Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Mo
    Neutral

Status

S3 Collection (germany)

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to collect my new S3 in germany ? Im ordering through my local audi dealer, i know mercedes allow it. I'll be around that direction in the summer you see(switzerland) and thought it would be an adventure, my own private Gumball !!! Bad idea?? I dont do a lot of miles so over the rest of the year it would even itself out.

Thanks
    07 Phantom Black S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo
    Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to collect my new S3 in germany ? Im ordering through my local audi dealer, i know mercedes allow it. I'll be around that direction in the summer you see(switzerland) and thought it would be an adventure, my own private Gumball !!! Bad idea?? I dont do a lot of miles so over the rest of the year it would even itself out.

Thanks
    Recent report in Audi Driver Magazine suggests Audi UK will not allow this.
    Trev

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevS3
    Recent report in Audi Driver Magazine suggests Audi UK will not allow this.
    Probably because they want their 500 delivery charge!!!
    2005 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-line - Brilliant Black, Full Votex kit (SOLD)
    2007 RS4 V8 - Sprint Blue

1st Gear

Status
    Exactly, but they let the americans do it allowing then a long vacation in europe before they have to ship the car from one of many ports.
    Trev

1st Gear

Status

Unhappy

Bit naff really IMHO.

My current 8L S3 was a personal import (UK spec) and I had a great time bringing it into the UK last time.

I asked Audi in Bristol and they said no it is not possible to bring in my new 8P S3, considering we are in the EU you would have thought that it would be possible...

The only reason I can think is that there may be problems dealing with DVLA, still seems a bit naff we cant get our motors collected direct from the factory.
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

Mo
    Neutral

Status
    I dont think its the DVLA/NI because i know a guy that collected a a merc from germany with no problems, bought from my local merc dealer whos also a franchisee for audi, VW etc etc. So it must be an audi decision !! I'll still ask, they can keep the 500 the miserable gits

Cheers
    07 Phantom Black S3

windsurfer

Status
    There are no problems on the DVLA and the VCA they have all the procedures well explained on the Internet... What I found is dealers are not prepared/informed how to register, in my case, a left hand drive. Mine is a ridiculous case! 3 weeks the car has been sitting at the dealers, they only managed to send the correct forms/paperwork to the VCA last thursday, now I'm waiting on them to give the go, so best of best only have my car end of next week, if that... it is just ridiculous, If I treated the paperwork myself I would be driving it today for sure....

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 8th May 2009 at 10:48.