), after the Milltek TB exhasut and sport air filter i got 288 HP (+13 HP - normal gain) and now i almost can't belive it:

362 Hp @ 6.680 rpm
    414 Nm @ 4.200 rpm
    1.9 Bar @ 3.720 rpm

Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Holy cr@p mate thats quite a hike in power Might get mine remapped soon after i get it, are you going to keep it at that level?

987C

Status
    I was told the High Output K04 was only good up to 1.7 bar. Mine peaks at 1.6. I've dyno'd mine at 320bhp since changing the air intake. Still got the standard exhaust.

Crazy numbers though. Don't think the turbo will last long at those boost pressures though.
    2008 987C Porsche Cayman S (299 RWHP)
    2007 987 Porsche Boxster S (295 RWHP)
    2007 Audi S3 (330PS)
    2005 Seat Leon FR TDI (195PS)
    2005 Skoda Fabia vRS (175PS)

5th Gear

Status
    I wonder how the transmission and haldex will cope with 360+bhp

1st Gear

Status
    Its high. High enough for me to be worried if the engine/turbo will last.

The other remaps give around 300hp which I think is within acceptable limits. 360 though.... you might have issues later!

under pressure

Status
    I'm not worried about the Haldex because there are turbocharged R32's with more than 450 HP and the haldex can handle it just fine.

About the remap, maybe i'm going to make a less aggressive map with around 330 Hp but i'm not sure yet. I also talked with some chiptuner firends and all said it's OK if i can respect some rules (like using only high quality engine oil, warming up the engine before i put my foot down, cooling the turbo before i stop, etc). Plus Wetterauer are not amateurs and offered me a warranty of 3 years on the engine, transmission and drive train, so it looks like they are pretty confident about their map.

The only thing that worries me is that boost spike between 3.500 - 4.500 rpm when it reaches 1.9 BAR but i found out that it occurs only when i put my foot down at low rmps (ex. 2.000 rpm, which i had to do it for the dyno measurement). But if i accelerate with full throttle from +3.000 rpm normally the boost shoudn't be bigger than 1.7 BAR which is relatively safe. Anyway i will do more data logging to see how exactly the car behaves and if it see something wrong i will get a 330 HP map.
    Last edited by aiculedtzu; 8th July 2007 at 21:49.
    Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Nice results, be nice to see how the car is running in 6 months time.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aiculedtzu
    I'm not worried about the Haldex because there are turbocharged R32's with more than 450 HP and the haldex can handle it just fine.

About the remap, maybe i'm going to make a less aggressive map with around 330 Hp but i'm not sure yet. I also talked with some chiptuner firends and all said it's OK if i can respect some rules (like using only high quality engine oil, warming up the engine before i put my foot down, cooling the turbo before i stop, etc). Plus Wetterauer are not amateurs and offered me a warranty of 3 years on the engine, transmission and drive train, so it looks like the are pretty confident about their map.
    Could you post Wetterauer's contact details?

under pressure

Status
    @ TDI-line,
    I will keep collecting data with Vag-Com and if i find something wrong i will get a less aggressive map. So far, i enjoy the smashing performance :-)

@sui00adg,
    http://www.wetterauer.de/

under pressure

Status
    Yesterday i had a "close encounter" with a E46 BMW M3 (343 HP + sport exhaust). Now i am convinced that the VAG COM Dyno is accurate :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXc8qKVdhI

1st Gear

Status
    Getting some impressive figures there.
    When I had my Revo remap done there was opportunity to raise the Boost higher but I think there is a point at which you are pushing the car or that individual part beyond its safe opporating limits. An F1 car has an engine made to last 2 races, they will be on the limits to make it last 2 races balenced with best performance. A road car on the other hand needs to last years and so I think that high boost you're running may bring the life of the turbo to a premature end? personally I feel the 300ish BHP the Revo gives me is about right, plenty of raw power but without over stressing anything?
    S3 Sprint Blue - Auto lights & wipers,Rear parking sensors and Sunroof. Revo remap. Pioneer +JL + Focal ICE upgrade.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by copperband
    Getting some impressive figures there.
    When I had my Revo remap done there was opportunity to raise the Boost higher but I think there is a point at which you are pushing the car or that individual part beyond its safe opporating limits. An F1 car has an engine made to last 2 races, they will be on the limits to make it last 2 races balenced with best performance. A road car on the other hand needs to last years and so I think that high boost you're running may bring the life of the turbo to a premature end? personally I feel the 300ish BHP the Revo gives me is about right, plenty of raw power but without over stressing anything?

Agree with you on that one but admire his courage going for all that power it must be a real rush putting out that kind of power in a car that doesn't shout bout it's potential. I'm with you though if I remap, rephase that when I remap I need the longevity offered by approx 300bhp, not sure if that will be bluefin or Revo just keeping a watchful eye at the minute, very encouraging all this though
    Wife - 12 BMW 320D 181 bhp, 8 Speed Auto, Melbourne Red, Heated Leather, privacy.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy. (Sold)
    Golf GTi MK6 - Revo stage 2, ITG, Milltek Race TBE, AP Racing 4 pot BBK - Sold.
    10 S3 SB, Phantom, Buckets,Int light Pack, Privacy,Nav, Park sensors, 6 disc, Revo Stage 1, ITG Enclosed Intake - Sold
    BMW M135i F20 - Bloody good straight from the box !

"Fast Cars are Safer...."

Neutral

Status
    Unbelievable figures quite frankly

I'd love to drive it, but wouldn't want to own it after you

Time will tell i suppose but it does show what this engine is capable of, after all the Evo's and Scooby's are only 2 litre 4 pots and they seem to be ok and some of them are pushing out 400bhp

2007 S3 Phantom Black - All the toys!

Neutral

Status
    and here is the finish
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhGpuUoiM90

nice job aicu
    my car pics http://anonymous.ro/gallery/thumbnai...=lastup&cat=-5

Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Milltek Turbo - Back Exhaust - Evoms Performance Intake - Hpfp - Stage 2+ Remap
    12.807 @ KOE East 2008