Alu Pedals pic

dm_irish

Reaction score
Thanks to a married_blonde for helping me out on getting the pedals.
Install was ok, hard bit was popping out the clips at the bottom of the pedal for me, getting the cable out was easy, took me about 15 mins, didn't have time to clean car so no mention of the dirt please!

pedalshu1.jpg

Your welcome. :)

Can't understand why they don't fit them as standard to the S-line models as they look so much nicer than the black plastic ones.

J.

They look fantastic!

I've got to get some of them when mine arrives.

They are the pedals from a golf Gti.

For the DSG cars they are £57.50 and for the manual they are £60.50 plus delivery.

J.

are they direct fit? no choppin around etc? could be my 1st mod on the cards....and the car aint even arrived yet lol!!

MB = MarriedBlonde = Me.

Yes they are a direct replacmenet, keep your original ones to retro fit when you sell it and stick on ebay to recoup some of your money.

Fitting takes about 10minutes.

J.

as he said fitting is easy. I said 15 mins but that included looking for the right torx screwdriver, wondering was I going to break something etc etc. I'd say if I was to do it again having done it once it could be done in 2 or 3 minutes..

Mikey said:
happy time! what about dead pedal?

They don;t do a dead pedal for the UK market. I've heard various suggestions why not but none seem to add up!

I ooked into the rs4 and RS6 dead pedals to see if they could be modified to fit but no joy :(

J.

does the new S3 have a fancy dead pedal?

MB - I will have a set of these G5 GTi pedals after crimbo. That ok?

MB, I'll probably be in touch in the New Year once I've got the car then.

Quick question, I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't just disconnect the pedal as it'll through up error codes etc? Not sure where I read it, probably on here somewhere, but can anyone confirm whether any VAG-COM tinkering is required?

Definately no Vag0com tinkering required. Discount away. I ran mine through VC after fitting them in my car and no codes thrown.

This is quite a popular mod and no one has ever complained about error codes.

J.

Before fitting check out the new accel pedal your going to fit, you will see a couple of small slots, poke in a screwdriver and push and it relaeses the clips, makes removal and fitting just that little bit easier.

Mikey said:
does the new S3 have a fancy dead pedal?

MB - I will have a set of these G5 GTi pedals after crimbo. That ok?

No problem at all.

Just let me know when you want some and I'll get a set ordered up for you.

J.

cheers fella.

also, just noticed in the A3 brochure, are these the same pedals used on the new S3?

MB, I'll jump on the have a set after crimbo wagon too please mate...:)

i'll have some of these bad boys after xmas as well

the GF is VERY expensive at this part of the year!

Married i will gladly take a set aswell - manual!

pm me details etc.. please

thanks

Guys I'm not ignoring you all!

Been in a meeting and I am just about to run out of the office as I have my chrsitmas meal tonight and I need to get home and changed.

I'll Pm you all tomorrow with details.

Thanks.

J.

right just got some birthday money so i am up for a set now

how do you wish to be paid mate?

Morning gents, ok so perhaps I did get a little drunk thursday night and perhaps I was unablwe to function fully friday...

I am pm'ing you gents this morning with details!

Righto I have sent a pm to the following people with details:

RobinA3, Beddie, Boydie, tibbs and curley.

If I have managed to miss anyone please let me know.

J.

A3simon said:
I have my order in aswell seems a good few days for MB lol.

No one ever believes me but I don't make anything out of these. I just do it as a favour for forum members. I can send an invoice from my supplier if anyone wants one. Thats why P&P is what it costs from the post office.

J.

Just to let you know who I have heard from and what gearbox you have...

Beddie
Boydie - replied - manual
curley - replied - DSG set
RobinA3 - replied - manual set
tibbs