My New Pride and Joy!

marriedblonde said:
... everyone is different.
Absolutely. In the same way, I'm also surprised at the criticism of the Sportback styling because the 3-door just never even registered with me when it was launched (even though before my Audi I had two 3-door cars, a Focus ST170 and a Puma 1.7); but the Sportback really caught my eye, especially as it got the SFG first and those fab Nuvorali-styled rear lights.

Vertigo1 said:
Seriously though, I'll confess to being surprised how much more the Sportback is worth but I spose that's the practicality of 5 doors combined with the fact that the young couples with small kids market is a big one for the A3.
5-doors being the main reason we bought one, as the Sportback is now our only car and my son arrived into the world 11 days ago!

benw123 said:
Beauty in the eye of the beholder, and all that. But I just remembered another good reason why I bought a Sportback, and parkers.co.uk has just confirmed it for me:

2004/54 2.0TDI SE 3dr part ex: £12790
2004/54 2.0TDI Sportback SE part ex: £14555

The difference in cost brand new was £520, but come trade-in the Sportback is worth a staggering £1765 more! Still like those clean lines?

Anyway, don't want to go too far off topic - A3_3.2_S-Line's car looks fab.

Hi, first post and all etc.

But be careful about those price comparisons on parkers. Did you notice that on the Sportback the mileage was 10000, and the 3dr was 20000.

That to me says firstly that 3 doors sell more and are higher milage at that age. From what I have heard at dealers is that the sportbacks arent as popular and because of that depreciate faster than the 3dr.

S_Line said:
JOB DONE :lol:

a3.jpg

LOL...Quality :)

god_thats_quick said:
Nice car (the OPs)

Just for the record I think the sportbacks look terrible, but as has already been said each to their own.

Not quite, if you say something bad about a 3 door your post gets deleted. Anyway I'll not say the 3 door looks terrible, but I much prefer the sportback, the balance is better and has a much nicer looking rear.

JeffY said:
Not quite, if you say something bad about a 3 door your post gets deleted. Anyway I'll not say the 3 door looks terrible, but I much prefer the sportback, the balance is better and has a much nicer looking rear.
Thank God for that - this thread was supposed to be about A3_3.2_S-Line's new car, but it's turned into a Sportback-bashing! :asskicking:

benw123 said:
Thank God for that - this thread was supposed to be about A3_3.2_S-Line's new car, but it's turned into a Sportback-bashing! :asskicking:

To right! You thread jacking terrorists. :asskicking::whip:

All fun and games.

Anyways got some sad news!

After 10 days of ownership some bum (most likely in a 4x4) has hit me in the rear whilst I was parked at a meter in Mayfair. It only a scratch but I felt so sick when I saw it. :puke2:

JeffY said:

Your entitled to post your opinion about the 3 door.

...but threads may get trimmed or deleted if they are deemed to be offsensive to other members on the forum.

J.

TDI-line said:
A3 3.2 S-line, do those seats come with sliver stitching?

Yes and the steering wheel and gear nob gaitor are also in matching sliver stitching.

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
18" 20 Spoke Split Rims :rock:

I have to say they look the absolute nuts, how do you find cleaning them, this would be the only thing putting me off them !!

:arco: