Party on Monday 30th May?

normski

Reaction score
My car is born on Monday.

Any other week 18'ers wanna have a "talk ****** birthday party" on this thread about how they can't wait for their new car, please join in.:rockwoot:

I am a bellend (not to the same level as Plank obviously!)

I do ofcourse mean the 30th April!

My A3 is on build week 18 (see signature), I have noticed a few other people also mention their car on build week 18. Seems like we gonna have quite a few happy guys in this forum ....say by 20th-25th of May?

oh talking about the "wait", I have given up thinking about it. I had to get back to work and living normally. I can't read the A3 catalog over and over again anymore :keule: , or searching for parts to install. I'm sick of all that anticipantion now. :crying:

what ...4 weeks before delivery, I already have aluminum brushed side mirror covers and aluminum pedals arrived in my mail box. :laugh:

Oh, and also, this wait not only cost me time, but also money. I have changed my color and added options. Those Audi dealers, they had me bend over the second I signed that paper!

You are right about changing your mind, I rang up last Friday to add something to the spec...

Just want it to rain until I get the car, everytime the sun comes out I need my new car NOW....

normski said:
...everytime the sun comes out I need my new car NOW....

oh ... sorry. This weekend is going to be hot and sunny!

I'm week 18, (which i'm told is this week) and have been given "any time after the 14th" as delivery date

I enquired today about the chances of adding to the spec and was told I coulnd't as it had been confirmed now

KARL said:
I'm week 18, (which i'm told is this week) and have been given "any time after the 14th" as delivery date

I enquired today about the chances of adding to the spec and was told I coulnd't as it had been confirmed now

What are you having? What were you trying to add?

KARL said:

Really, the 14th? I'm build week 18 and my dealer told me that I'm looking at collecting, about June 1st. Hopefully he's just being conservative with his dates then.

I think 20 - 25 May is more normal. At least that's the week I expect it to be ready for pick up.

normski said:
What are you having? What were you trying to add?

I've got pretty much everything i want - dvd sat nav, ipod, bose, tv, folding mirrors, flat bottom SW, bluetooth armrest...

Was just gonna ask about cruise control - didn't really think I wanted it at the time and i'm not too fussed - the thread on here got me thinking an I thought for £240 or something I may aswell add it - anyways I didn't even get that far as he said I couldn't change anything at this stage

I haven't even got a build date on mine yet. September seems so long away!!!!

At least I don't have a BMW as an in between car this time. Much prefer the Octavia :respekt:

Got a call from the dealer today with the vin number for my car. delivery date week 21 ...

Normski, hardcore Hallam, Karl, any news for yours?

Yep I also got a call today, the dealer told me the car may arrive a little early, but still reckons it'll be the end of this month. They're going to call me next week with a definate date. Week 21 would be great.

normski said:
Not a whisper on mine!

Some dealers need a little push along in my experience, I kept in touch for regular updates as i wanted to inspect the car as soon as it had been delivered even though it would still be in it's transit covers, so they weren't able to repair any damage that may of occured. Call me paranoid, but I don't trust anybody in the car trade.

I would imagine your car is now either being shipped or in the country. They can easy find out for you, exactly where the car is.

Mark

I was told that my car will be taking a train to North Germany before taking a boat ride to Norway. Similar to UK customer then? My build week was 2 weeks delayed so my dealer promised me to grab the car off the lot as soon as it arrives. Good thing thou is that the dealership is 20 km from the cargo ship drop off port. :whip:

I would also like to see it as soon as it arrive to the dealership ... Getting a new car doesn't happen often to me so it is an exciting/special event :)

Last thing i heard was still "any time from next monday". I'm expecting last week in May though (hope so anyways as i'm in US for 2 months from 1st June...not ideal timing!)

The guy i'm dealing with goes on holiday from Monday which isn't great. He's promised to call to update me before he goes away so I guess i'll call on Friday if still no heard

Just had another call from the dealer, apparently my car is awaiting shipment now. God knows how long that takes, the girl that called me had no idea either???

My car has landed at the PDI centre and will be ready Wednesday!

normski said:
My car has landed at the PDI centre and will be ready Wednesday![/quote
****** hell, that's well quick. Can you actually drive the car away this coming Wednesday? Do you know what route the car takes from Germany?
Definitely gonna give my dealer a kick up the ***!

Do you know what route the car takes from Germany?

A3s leave the factory in Ingolstadt in Southern Germany by train and go to a sea port in Northern Germany. Here they are driven on a ship and transported by sea to Grimsby. Once unloaded they are taken by road transporter direct to the dealer who carries out the PDI ready for collection by it's new owner.

Yes, too ****** quick, wasn't expecting it for another week, so mad rush now to get my garage emptied and the insurance sorted!

Was at the PDI centre on Friday, so basically 11 days from beginning of build week to arrival at the centre. It will be ready for me Wednesday to drive away, though may have to leave it until the weekend.

Been given a list of reg numbers...the hardest decision I have had to make so far. They had loads ending in *TF, but WTF had already gone, sadly...:w00t:

At least, if you pick your car up at the weekend Normski, it may have stopped raining by then.:icon_thumright:

Spoke to my dealer today who said mine "should be in the country" but apparantly the system hadn't updated yet from the weekend and was still showing that it was on the ship

Delivery date "end of next week" :wacko:

Matt said:
Whats an average waiting time for a factory order A3?
If I collect mine next week, that will have been 11 weeks from the day I ordered. I think some of the other guys have got theirs a little sooner. It probably depends on your location. I'm collecting mine from the Gatwick Airport area.

normski, that's quick ... I need to give me dealer a call tomorrow!! :icon_thumright:

Don't forget to give a proper feedback after pick up!

JamS3 said:
Any ending in LED?

Would match.....

You should leave the fuzz and become a ****** comedian....very good:icon_thumright:

markwiggy said:
Nice one Norm, 2 more sleeps.

Mark

That is exactly what we keep saying to my 3 year old who's birthday is on Wednesday...he is getting a slide! I am getting the worst car that £30,000 can buy, should've got an R32 cuz J.C. says so.

normski said:
I am getting the worst car that £30,000 can buy, should've got an R32 cuz J.C. says so.

Such a waste of cash, you could have bought a R32, some extra V Power and an even bigger slide for your little fella and still have enough for that long weekend you always promised yourself in Blackpool.

Worth every penny matey !! :icon_thumright:

Mark.

Shame the R32 with the same spec as my S3 would have cost more...

Have you been to see your car yet Normski? Anyone else heard from their dealers yet?

I've just heard from your dealer Hallam he said

" Tell ya mate that we are having trouble trying to get pink diamontes to match the outside colour of the car which he'd like sewn in to the suede seats spelling out the name of his pet miniture yorkie dog"

Got the car, looks amazing with the darker glass, too me anyway...on nights tonight though, no time to write any more yet...hope you guys get yours soon

Nice one Normski, look forward to some pictures when you're back on day shift. Got another call from the dealer today, my car is in the country and gonna be ready on the 26th, but something doesn't add up. They told me, the reason I haven't received my car yet, is because the build date got put back to week 20. When I got off the phone, I realised that week 20 is THIS week. So I'm led to believe that the car got built and sent over in 3 days?? That's fast, even for the Germans :sm4: