Revo Stage 1 Remaps for S3 2006

shortfletch11

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but wanted to get some feedback on anyone with an S3 thats has had a Revo Stage 1 remap done before? Any problems or good reviews etc. I am contemplating this as my next mod but at £500 I want to be sure its worth it?

Cheers for reading and hopefully replying!

shortfletch11

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Mine's a 2008 model,but that's much the same.

Opens up a bit more power,and more usefully,good midrange torque.

Very good first stage,and no problems with the car,software,or anything else.

Reactions: shortfletch11
Yes lol been covered many many times

Revo - yes yes yes IMO - had my S3 tuned to Revo 2+ which is around 360bhp. Was an awesome machine and was still very economical for the performance.

With the stage1 software you will get 300-310bhp. Do no believe any rolling road figures that say otherwise eg my RR figure for my Stage 1 S3 was 337bhp lol i laughed at the tuner!

Unfortunately, one of the S3's weak points it is clutch and it being a 2006 and if on original clutch, I can only assume with the extra power and load, it will fail. You can replace it with a standard item but just depends how long you will keep the car.

I changed mine to a sachs organic clutch, standard LUK flywheel and replaced the bearing and oil. Was perfect for 3 years, allowed me to use full use of the power and felt more secure under load. This will cost the guts of £1000 for parts and labour.

Then, the fun begins with further modifications.......

Reactions: NKenny, warren_S5, Revo Steve-W and 3 others
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but wanted to get some feedback on anyone with an S3 thats has had a Revo Stage 1 remap done before? Any problems or good reviews etc. I am contemplating this as my next mod but at £500 I want to be sure its worth it?

Cheers for reading and hopefully replying!

shortfletch11

If you need any assistance finding your local Revo dealer, please give us a shout - eurosales@revotechnik.com

Enjoy!!

Reactions: Hoesty
I too recommend the Revo Stage 1 map, even better with the Revo Air Intake.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Yeah have Revo stage 1 on my S3 and love it.
Have added a Loba pump and AMD intake and a turbo back exhaust.
Fitted my Sachs clutch on Saturday and once bedded in Revo stage 2+ here we come.
As nike say
Just Do It

Reactions: s3_trev
It's great, and if you choose a local / competent support centre to do the work you'll have the aftercare you need too should you need ongoing advice. In the world of tuning 'relationship' is king! Get it bought!

It was the best £500 I spent on any mod

cheers for the feedback all. in the process of getting the funds together so hopefully will join the remap club. do you notice any other changes to the car such as exhaust note, engine tone etc?

It was the best £500 I spent on any mod

Forbzeeee - meaning to ask other members too. how do you get that blurb at the bottom of each of your comments detailing your cars mods?

"Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 1, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs...
Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB."

Forbzeeee - meaning to ask other members too. how do you get that blurb at the bottom of each of your comments detailing your cars mods?

"Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 1, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs...
Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB."

Go to "Settings" at the top of the page.

In the left hand bar you will find "Edit Signature"....and away you go.

I too recommend the Revo Stage 1 map, even better with the Revo Air Intake.

Contemplating the Air Intake too? But prefer to retain an engine cover? Is it true the standard S3 has to be removed? If so can a TTS cover be used instead? What benefits are there to having the intake?

The TT-S cover can be used, or modify the S3 cover. Benefits of the intake increased air flow which is roughly 10-15bhp, and a better induction sound.

Anyone know of any other remap options in Staffs as been quoted £598 now!?

£598 is standard revo price £499 + VAT I've been told by a dealer there wasn't much in the way of discount unless its on a REVO offer i.e summer/winter sale as he didn't make much on the maps, not sure how true that is though…

If your only planning to modify your car utilising the stock turbo i would really consider shark or a custom tuner, Rick at unicorn motor developments is based in stockport, his stage 1 is £300 and from what i gather its a full true custom map to your car… Shark map will set you back £400 at retail including VAT.

In my opinion Revo's standard price of almost £600 for as stage 1 remap is a total rip off...

Last edited:
Revo seem to have 20% off virtually all the time, except in this case obviously. I think I paid £400 for my stage 1, which was plenty. Id have went elsewhere if they were charging £598!

Fair enough, but 20% off almost £600 doesn't equal £400 its £480…. so i fail to see how all of you are getting Revo'd for the same price as the competitors… Unless I'm reading the website wrong but it seems to clearly state that taxes are not included where applicable. Could Mr Revo clarify this lol?

During the winter 20% off sale they offered 35% off to anyone switching tuners though…

Another question is why is Revo software so expensive for VAG cars..? If you take ford as an example a stage 1 remap for an ST is £299 whereas the S3 is £499 + VAT of course?

Sounds reasonable, I must admit I've not seen anywhere offering Revo at a discounted rate but maybe its just on a need to know basis, i was actually quoted a stage 2 package today including a revo map, once the parts and fitted was taken off the revo quote was 15-20% less than the standard price of £549+Vat..

£598 is standard revo price £499 + VAT I've been told by a dealer there wasn't much in the way of discount unless its on a REVO offer i.e summer/winter sale as he didn't make much on the maps, not sure how true that is though…

If your only planning to modify your car utilising the stock turbo i would really consider shark or a custom tuner, Rick at unicorn motor developments is based in stockport, his stage 1 is £300 and from what i gather its a full true custom map to your car… Shark map will set you back £400 at retail including VAT.

In my opinion Revo's standard price of almost £600 for as stage 1 remap is a total rip off...

I agree Dave, really want a Revo S1 given the great feedback but I cant justify paying £600 for essentially a software update. im halfway to a BCS Exhaust System!!!!

I have been quoted £350 for a black code remap in stafford. anyone know much about this?