Syncing the two A/C controls?

Dandle

Reaction score
Hi I read somewhere before we had our car that its possible to sync the A/C controls so that if the drivers temp control is moved up or down that the passenger temp will change with the drivers. I think the passenger was still able to change their temp independantly of the driver if they wished.

Does anyone know how to get this working?

The standard set up on the climate control of the A3 is that adjusting the driver's will automatically change the passenger setting.

However, you can change the passenger one independently if you wish by clicking the dial up or down but it will then remain independent whilst the engine / ignition is still on unless you hold down the auto button for a few seconds which makes the passenger temp revert to the driver setting.

hold Auto for about 3-5 secs and hey presto, driver controls both sides, if pass changes temp, it reverts back to independant

Cheers guys that worked. I think I must have changed the passenger one first when I got the car as they have never worked together until today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have only just figured out how to reset the MPG and stuff in the DIS!

[ QUOTE ]
I have only just figured out how to reset the MPG and stuff in the DIS!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif even I worked that one out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif = RTFM

Sorry had to be done..........................

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The standard set up on the climate control of the A3 is that adjusting the driver's will automatically change the passenger setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sportback must be different then,as it's always been completely independent on mine.

I'd actually prefer it to be linked,but it's not a big deal.

I've always thought twin-zone was a bit gimicky.

I mean,how can you really completely seperate the temperature zones in an 8 x 5 box... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

They are independant but you can adjust the pair from the drivers side by pressing and holding the auto.

Then as others have said adjusting the passenger side will make them independant again.

J.

Did mine this morning. Much better now!

I'm still working my way through the manual! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif