Tempted A£ in Dealership!

Aldo

Reaction score
Currently driving an 03 A4 Avant 2.0 Petrol, Saw a nice A3 Sportback in the dealership yesterday.
54 plate with 30 k on the clock, 2.0 tdi, Had a light coloured interior with Grey leather, looks like an X Demo.
Was a nice spec on it with Bose, Dual climate, Xenons etc.
Body work looked a bit neglected though.
Would this be worth £14,995?

Si

Looks about bang on for retail. Looks like a nicely-specced Sport or SE. What wheels were fitted? If the bodywork does appear bad though, and you still like the car, it could be a good bargaining tool.

Mmm good question!
It did have the nicer wheels fitted, sounds a bit blonde lol :p

Then it could still be a Sport or perhaps an SE with optional larger wheels. Certainly seems well-specified - you should just take it for a test drive to see what you think. If your Avant is the 2.0 FSI, I think you'll find the 2.0 TDI will feel very quick in comparison!

It's like this but in darker silver, same wheels.

VehicleImage.axd

I am half tempted, it doesn't nothing add up though with the front corner of the door rubbing on the bottom edge of the wheel arch, the dealer seemed to shrug this off!

Aldo said:
It's like this but in darker silver, same wheels.

http://www.supercar.co.uk/ContentDe...1&Width=479&Height=319&DefaultImage=audi&UC=2
I am half tempted, it doesn't nothing add up though with the front corner of the door rubbing on the bottom edge of the wheel arch, the dealer seemed to shrug this off!
That's definitely a Sport with those wheels. If it's got leather, Xenons and Bose plus other extras, I'd say £15k is fairly good value.

As for the wheel liner, funnily enough my SE also has a damaged liner too. I don't know when the damage occurred, but thankfully it doesn't rub although it is cracked quite badly.

You just ask the dealer if they'll sort it out as part of a possible deal.

Thanks for the reply, went back to the dealership to have another look. I forgot this was a 3 door I had been looking at, and with a junior on the way decided against it.
Still lovely model though and I think a 5dorr would be big enough for a family! :)

or you could have mine for a grand more! which is also a sport with great spec and near showroom bodywork! (3 door tho)

steve184 said:
or you could have mine for a grand more! which is also a sport with great spec and near showroom bodywork! (3 door tho)

Thanks for the offer, i'll stick for now-but maybe next year. Think would prefer to have a 4 door for now : )