AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 59
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Good evening chaps. New S3 sportback owner

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13

    Good evening chaps. New S3 sportback owner

    Good evening.

    New user here. First post so go easy haha.

    I purchased 2012 Audi S3 Sport back black edition last weekend from a main Audi dealer in Poole, Dorset.

    Car was up for £26k ended up paying £25150 after a bit of haggling. 1 owner, 15k miles and all the options minus roof rails.

    I pick the car up next Saturday. Showed the picture to a few mates and they laughed at the current tires that are on the car.
    Apparently the choice of tire is appalling. Budget entry level tires that shouldn't be on an S3!! The car wasn't prepared as it was taken in that day from the previous owner which he had on a 2 year PCP deal. So seems the last owner may have been a tight ass!

    Now do I have a leg to stand on if I demand it should be sold with a better standard of tire on it? What could I say etc.....

    Sorry for the long post. And hello BTW.

    Guy


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Sandra's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,320
    Hi guy, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice looking car. Hope you enjoy it. Enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP


  4. #3
    A3Kent's Avatar
    Different Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Welcome along

    They will probably laugh at you in all honesty. You've bought the car with those tyres on, end of. If they were all illegal then yes you could demand new tyres but not in this case.
    09 Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-Line SB 8P3
    - Full Leather - LED DRL's - BOSE - Cruise Control - RNS-E Mk2 - AMI - Bluetooth - Folding Mirrors -

    VCDS owner - A3 Grille Install Guide

  5. #4
    Alex_Wil's Avatar
    Stage 2+

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Tonbridge Kent
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by eves View Post
    Good evening.

    New user here. First post so go easy haha.

    I purchased 2012 Audi S3 Sport back black edition last weekend from a main Audi dealer in Poole, Dorset.

    Car was up for £26k ended up paying £25150 after a bit of haggling. 1 owner, 15k miles and all the options minus roof rails.

    I pick the car up next Saturday. Showed the picture to a few mates and they laughed at the current tires that are on the car.
    Apparently the choice of tire is appalling. Budget entry level tires that shouldn't be on an S3!! The car wasn't prepared as it was taken in that day from the previous owner which he had on a 2 year PCP deal. So seems the last owner may have been a tight ass!

    Now do I have a leg to stand on if I demand it should be sold with a better standard of tire on it? What could I say etc.....

    Sorry for the long post. And hello BTW.

    Guy

    I got my Audi S3 from Audi in Poole aswell - Exactly the same mileage and price to! - who did you deal with there ,

    I would ask them to change the tyres before picking it up nothing to loose!
    Current Car:
    | STAGE 2+ -8P3 - S3 -S-TRONIC -3 DOOR -BLACK EDITION - Tuned and Modified by AMD Tuning |

    Current Modifications :
    Miltek 200 Cell High Quality Sports Cat,Downpipe & Catback, AMD Cold Air Induction ,LOBA Fuel Pump , AMD STAGE 2+ REMAP, GFB DV+ ,Bilstein B14 Coilovers , H&R Arbs ,ALK-Superpro,DSG Software Upgrade ,Mintex pads & Zero Sixty discs, FMIC STAGE 2 Airtec , TTS Engine Cover, Team Heko Wind Deflectors ,Michelin PS3


  6. #5
    buz
    buz's Avatar
    Flat out

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    63
    Welcome and nice purchase.

    I've got to admit I'd do the same with budget tyres if I knew I was giving the car back, why splash out for someone else's benefit? I'd try your luck though but do it before it's prepared for sale. Maybe worth going back and getting a good look at them to see if they're the exact same rating etc as standard as you could then argue if they're not the right specification.

    Good luck!

  7. #6
    leeds2592's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want a 964!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,167

    My Social Networking

    Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    If I was paying over £25K for a car, I wouldn't want £60 a corner budgets on it.

    Whether they'll change them is a different story though.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

  8. #7
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,623
    Can't see them changing the rubber for you, you've already agreed to buy it.

    As for the previous owner, I'd do the same if I was getting shut also!
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Cheers chaps. May try my luck. What sort of tyres should I go for? And what price

  10. #9
    S3Alex's Avatar
    Rarely neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by eves View Post
    Cheers chaps. May try my luck. What sort of tyres should I go for? And what price

    Worth a try,but I think you know the likely answer to getting new tyres out of them.

    In any case,you should look at Goodyear F1 Assys,Continental 5s,or best of all,Michelin Supersports,if you can find the correct fit.

    Look at spending at least £120-140/wheel.

  11. #10
    Marshy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dumfriesshire
    Posts
    635
    Yeah as above, you'd of had a chance at point of sale but once you've either signed or paid a deposit it's unlikely.
    I'd still try though you may get something 50/50
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Audi were having none of it haha. They did say it hasn't been through the checks yet so if the tread is low they will change them. No worries though. Can always get some new ones

  13. #12
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,623
    Nice S3 buy the way!!
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

  14. #13
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    458
    Can't quite see the brand, but as you've already found out they won't entertain you. You could get them on a technicality if the tyres are the incorrect size, speed or load rating. You'll probably have the most luck with load rating, so make sure they are XL (extra load) rated as often they aren't in this size.

    What options have you got btw, as late model black editions are quite high spec'd to begin with.

  15. #14
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    Can't quite see the brand, but as you've already found out they won't entertain you. You could get them on a technicality if the tyres are the incorrect size, speed or load rating. You'll probably have the most luck with load rating, so make sure they are XL (extra load) rated as often they aren't in this size.

    What options have you got btw, as late model black editions are quite high spec'd to begin with.

    The brand is BCT I zoomed in lol!!!!!

    Never heard of them??????

    AUDI S3 SPRINT BLUE 2010 TFSI QUATTRO

  16. #15
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    Can't quite see the brand, but as you've already found out they won't entertain you. You could get them on a technicality if the tyres are the incorrect size, speed or load rating. You'll probably have the most luck with load rating, so make sure they are XL (extra load) rated as often they aren't in this size.

    What options have you got btw, as late model black editions are quite high spec'd to begin with.
    Hey matey.

    I'm not going to hassle them anymore with regards to the tyres.

    It's a 2012, has the sat nav, parking sensors and panoramic roof.

  17. #16
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by eves View Post
    Hey matey.

    I'm not going to hassle them anymore with regards to the tyres.

    It's a 2012, has the sat nav, parking sensors and panoramic roof.
    Why? Its a £25000 high performance sports car thats not been fitted with the correct tyres :/ Threaten to pull out of the sale, im sure they might at least meet you half way!! I think the standard tyres fitted to an S3 from the factory should be either Conti sport contact 5's or bridgestones i think!!!

    EDIT: Theyre £40 a corner (BCT S800 Car Tyres - Free Delivery - Ears) & from what i have seen online they dont come in 225 40 R18 92Y which is the S3 tyre spec, only in W speed rating.. not sure if you could use that!

    Double EDIT: Audis own website for tyres only brings up tyres in 225 40 18 92Y rating for my S3... https://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-a...%2Fsearch.html
    Last edited by Dave-S3; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:44.
    Compkiler likes this.
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  18. #17
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,032
    £40 a corner. Tight *******s.
    S3Alex and RedDejavu like this.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  19. #18
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13

    .

    Hey Guys,

    Just a quick one with regards to the budget tyres on the vehicle. They will be safe to drive on wont they. I commute 5 miles to work each day and will be using it at the weekends. I've grown out of driving like a tw@t!

  20. #19
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Yeah, of course they'll be safe but don't you think it kind of defies the point of buying an S3? Im pretty much lost for words on this one if I'm honest, but hey ho each to their own! But considering they're not even the correct specced tyre for the car given the speed rating on them, (ok they are above the speed limit the S3 is technically limited to) but Audi specced the car new with Y rated tyres, they are attempting to pull a fast one on you mate!!

    Turn the tables and ask the sales person that if it was them buying a £25K+ high performance car would they be happy if a main dealer garage supplied the car to you with cheap as they come tyres on? Remember they're the only thing keeping you in contact with the tarmac!!! The total price of those per corner equals out to near enough the fitted price of one proper high performance tyre from the high street fitters, including Audi themselves!!

    If thats the attitude to having an S3, i don't want to sound harsh here but you mays well go and get a 1.2 TSI, that will drive fine to its limit on budgets...
    grchmason likes this.
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  21. #20
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    155
    they are technically not designed for that car's capability so no they are not safe. The Audi checks would have meant they would have had to change them so I would fall back on the Approved Audi checks.

    In theory, they legally shouldn't allow you to drive away on those tires for that car as the size and load rating isn't compatible for the car. If your still in doubt, ask the Audi Twitter page and they will confirm.
    Dave-S3 and grchmason like this.

  22. #21
    Marshy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dumfriesshire
    Posts
    635
    If the speed or load rating is lower than the one specified by the manufacturer then the car isn't legal.
    You may find that an insurance company would try and decline any claim that they thought was caused by an incorrect load or speed rating.
    If it is the wrong rating I'd of thought by law they have to replace them to the correct specification but that could still be budget.
    If your paying £25k the price of tyres is nothing to them and it's there problem if they're selling an approved car not to manufacture specifications.
    Dave-S3 likes this.
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

  23. #22
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by woollyjoe View Post
    they are technically not designed for that car's capability so no they are not safe. The Audi checks would have meant they would have had to change them so I would fall back on the Approved Audi checks.

    In theory, they legally shouldn't allow you to drive away on those tires for that car as the size and load rating isn't compatible for the car. If your still in doubt, ask the Audi Twitter page and they will confirm.
    size wise i think they will be right but as has been echoed by Marshy, if the speed rating isn't what was specced on the car then its their problem and they need to be changed, in my opinion you'd be daft to ignore all this advice and walk away with the car anyway. Don't let the excitement and fun of getting a new car blinker your judgement as you'll only regret the decision afterwards!
    RS3dan likes this.
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  24. #23
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    458
    Trouble is, looking at the link above, they are the correct size, speed rating and load rating and whilst I agree that if sold by an Audi dealer then they should've thought about replacing the tyres, but if you've already negotiated the price down, then there isn't any real room for discussion as they could argue you can buy a brand new set with the discount they've given you?

    W rating exceeds the top speed of the car btw.

  25. #24
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    Trouble is, looking at the link above, they are the correct size, speed rating and load rating and whilst I agree that if sold by an Audi dealer then they should've thought about replacing the tyres, but if you've already negotiated the price down, then there isn't any real room for discussion as they could argue you can buy a brand new set with the discount they've given you?

    W rating exceeds the top speed of the car btw.
    Yeah that was my point, but i still think its pretty cheeky selling a 18 month old high performance car with tyres on that i wouldnt even put on a poverty spec A3…
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  26. #25
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    155
    The speed rating is for the safety of the car. Audi would have specified a speed rating for the car regardless of the top speed based upon what is safe.

    I would seek out from Audi what the warranty details say. For example, if it would compromise the Audi warranty - then the tyres have to be changed regardless. This can also be done after buying the car.

  27. #26
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    pretty sure on PCP the tyres should be changed like for like anyway!!!
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  28. #27
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    155
    good point - something aint right with those tyres for sure. what does the V5 say as owner - and what is the state of finance - that might help.

  29. #28
    Marshy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Dumfriesshire
    Posts
    635
    I'm assuming its only the front tyres that have this rubbish fitted?
    At least you can compare the original specs from front to rear.
    IBIS WHITE S3
    Revo stage 2+ and loving it

  30. #29
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13

    Good evening chaps. New S3 sportback owner

    Hey chaps. Sorry for the late reply. I actually pick the car up next Wednesday. I only took the picture of the one wheel and didn't realise they were poor tyres until I posted up on another forum. Vehicle was a purchased as a PCP from new from the same Audi garage in Poole.

    I am going to call Audi UK for their opinion in the morning.

    I'm gonna go in with this which I got from another forum;

    The tyres currently fitted are 225/40-18 BCT S800 92W from the research I have just done.

    OE is 225/40-18 92Y Conti SC2 AO which i believe has now been replaced with the SC5 (AO stands for audi only)

    The tyres currently fitted are under the OE standard requirement - Y rated, AO marked tyres should be fitted, by lowering the speed rating, you could potentially invalidate your insurance.
    Last edited by eves; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:03. Reason: typo

  31. #30
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Right sorry for the long post. I have drafted up an email to send to the sales manager in the morning.

    Anything else I should add?

    Good evening,

    Following on from our conversation earlier with regards to the tyres fitted on my soon to be Audi S3 sport back. I still have a couple of concerns.

    The tyres currently fitted to the vehicle are 225/40-18 BCT S800 92W. Can you confirm if all four tyres currently fitted are the same make and model.

    Original specification tyres are 225/40-18 92Y Conti SC2 AO which i believe has now been replaced with the SC5 variant.

    The tyres currently fitted are under the OE standard requirement - Y rated, AO marked tyres should be fitted, thus by lowering the speed rating I could potentially invalidate my insurance in the event of a claim.

    Having looked online at the prices of these tyres they appear to be sold at prices as low as £45 per tyre. I am paying a substantial amount of money for a high performance vehicle with what appears to be cheap inadequate tyres.

    Will this vehicles tyres be changed prior to purchase?

  32. #31
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    199

    Good evening chaps. New S3 sportback owner

    I once had an 8l with a full set of budgets on when I bought it, the car was awful to drive believe me it just didn't want to stay on the road really unsafe!! So I wouldn't want to think what our 8p's would be like with them on...
    Last edited by S3 AEX; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:41. Reason: edit

  33. #32
    buz
    buz's Avatar
    Flat out

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    63
    I would change the last sentence in your email to,

    I am not happy to continue with the purchase of this vehicle until the tyres are replaced to original equipment branded tyres.

    I'd be very surprised if they'd chance risking losing a £25k sale over the trade price of a set of tyres!

  34. #33
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by buz View Post
    I would change the last sentence in your email to,

    I am not happy to continue with the purchase of this vehicle until the tyres are replaced to original equipment branded tyres.

    I'd be very surprised if they'd chance risking losing a £25k sale over the trade price of a set of tyres!
    Ahhhh too late. I ended it with;

    Will this vehicles tyres be changed prior to purchase as I'm not sure I would want my wife to drive it as it currently stands.

    I await there response

  35. #34
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Is this a good site to buy tyres from, if all fails from Audi I will buy a set and get them delivered to AUDI and they can fit them;

    Tyre 225/40 R18 92Y passenger Summer/All season : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader

  36. #35
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    155
    There is a valid "warranty" issue you haven't raised with them. Audi absolutely will not cover related defects with those tires. They will say that they are not within tolerances / advised etc, so the warranty work will not be covered.

    There is a case where Audi refused rust work because the owner couldn't prove the repair work was done by an authorised approved body shop, even though the work was done by an Audi dealer themselves.

    Not only will your insurance by compromised, but your warranty may not exist. What's worse, is that those tyres on that car are likely to put you in a hedge straight away and the dealer should be worried about the safety.

    I would get onto Audi Twitter for Cust Serv support. Having them agree will force hand of dealer.

  37. #36
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    565

    My Social Networking

    Visit Dave-S3's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by woollyjoe View Post
    There is a valid "warranty" issue you haven't raised with them. Audi absolutely will not cover related defects with those tires. They will say that they are not within tolerances / advised etc, so the warranty work will not be covered.

    There is a case where Audi refused rust work because the owner couldn't prove the repair work was done by an authorised approved body shop, even though the work was done by an Audi dealer themselves.

    Not only will your insurance by compromised, but your warranty may not exist. What's worse, is that those tyres on that car are likely to put you in a hedge straight away and the dealer should be worried about the safety.

    I would get onto Audi Twitter for Cust Serv support. Having them agree will force hand of dealer.
    Glad to see your doing something about it, it isnt the only sportback S3 on the market at 25k, theres loads of others at Audi, i know as i looked last night! As has been said you need Y rated high performance tyres, apparantly the speed rating is also an indicator of how the tyre performs under braking etc as well. Apparantly in the UK it isnt actually a MOT requirement to have tyres fitted with the OE speed rating but it then goes on to say that insurance/warranty on the vehicle may be comprimised.

    My advice now is that if they dont co-operate in any way shape or form you pull out of the sale and inform them that the regestration plate of the vehicle will be posted on each and every internet Audi form to warn other would be buyers that the car is not being sold as it should be! For all the messing about i'd also be angling after a full tank of fuel too, they hate putting fuel in :P
    2009 S3 S-Tronic, Ice Silver, Black Edition - 280 BHP & 296 Ftlb

  38. #37
    _Zerocool_'s Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    217
    I had a similar problem when I bought my S3 Sportback. It came with Falken 453s on it which I thought would be fine as I had them on my03 GTTDI golf but they were awful. I bought a set of goodyear eagle f1 assys and it has completely transformed the car from what it was when I bought it. I don't think there is any point having a car like an S3 with budget tyres on. I wouldn't feel confident that I would be cornering or be able to stop correctly. They don't call budget tyres hedge magnets for nothing. I appreciate when you say that you won't be driving fast but you may want to over take or a corner may catch you off guard or you may need to stop quickly. A very high % of collisions are attributed to tyre issues be it low or high pressures or tread, lack of or quality proportionate to the car they're on. I'd just get some quality on there and feel better. Nice car btw, Enjoy and welcome to the club

  39. #38
    pluves1's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by eves View Post
    Right sorry for the long post. I have drafted up an email to send to the sales manager in the morning.

    Anything else I should add?

    Good evening,

    Following on from our conversation earlier with regards to the tyres fitted on my soon to be Audi S3 sport back. I still have a couple of concerns.

    The tyres currently fitted to the vehicle are 225/40-18 BCT S800 92W. Can you confirm if all four tyres currently fitted are the same make and model.

    Original specification tyres are 225/40-18 92Y Conti SC2 AO which i believe has now been replaced with the SC5 variant.

    The tyres currently fitted are under the OE standard requirement - Y rated, AO marked tyres should be fitted, thus by lowering the speed rating I could potentially invalidate my insurance in the event of a claim.

    Having looked online at the prices of these tyres they appear to be sold at prices as low as £45 per tyre. I am paying a substantial amount of money for a high performance vehicle with what appears to be cheap inadequate tyres.

    Will this vehicles tyres be changed prior to purchase?
    Well done with your email. I wouldn't be driving the car with those tyres on as it will potentially invalidate your insurance. They are not up to OEM spec.

    As this is Audi approved I would push them for tyres that are OEM. They might have recourse with the previous owner if he or she did not put like for like tyres on when handing it back. It should have been picked up at the inspection and again should be picked up on the Audi Approved inspection.

    Keep us updated and if I were you I wouldn't be settling for anything less that OEM spec or equivalent tyres. Its not relevant that you have already agreed a price for the car as you could simply argue that you expected the car supplied to of Audi Used Approved standards. Hopefully the previous owner hasn't skimped on other things as well.
    Now

    MY10 BMW 335d Touring (Sapphire Black)


    MY10 S3 Sportback (Sprint Blue)



    Previously
    06 BMW 330d M Sport Touring Le Mans Blue with Black leather, Phone Prep

  40. #39
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    ok so here it goes......

    Sales chap called me back regarding my 'fantastically written email'

    The vehicle is currently fitted with two of the cheapo tyres on the front wheels. He has agreed to swap all my wheels and tyres with wheels and tyres from another Audi S3 which they currently have in stock, these would be continental tyres and have the same amount of tread as the cheapo tyres that are currently on the vehicle.

  41. #40
    Veneeringman's Avatar
    Bazinga

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Back in the UK
    Posts
    607
    I wouldn't have it to be honest, remember those 4 rubber circles are the only thing keeping you safe on the tarmac.......

    Tell them you aren't happy especially spending 25K for a car that doesn't have OE spec tyres !!!

    It does make you think if the previous owner was this tight with tyres, what else has been scrimped on ??

    At the end of the day its a performance machine and needs a certain spec of parts etc...... to keep it running that way.

    Once you pay that money, you'll have very little leverage.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New A3 Sportback owner....
    By Gooey33 in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th March 2014, 14:36
  2. New A3 Sportback Owner's Manual Online?
    By Zig in forum New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th March 2013, 07:32
  3. Good evening all, new 8L A3 owner (And a Honda Convert)
    By Porker in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th September 2011, 00:21
  4. New A5 Sportback S-Line owner!
    By Stulynn in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd March 2011, 11:56
  5. Evening - New A4 Tdi Owner
    By styleinnovations in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th August 2006, 00:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO