Moistness - roll on Thursday

klauster

Reaction score
Booked in for the remap at MTM, and on the way down getting the H&R spacers fitted front and back.

I cant wait....

;)

the deed has been done and i have to say I am chuffed to bits with the gains, had some H&R spacers fitted as well (10mm front - 15mm rear)

looks and goes like stink :yahoo:

by the way, before any changes the power figures were around 272bhp standard, so these S3 are producing more then Audi think

Awesome.... noticing a big difference???
Would be good to see pics of the car with the spacers.

Enjoy!!!

ill post pics tomorrow, after a good clean :sly: day off

the power and acceleration is really rather special, i reckon its nearly sub 5 in the dry......

transformed it in to something very rapid, but im still getting good mpg :p on the motorways

Where did you go to get the remap? Do they do remaps on 2.0TDI 140's?

Thats excellent Klauster! Spacers look good, especially on the back end.

Has the remap made the turbo delivery smoother, less laggy? I know my new S3 hasn't arrived yet, but my thoughts on the test drive that the turbo is laggy. But others have different opinions. Just wondered if the remap has changed things.

Also, is the MTM remap an ECU out job, or is it done via the ODBII port?

AmD tell me their OneClick is not available for the new S3 as the ECU is Motronic ME9. OncClick is only for ME7, like the 8L S3.

Cheers

AL

there is still a slight delay in the power delivery, but at 2000-2500rpm the launch is now somewhat rapid and more smooth, the torque continues all the way thru the power band now (400nm). Its a ODBII jobby im afraid, and as its so new, they did need to tweak it alittle. Deffo worth the cash and very pleased with it

surprising, not that much different on the motorway

Was it custom coded? Did you also do a before and after rolling road done?

emzino said:
Was it custom coded? Did you also do a before and after rolling road done?

yup it was a custom code, before and after plots.

I will try and scan them in and upload them if anyone is interested?

klauster said:
yup it was a custom code, before and after plots.

I will try and scan them in and upload them if anyone is interested?

Nice! Thanks Klauster. I just need to know who to goto once I got my 2.0TDI... AmD or MTM :zen:

here you, these are the dyno plots

plots2.jpg

plots1.jpg

Klauster - what's ahppening at 4800rpm?
looks like all line's have a little dip, then start climbing again???

yup, this is a flaw in the haldex and cant be sorted without uprating it, which im not fussed about, all new S3's have this problem, i see it on the graph, but dont feel it in the car, your far too busy smiling to care :)

aye, it questioned it with Kim, he said that the increase power confuses the haldex for a split second at 5k, then it corrects itself.