EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Boydie

Dual Climate Control

Right im in work and cant be assed going to the car so going to ask you lot

the other week i did something funny with the climate control

twiddled the knobs a bit and i found that both sides would be the same temperature if only using the drivers side knob

my neighbour turned his side up cos he couldnt hack the 16 degree heat and now my settings are messed up

how do i do what i did before?? lol

i mean, how do i set the climate control so i can adjust both sides with just the drivers side knob?

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    You need to hold the auto button for about 10 seconds or so and it will sync both sides to the drivers control.
    Now:BMW 530d M-sport tourer. Then:Lava Grey A3 Sportback S-line 2.0TFSI Quattro, S-line Special Edition, Xenon Plus, Leather, Light and Rain Pack, Interior light Pack, Bose, DVD Nav+, Bluetooth, Multifunction wheel,Cruise, Heated Front Seats, Folding Mirrors, Rear Parking Sensor and some other bits.

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 7th May 2009 at 21:12.

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 7th May 2009 at 21:12.

Boydie
    haha he apologised after!

thanks guys - ill try it on the way home!

6th Gear

Status
    Does this function stay on even when turning the ignition off?

If so I take it its just the same to return it to independant controls?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Neutral

Status
    as soon as the passenger uses the passenger control it returns to independent operation..

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 7th May 2009 at 21:13.

Are you also aware that different temperatues can be set depending on which remote is used to unlock the car. My wife prefers the car to be a little warmer than me. I usually have the climate control set at 20. If my remote opens the car its set at 20. If my wife's remote is used it sets to 22.

Today's useful reading - 11.06 Sportback manual p131.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Boydie
    ohhhhhhh very interesting

im the only one that drives it though but id have it on low all the time anyway!

good lad :D

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 7th May 2009 at 21:13.

6th Gear

Status
    It is the key which stores the settings and transfers them to the car when the ignition is turned on with the key.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    I have to adjust the passengers side to get dual control (after I have held Auto) - is this right? Do you think they can change it via the VAG com?
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.

6th Gear

Status
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 7th May 2009 at 21:14.

isn't it the key that you use to turn the ignition on that does it, rather than the one used to unlock it? have you tried unlocking the car with Mrs h5djr's key then starting it with yours?
    Having just re-read the item in the Manual, your right. It responds to the key rather than the remote.

I have to adjust the passengers side to get dual control (after I have held Auto) - is this right?
    On mine, if I press and hold the Auto button it changes the passenger side setting to match the drivers side setting.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaydock
    I have to adjust the passengers side to get dual control (after I have held Auto) - is this right? Do you think they can change it via the VAG com?
    If you mean what I think you mean, i.e. after pressing auto to sync the two, the left control changes both and the right control "de-syncs" them again, then it sounds like yours is coded for a LHD car somehow.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    If you mean what I think you mean, i.e. after pressing auto to sync the two, the left control changes both and the right control "de-syncs" them again, then it sounds like yours is coded for a LHD car somehow.
    Thats right, it works the opposite way around - the stealers have my car at the mo so I have asked them, but they didnt know if this was a coding thing.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a coding thing? TIA.
    A3 2.0TDi Sport, Mauritius Blue, Xenons, Black Leather/Alcantara, BOSE, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Interior Light Pack, Armrests.