Badger5Volks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedblonde
    ... everyone is different.
    Absolutely. In the same way, I'm also surprised at the criticism of the Sportback styling because the 3-door just never even registered with me when it was launched (even though before my Audi I had two 3-door cars, a Focus ST170 and a Puma 1.7); but the Sportback really caught my eye, especially as it got the SFG first and those fab Nuvorali-styled rear lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1
    Seriously though, I'll confess to being surprised how much more the Sportback is worth but I spose that's the practicality of 5 doors combined with the fact that the young couples with small kids market is a big one for the A3.
    5-doors being the main reason we bought one, as the Sportback is now our only car and my son arrived into the world 11 days ago!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Beauty in the eye of the beholder, and all that. But I just remembered another good reason why I bought a Sportback, and parkers.co.uk has just confirmed it for me:

2004/54 2.0TDI SE 3dr part ex: 12790
    2004/54 2.0TDI Sportback SE part ex: 14555

The difference in cost brand new was 520, but come trade-in the Sportback is worth a staggering 1765 more! Still like those clean lines?

Anyway, don't want to go too far off topic - A3_3.2_S-Line's car looks fab.
    Hi, first post and all etc.

But be careful about those price comparisons on parkers. Did you notice that on the Sportback the mileage was 10000, and the 3dr was 20000.

That to me says firstly that 3 doors sell more and are higher milage at that age. From what I have heard at dealers is that the sportbacks arent as popular and because of that depreciate faster than the 3dr.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Hello and welcome Xedos.

Why don't you say hello in the welcome section.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Line
    JOB DONE :lol:

LOL...Quality
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    Nice car (the OPs)

Just for the record I think the sportbacks look terrible, but as has already been said each to their own. That's a nice bit of photoshopping there S-Line!:biggrin:

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by god_thats_quick
    Nice car (the OPs)

Just for the record I think the sportbacks look terrible, but as has already been said each to their own.
    Not quite, if you say something bad about a 3 door your post gets deleted. Anyway I'll not say the 3 door looks terrible, but I much prefer the sportback, the balance is better and has a much nicer looking rear.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffY
    Not quite, if you say something bad about a 3 door your post gets deleted. Anyway I'll not say the 3 door looks terrible, but I much prefer the sportback, the balance is better and has a much nicer looking rear.
    Thank God for that - this thread was supposed to be about A3_3.2_S-Line's new car, but it's turned into a Sportback-bashing!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Thank God for that - this thread was supposed to be about A3_3.2_S-Line's new car, but it's turned into a Sportback-bashing!
    To right! You thread jacking terrorists.

All fun and games.

Anyways got some sad news!

After 10 days of ownership some bum (most likely in a 4x4) has hit me in the rear whilst I was parked at a meter in Mayfair. It only a scratch but I felt so sick when I saw it.

Status
    Bummer about your car matey. Some people have little or no respect for others and their cars.

J.

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffY
    Your entitled to post your opinion about the 3 door.

...but threads may get trimmed or deleted if they are deemed to be offsensive to other members on the forum.

J.

Uber Post Whore

Status
    A3 3.2 S-line, do those seats come with sliver stitching?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TDI-line
    A3 3.2 S-line, do those seats come with sliver stitching?
    Yes and the steering wheel and gear nob gaitor are also in matching sliver stitching.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_3.2_S-Line
    18" 20 Spoke Split Rims
    I have to say they look the absolute nuts, how do you find cleaning them, this would be the only thing putting me off them !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12