Recommended brake dics and pads s3 ?

Keane

Reaction score
Alright lads, phoned Audi today to get a price on brake discs and pads (front) for my s3. £336 ! Think this is a little excessive tbh ....? Got a quote from demon tweeks for ebc grooves discs and red stuff pads £208 delivered.

Grooved discs is not something I've rated on prev cars :/ never had red stuff pads but mates don't rate them.

I'm after a good quality disc and pads as brakes are not something to skimp on.
Any recommendations ? Brembo ? Ebc .. Or stick with oem ?

Alright lads, phoned Audi today to get a price on brake discs and pads (front) for my s3. £336 ! Think this is a little excessive tbh ....? Got a quote from demon tweeks for ebc grooves discs and red stuff pads £208 delivered.

Grooved discs is not something I've rated on prev cars :/ never had red stuff pads but mates don't rate them.

I'm after a good quality disc and pads as brakes are not something to skimp on.
Any recommendations ? Brembo ? Ebc .. Or stick with oem ?

A lot depends on what you want from the car,or are planning on,and what state of tune it currently runs.

Personally,I feel there is little to gain from uprating the pads,and I didn't like the EBC pads at all when I tried those as a stop gap before a decent big brake kit.

Thats a personal view,as others find those pads are OK.

If you're spending money on replacement discs etc,it's better to put the money towards a good brake kit,such as an RS/Brembo kit,which isn't shockingly costly,but is way better than what you've been looking at.

Cheers for that bud. I'm not looking for a big upgrade kit just some good replacement discs and pads :)

Cheers for that bud. I'm not looking for a big upgrade kit just some good replacement discs and pads :)

Ferodo DS2500 pads are a good road compromise,but may not add a lot until the whole lot is upgraded.

I don't rate the Redstuff pads as you may have guessed.

Cheers :) my mates don't rate red stuff neither. As for discs ..? Do brembo do discs and pads ?

I'm looking for another replacement.
I bought mintex discs and Pagid pads in January and after a couple of thousand miles I get judder.
Had one pair of discs under warranty in February and the judder is back now.

Last edited:
Red stuff are horrible , yellow is a better choice if you want ebc

Have std brembo disks and DS2500 pads on mine and have no issues with fast road use at stage 2+

I've found genuine brembo discs and pads for £170 delivered on eBay.
TPS just quoted me £217 for genuine discs and pads.
If I buy from my Seat dealer mate in Ireland same parts as a cupra then £200 delivered.

I've found genuine brembo discs and pads for £170 delivered on eBay.
TPS just quoted me £217 for genuine discs and pads.
If I buy from my Seat dealer mate in Ireland same parts as a cupra then £200 delivered.

Got the link mate ? And when you say tps quoted £217 for genuine discs and pads you mean oem or brembo ?

I bought Pagid discs and pads front and back for about £270 from Eurocarparts.

Hmmm that's interesting ! Got quoted £356 just for the discs and pads lol !

That's a really good price, what are the chances of these being cheap copies rather than genuine do you think?

I'm wondering this myself.
This is the same place I purchased my current Mintex discs which have warped and been replaced once already and warped again!
When they came they were in plain cardboard boxes with no Mintex literature.

In that case I think I'd stay well away from the eBay options and look to TPS or Euro Car Parts. You can get some amazing deals when the right promo codes come up which seems to be pretty regularly :)

When I posted the link I'd never noticed it was the same seller.
They replaced my first set as goodwill but this set they say I've to buy some elsewhere and pay the return postage to send these back for inspection.
They say its a problem with the car not the discs!
It still had its original discs on at 50k and were only replaced for corrossion, cheap discs I think.